Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pets and Other Animals

60 REPLIES 60
Highlighted

Re: Pets and Other Animals

Hello

How many fur babies you got atm? I'm sure one more wont hurt still trying to persuade parents let me get kitten. Next door have beautiful fluffy black cat I've named it princess it's got two black paws two white. She so friendly last night she came inside throyfh front door dad said should kept her hahaha.

We are waiting mum yo hit more stable yo get one,I'm currently awaiting results from a MRI scan as I saw orphopeaedic surgeon spotted something on my knee after I had an xray

I'm still missing lister every day I know its 5am up over hour ago I'm cuddling lister cushion ans head on lister pillow xxxx

Highlighted

Hi , hope all fellow pets lovers here are doing OK. I'm thinking of adding to the Wonky household - reckon can squeeze a wee fur baby of some sort in. 

Highlighted

Hey all

Still struggling with tumour markers on the rise so got scan Wednesday. Anxiety and depression talking beating missing lister cat got black cat cushion and pillow with lister on it got photo site how we all?cat cam sounds good maybe pebbles flip flop hahaha not sure what else xxx

Highlighted

Hey Daylight, good to hear from you and great you have the strength to post. If you need a 'Crazy Cat Lady' you've found one hun. Sorry to read how tough you are getting it. Sorry, no pics simply because I'm useless with technology. But just try to picture two 'pure markings' tabby's. That's what I ended up with - accident, not design. Now, far more importantly, hope you are indulging yourself a little bit ....... what names might you fancy for a wee fluffy pal? I have a colleague who has a link to a 'cat cam' in the USA - it's pretty amazing; if you like I can ask her how you join in. It's great fun, from the stills she shares, she calls all the cats Floofs. Big hug, keep talking, lots of people on here, you aren't alone.  Wonky x 

Highlighted

Sorry for late reply ladies

I was 32 when diagnosed well i remember coughing at a private physiotherapy session and lump occurring my physio said pulled muscle. If it wasn't for my sister who is a doctor showed her it and she ordered me to ring gp next day so i did sje referred me to breast clinic sister mentioned about my lack of needing to go for wee but pased alot so got referred for mri scan. What I did not realise my sister had suspicions of sbc rang my gp up who obviously been in touch with hospital got admitted later that day. Tuesday had biopsy mri and ct scan. Results came in of suspected extensive bone mets needed emergency radiotherapy to lumber snd thorasic if i didnt I could have been paralysed its hesr on 19th june sorry for rambling. We are not sure but we want young cat how your cats im. Known as crazy cat lady slready anyone got photos xxx

Highlighted

Yeh, I can vouch for Wonky's nuttiness 😆 xxx - nutty as a fruit cake, Daylight. What happened to your stray, Wonks??

Crikeybobs Daylight, talk about you having a tough time of it. I'm so sorry to hear about you and your Mum too. Don't know anything about your BC history/story, but I'll check on any of your other posts if you don't wish to dilute this one. Right, just had a quick read, Cazzy. you're 33. That's no age for all this. Picked up on your undetected spinal 2ndaries. Were those detected first before your breast?? I'll carry on reading. I have mental probs too. 

Am sending healing thoughts to both you and your Mum. Stay in touch. Let us know when you get your new furry friend. I'm sure it'd help cheer you all up. Will you go for a rescue puss, do you think?  And Hey, at least your Lister isn't sleeping in the Litter-Tray any more, but on a nice soft fluffy cloud in the sky somewhere.

Lots of love girls  xxxxxx                

Highlighted

Daylight,

Well done for sharing what are still raw and painful memories. I'm sorry ( VERY) I didn't reply to your first post; that was because I couldn't decipher it (like Delly has). I think it's great you have room in your heart to consider a new wee buddy. Totally know only you can say for sure if and when. Personally I'd have a house full of mogs but not sure the neighbours would be keen and I'm considered a bit 'nutty' already as it is without becoming the epitome of "mad cat woman". Plus the bill for the Dreamies already..... LOL=laugh out loud + LOL = lots of love, to all. Take care Daylight and keep posting if it helps. Wonks. 

Highlighted

Lovely Ladies,

I hope you are all managing OK. We've tackled bleepy breast cancer, we have tackled Covid. We are made of pretty sturdy stuff. Goodness knows how many little fluff-cadets, need a loving home these days, if you can convince yourself to think about tackling a wee waif&stray, maybe, just maybe that is another notch on our collective bow.

My two: Miss Toots remains a crabby old lady, still loves occasional chance at licking out a yogurt pot. She can detect the smell of yoghurt from a mile away. She's safe and content and I love her for what she is. On the other end of the personality spectrum is the big bruiser, Beeps, who is as gentle, daft and affectionate as can be. As posted before, without him I don't think I could have coped. He's in robust health again and my only complaint is when he hears my alarm clock go off, he goes into mega purr/snuggle mode and aI end up hitting the snooze button maybe too many times. And thanking the stars that Dreamies have been obtainable throughout lockdown. Stay safe and sane all. Wonks. 

