Anastrozole and Venaflaxine

Hello :slight_smile:

Just thought I would say I went to see my GP today to talk about the low feeling I have while on Anastrozole. I really have to say I have not been myself at all since taking it. Very depressed and just want to sleep all the time. I also have horrible hot flushes despite the Venaflaxine. It seemed to helped at first but no longer did. My GP just increased the venaflaxine dose to double dose and said I should speak to my oncologist about the Anastrozole and that they may put me on something else. I’ve tried changing the brand and have felt worse. The Teva brand is the only one I can take but with all these horrible side effects. I am no longer interested in sex, I just have no energy, I just want to sit on the couch alone. I’m lucky as my husband works offshore so he is only home every other month so while he is away I don’t have to speak much and I can just sit around. 

Has anybody else experienced these feelings on Anastrozole? Has anyone been taken off it and put on something else? I wish my oncologist would just tell me I don’t need to take it. I only had an 8mm tumour which was stage 1 and completely removed with clear margins and 15 rounds of rads. I didn’t need chemo because my oncotype score came back low.

Would love to hear from you all.

Sending hugs xxx

Hi

I started on Anastrazole just after Christmas and acquired a whole list of side-effects by the time saw the Oncologist for my ‘sign-off-’ meeting in April.  None were too extreme, except for the man with the iron bar who was hitting my legs whilst I slept .  But I had been warned about the possibility of depression when I first saw the ONC in December and that ladies DO change tablets because of it

I did not get depression, but the ONC decided that my list was too long and I am now on Exemestane. 

The side effects have lessened considerably - the Headaches and constipation have gone and the bone pain is much less. I still have joint pain and bunches of bananas where my fingers used to be, but my ankles function again like they should and I can dance again.

So do  ask - there are alternatives to Anastrazole and even changing brand can help

many hugs

Thank you! I went to see my GP and she didn’t help in fact she just increased my venaflaxine to 75mg and now I just feel shakey. Hope this settles but I have not had a hot flush so far today. She suggested I talk to my Oncologist about Anastrozole. I was kind of hoping to come off it rather than have it changed. NHS predict only predicted a 0.4% difference so I would rather go with quality of life, well this is what I’m going to tell him anyway. I was prescribed Accord once by mistake and felt awful immediately, I stopped it and waiting for the Teva brand to be available again. My prescription says to only prescribe the Teva brand but the chemist ignored it :frowning: Hugs to you both :slight_smile: