Anastrozole before surgery

I have been diagnosed with stage 1 to 2 re positive breast cancer with tumor 22mm. I have been given option Of surgery within next 30 days for lumpetcomy or medication anastrozole for 6 to 9 months to shrink tumor first and then have surgery. Wondering if anyone else had this and what they chose as cannot seem to figure out best choice . Advantages and disadvantages to both choices.

Hi yes this happened to me too and I agree it is a difficult decision. My diagnosis shook my world. My tumour was 24mm and I was given the option of letrozole along with a trial med for 14 weeks. This was in May 2017. As my daughter was about to give birth in June I decided to go for the trial and hope for the best. It gave me time to think about things and as it turned out to help my daughter when she had the baby. This was important to me as much as getting rid of the cancer. I was fine and the tumour shrunk to 17mm by surgery which was lumpectomy then radiotherapy. I don’t regret my decision. Hope this helps a little. You have to go with your gut feeling. Lots of love and best wishes. X

Thanks Nellie. Sounds positive and you don’t regret choice. My daughter staying with us has also just had a baby so yes also influences deciaion as also can help her more then . Did you experience any side effects with medication I? Appreciatee all well with you now.

Thanks appreciate it. So hectic to take all in and try make best decision . Have also been asked to participate in clinical trials so too many things to think about. Want to make tight decision but guess just have to choose one and go with it