328351posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After anastrazole

5 REPLIES 5

Re: After anastrazole

It is a difficult decision with the small percentages involved. I’m due a follow up in a couple of weeks with my oncologist, I finished herceptin 9 weeks ago. I have been on anastrazole for 14 months, I’m not too badly affected except for bad vaginal dryness which causes me a lot of discomfort some days especially if I do a lot of walking which I like to do. I want to discuss alternatives but I also want to talk about my potential benefit from it in the long term. I’m only just 52 so hopefully that increases the benefit. Hope you feel better if you decide to stop x
Community Champion

You are welcome .If only we had a crystal ball !! It's a difficult decision for sure - good luck .Maybe discuss the alternatives too ? 

Dear Jill1998,

Thank you so much fun for this link!  I am going through a very difficult and complicated decision and a table like this is extremely helpful.  Cheers from Canada 🇨🇦 😘

Braveface

Community Champion

https://breast.predict.nhs.uk/predict_v1.2.html.  This tool gives you some idea of the gain in your particular circumstances although it's still not a precise predictor of what will actually happen .

Community Champion

Braveface sorry you are having such a miserable time - have you spoken to

your doctors re the alternatives to Anastrozole ( maybe Tamoxifen would treat you more kindly ?)  also have you asked about the percentage gain you are getting from taking the hormone medication .Some have only a small gain from taking the meds for others it's much more significant .

After anastrazole

I am just 2 years into a 5-year Anastrazole plan.  Every 3 days or so I feel like I have the flu - achy, no energy, chills (unless I am having a hot flash/flush).  Truthfully, I stay in bed most of the day on those bad  days.  I am 64, I eat a healthy diet, my weight is fine, and I exercise by walking and stretching when I am feeling well enough.  I have never felt so useless in my life!

Has anyone out there endured and then come off a 5-year Anastrazole experience?  If so, did you ever feel normal again and how long did it take to feel better?  I am really wondering if taking this med. is worth the anguish.