333766posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a break from the bra

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Need a break from the bra

I have bought "comfort bras" from Camiselle to wear at night as I don't like to wear a bra to sleep in.  By the time I got them I was well past the initial healing phase of surgery - they are "Pull on" style, so I don't know if I would have managed thyem in the immediate aftermath of the operation before movement came back.l  I got these as I'm undetgoing chemo and have a Hickman line in my chest, so have to keep the line ends contained at night.  They are super comfy - soft on the skin, stretchy and not too warm at night.  These might be worth trying once your arms are moving freely again if you still feel a little support at night is needed.

Highlighted

Thanks for the heads-up on the Chums magic bra. Have just browsed them and they look ideal (no side seams). I'm three weeks post-lumpectomy and SLNB and had a bra fitting at M&S last week. The fitter was brilliant and I found two bras from their Post Surgery range that fit well and don't irritate my two wound sites. I wear them all day without pain or discomfort but must admit I don't sleep in a bra.

Thanks so much will give it a go.

Hi

I spent a fortune in marks and spencers on bras that were supposed to be ideal for this purpose but found all really uncomfortable after the lumpectomy. I saw an advert in magazine for a firm called Chums and they advertised what is called a magic bra'. They were front fastening and at £10 each I thought they were worth a try. They are so comfy. They are ordered by dress size not cup sizes. Don't know how they do it but even with your breasts slightly different sizes they fit comfortably and still give good support.

Need a break from the bra

Hello Everyone,

I am new to here

I had a lumpectomy on Tuesday 13th February, I bought 4 post op bras from M&S but finding it really uncomfortable having to wear it 24/7, I’ve started giving myself an hours break from the bra, am I the only one who is doing this? And is it okay to do it?

Thanks x