Highlighted

He had lost his eye sight sleeping alot wouldnt come to my bedroom anymore as used keep me company was always there when down and upset. He was incontinent. I found him in morning of his death sleep in his litter tray he hasn't managed get his spot so carried him back when got up later he hadn't moved said to mum he not gonna last day told that to dad then Macmillan advert came on followed by RSPCA. We went into kitchen we were there together told dad he not breathing and he had gone I cried dad hugged me

We burried him in the garden we will get kitten at one point but both me and mum have cancer she has cancer of thyroid and got ng tube in as struggling to swallow awaiting till she bit better. 

I'm struggling bit tbh as last week ny oncologist is concerned as my tumour markers gone up and wants a scan I'm stage four breast cancer too. I suffer from anxiety and depression so yeah tough times sorry doe the moan and it's so tough I need the time to get over him =( is sad face like :(xxxzz

Highlighted

So sorry to read that Daylight. Are you bearing up OK? X

Highlighted

Awwwwww Nooooo - Oh flippin 'eck Daylight. I am sooo sorry to hear that. Were you with him right up to the end as well? Was he at home and natural, or at the vets?

I still miss mine and still get upset when I think of her, and lost her 2016. Everyone kept saying get another one right away, but I couldn't. Felt she, or her memory needed some "Grace" or reflection time. She (Chloe) was elderly 19, and had had a stroke so back legs suddenly paralysed. I've just had a sob now!!! She was so special to me, the bestest friend, such comfort and solace through so much horrible nasty brown stuff, absolutely adored her. I couldn't have another cat here, due to it being on a horrendously busy main road. Too dangerous.

Will you get another one, Daylight?  xxxx    What does =( mean??

Highlighted

Aye predictive text can be best friend or worst enemy i meant detereating still cant spell it but since that last messsge. Im gutted to say he died about month ago today i miss him loads =(xxxx

Highlighted

Hellooooo Pet Mummies.

Grumpy - How's your Gigoloey-Joey's neck now?

Wonks - Have you still got the stray cat with you? Also, have you ever tried those silicone gloves with pimples on to comb your cats with? Save getting scratched hands, plus the hairs stick to the silicon. They have lots of different ones on Amazon.

Daylightdancer- I think maybe your predictive text was distorting your message. "Detonating"?? Are you saying your cat is ill and deteriorating, and "sweeping" a lot meaning sleeping?? Awwww. What's wrong him?

Hope you're all okay. Lots of love to everyone  xxxxxx

Highlighted

Yes, I do mean actual gravy - I always seem to make too much so it goes in the fridge for His Nibs.

Met Phoebe today, and found out why she nipped him. He peed on her!!!!! Thoroughly justified of course.

I've got just one more indoor project to finish, then I'm done. I guess I will have to start doing all the outside jobs I did 4 weeks ago, after all the weeds didn't stop growing and plants still need pruning.

Bedtime now.

Grumpy

Highlighted

Hello Grumpy, so your Joey is all spruced up; he'll be flirting with girls again lol. Do you mean actually gravy? My two moggies are doing fine also, they are great company and a comfort. Keep well, stay safe. Big hug Wonks

Highlighted

Joey has just had his bath and clip - he looks different now because all the fur round his face is shorter so he doesn't collect muck and gravy!!! He doesn't look like a yard brush anymore and his ears look really BIG now.

Take care everyone

Grumpy

Highlighted

Hey ladies 

I have pet called lister a black cat hes lovely but atm hes detonating hes 17 or 18 constant sweeping quite weak breaks my heart =(xxx

Highlighted

Oh my, you have your hands full Grumpy. But glad your message was upbeat, overall. Little to report here. My young cat is in overdrive on fur growth, and not taking kindly to me combing him for too long. He tolerates a bit at a time and that produces handfuls of fluff in itself. He is so quick to protest, my hands are not exactly looking pretty as scratches. Got 'long hair cat shampoo' from Amazon today but it's from Germany, so that will be interesting. Give Joey a pat for me. Wonks X

Highlighted

There is now a designated space in the vet's car park labelled Grumpy and Joey!!!! Today we had to go again - his (supposed) Best Girlfriend Phoebe took a chunk out of his neck and it took bad ways. I think Phoebe is coming into season, and Joey has never grasped the protocol of first dates - flowers and chocolates, don't try to hop on. So tomorrow we have to go to big pet shop to get a little harness that won't rub on his neck. The plus is the vet gave me a bottle of hibiscrub to bathe the wound so I've got something to help me when my antibacterial runs out.

Joey's fan clubs are doing a grand job with the walks and I'm so thankful for good neighbours.

