12 weeks since mastectomy

On Leterozole feeling really unwell wonder if due to meds. Scar healing although lumpy  feeling hard. Is this normal? 

Thank you x

Hi Lin

If you mean tiny lumps along the scar line, that’s normal and they should go in time (except those dog-ears each end!). It’ important to get to know how your scar feels so, in the future, you will notice any changes. I thought having the mastectomy was enough but apparently we still have to check the flat chest!

I was put on anastrozole, but I had been through chemotherapy and radiotherapy so it’s hard to know where to point the finger of blame. Letrozole is similar to anastrozole and many women report horrid side effects (many don’t of course), including fatigue, nausea, headaches, muscle and joint pain (my beef), hot flushes…so yes, it might be that. It might also be a delayed or continued response to the general anaesthetic. You really should contact your breastcare nurse and ask for a phone consultation. You can ring the nurses here for reassurance that what your feeling is ok but your b/c nurse knows your case (assuming she’s not been reassigned right now )

I hope it eases but you don’t need to put up with it! X