Grumpy xxx

Highlighted

Hi Delly. The Wonks and the furry-wonklets are all fine thanks. Hope you are too. Stay safe. X

Highlighted

Hi Mummies Grumpy and Wonks

Hope you're both okay, are you?

Your Joey's not daft is he!! I'd want a treat too if I had to have drops put in my eye. Hope the gunk (sorry) clears soon.

Wonks - Awww to your new little friend. Wonder where he's come from then? Wonder if he's chipped do you think. Are your two divas both okay. Your boy diva's bladder fully recovered now? (Am I remembering rightly it having been his bladder?)

Am missing mine (sniff sniff). Cuddles. This house is on an terribly busy main road - not really safe for a younger cat. Chloe was an elderly lady of 16 when I moved here and didn't jump up high fences or gates,  so was safe in the back garden for her final 3 yrs. I used to get paranoid about her ever getting out of the front door. I doubt I'd be allowed a rescue cat on this road?

Stay safe girls xxxx   

Highlighted

Absolutely pets are good company! I have a wee friend, a stray cat which I'm feeding. Pure black. V shaped chunk missing from one ear ( doesn't need a vet thankfully) so if he becomes part of the Wonky Family, he will be called Snip. Keep on trucking Grumps. Love Wonks x

Highlighted

Joey has now got a nasty eye infection, all gooey and yellow, so another trip to the vet..... I have to put in the eye drops twice a day and he wriggles until he realises he will get treats. Bribery generally works with Joey!

I'm so glad I've got him while I'm on lockdown - he's good company and so affectionate.

Grumpy

Highlighted

Joey has recovered well, and enjoys his daily walks with his fan club cos they play games in the park. Then he legs it home for his tea....

Bless!!!!

Grumpy

Highlighted

It'll be OK grumps X 

Highlighted

Rather a stressful day. Joey had to go to vet hospital to have two VERY rotten teeth removed, so now he's got no front teeth. It's a sign of the times when the most exciting event is taking a dog to the vet.....

Bath day on hold for now.

Grumpy

Highlighted

Hi Grumps. But aren't pets a comfort in these strange times. I'm chilling here with 'diva cats'......they haven't quite grasped Dreamies are on ration. Lol. You doing OK hun? 

Highlighted

Joey is most likely to be an Uncle again - Hank and Meg had a lovely time!!!!

Next problem will be bath and clip for small white terrier, otherwise he will look like a big ball of candyfloss, AND  get itchy. The bath bit is easy, it's using scissors on a wriggling dog that fills me with horror...

Grumpy

Highlighted

Hi Grumpy. You are in doggy bliss. Good for you!. Lovely stuff. X

Highlighted

Joey will be an Uncle again in May. Meg is now in pup to Hank, just like her sister was (!!!!!!!!) So everyone is excited all over again....

Grumpy

Highlighted

Can't upload the photos, so next week I shall see the pups and get some pics to put on my profile. They have just opened their eyes....

Grumpy

Highlighted

Fantastic.x

Highlighted

Photos of the new puppies will go onto my profile tomorrow.

We're going to see them in 2 weeks!!!

Grumpy

Highlighted

Aaaww, that's lovely. x

Highlighted

Joey is now an UNCLE cos his friend Stripe has had 5 puppies!!!! 

It's so life affirming to welcome new life, whether animal or human.

Grumpy

Highlighted

Hey Grumpy

Had a look a your animal family + photos. Commented on you looking fab in the last one. Folks - for those of you who haven't seen it so don't know, grumpy's aka Dame Helen!! Didn't realise we had film royalty in our midst! Smiley LOL lol

xxxx

Highlighted

To see Meg corgi and Joey, and puppy Eric, look at photos in my profile. The other two are Millie and Barley, the previous pair.

Grumpy

Highlighted

Er, well she did need quite a bit of help to sort her hair out. x 

Highlighted

Ha ha ha Wonks. Thanks sooo much for sharing that, erm, delight(??! ! !) and giggle. Had to be careful with your "slit" and "s*** words there, didn't you. An elephants f""T must be equivalent to "at least" 15 mens, maybe 20 (note the gender, sorry to any guys reading). Good job your friend was in the way of the slit, otherwise it could have been like an alternative type of gas chamber!! Did she suffer any weird after effects, or equally note any benefits?! You never know, elephant f**ts could be a magic cure for all sorts.

Just been watching Blue Planet for the umpteenth time.

Was looking in the paper this week, at photos and reading about all these poor animals affected by the fires in Aussie. Awww, Koalas with singed ears and burned paws wrapped up in bandages. Poor little things Smiley Sad

Hope you've had a good day. Everyone else too xxxx   

Highlighted

Was once lucky enough to visit the famous Treetops in Kenya. The lodge is on stilts, so you look down on the animals as they come to the watering hole. If you want a ground-level view there is a concrete bunker, with very narrow slits to peer through. Friend and I were in the bunker watching a herd of elephants. One decided she had an itch on her bum, so was using the bunker to scratch herself, rubbing along the outside walls. My friend was fascinated that she was THAT close to an elephant, she was glued to the slit.

Next thing, the elephant passed wind, in direct line of the slit my friend was using. A direct hit; I laughed so much I thought I was going to rupture something! 

Highlighted

Yeh, Joey's Mum ran off with a bit of "Wruff, Wruff"! Smiley LOL Sorry grumpy and folks - couldn't resist Heart xxxx 

Highlighted

Grumpy, aawh and you gave me laugh about his wayward mother.... that being the doggie mum, not yourself you understand 😉

x

Highlighted

Hey Grumpy,

Had a closer look at Joeys photo. Ohhh yeh, he's a real cutey all right. Bet he gets away with all sorts due it.

Sorry to hear you're struggling so much with fatigue. I hope it eases off for you soon too.

Take good care xxxx 

Highlighted

The picture is Joey the ASBO Boy...... he is a westie/Jack Russell cross, his mum was a bit of a floozy and ran off for a bit of rough! I tell him it's not his fault.

We also had a corgi Meg, her Grace the Duchess, but she died last year.

Joey is 14 and I have a dear friend who will take him if I die before him. If he dies before me, I won't get an mew dog because it would be irresponsible. It will the first time in 50 years I will be dog free so I shall go to help out at a dog rescue or foster.

Joey is great fun and very cute, and now wears his Big Dog collar with pride, since his puppy collar fell to bits.

It's a naff day so it will be a ride in the car rather than a big walk. I can't walk very far due to the fatigue but I'm hoping it will ease off soon.

Grumpy

Highlighted

Hey Wonky - Going back to your last Kenya story and pertinent to the Forum, but not particularly tasteful (but what's new with me). You'd have to watch the Zeebra, didn't kick you in the She-bra!! (cue cartoon trumpet "Mwa mwa mwa mwa mwaaaa") Oh I know, painful. sorry. Is the best I could come up with for the time of night. Nighty-nighty (Pyjamas-pyjamas)  xxxx  

Highlighted

Because it lays SQUARE eggs !! (ouchy, ouchy) xxx

I don't know how many times I've told these jokes on the Forum, but unfortunately for you lot, I have a renewed audience. If you're of a similar age, you'll probably even remember that one from an Xmas episode of "The Good Life". Margot didn't "get" it ! X

Highlighted

Hit me with it. Lol. 

Highlighted

Phew thanks for that Wonks. I'm beginning to think you're right (or nearly Cat LOL) about my OTT'ishness !! Hang on, I feel another Xmas cracker joke coming on. Oh Noooooo.

It's animal related, so it's allowed.

Why is the "Ooooo Ahhhh," bird so called? 

Highlighted

The Alsation is a good news story Delly. 'The Yorkshire Vet' on telly is lovely and relaxing to watch, I find. 

But hopefully we will read more amusing & heart-lifting posts. X

Highlighted

Coo Wonky, sounds great. What exciting hols you've had, and lasting memories from.

Erm, ref eating the Win-a-Lot as a kid. Mmmm, I had noticed something "wagging" underneath your skirt Smiley LOL

On the same tack, Naa, cat biscuits more yummiescious than conscientious!

Sorry, I'm spreading more nasty news, and reminds me why I don't often read newspapers or watch the news. Anyone read the Mail today? Aside from this monster, Sinaga and his being a multi, multi serial rapist of men, that's been happening in my area, Manchester. Jailing for 30 yrs? I can think of other things more apt!! 

Awww, there was an article about a woman who saw a German Shepherd floating on the banks of the River Trent, thinking it was dead, drowned. Went to pull it out anyway, as a decent thing to do, but saw it/her blink!! Managed to save it, just in time. Poor thing was barely alive. Had a line wrapped round its leg, attached to a shopping bag with a large ROCK in it, in a deliberate attempt to drown her!! Is now fortunately recovering at a vets. Was microchipped(!!) so owner was traced. Turned out owner had had her since 2010 "but a new boyfriend did not like her as she has bad hips and legs"!!! The owner, a female(!!), was arrested and is being investigated for animal cruelty. Someone else who needs *@*@*ing!!! (that's however many letters are the most painful!!). Vote for meeee, I'll sort 'em out.  Ooo err Delly, calm down woman. Someone 'll be complaining and sending out the white van and white coats brigade.

I mentioned I watch all these animal programs, Wildlife SOS, Bondi Vet, Animal Cops which today showed a young horse so badly neglected, left with an overly tight bridle so deeply embedded in the skin across its nose, it had to be surgically removed under anaesthetic!! WHAT??!! How can people do this? 

Somebody pleeease come and quickly change the topic from "nasty" to something "nicey".    

xxxx