cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brands of Letrozole

8 REPLIES 8
Debbie61

Re: Brands of Letrozole

Hi Andi. I’d been on Accord for two years and have always requested it. Yes, I have hot flushes and achey joints, but manageable. So I made a big fuss last month when the pharmacy only had Teva. But it was Teva or nothing, and the pharmacist went through the list of ingredients with me, and there wasn’t much difference. She told me to try it with an open mind otherwise I would be sure to have side effects! So I did. And actually I now prefer Teva because, while the side effects were no different, Teva has days of week on pills - great for me as I can never remember if I’ve taken it or not! Debbie x

Andi

Thank you Ladies for your advice and feedback xx
Carolina Moon

Thanks for mentioning this Andi. As I've been on Accord and now they've given me MANX
I'm uneasy about changing brands as well x
Butterflyflyfree

Hi Andi, I would echo what Juliewulie says about starting the new brand before you finish the box of Cipla. I did that when I was given Accord. They didn’t agree with me at all give me horrible cramps and 💩 So I switched back to Cipla and the problem resolved.
I’ve had trouble sourcing Cipla but found an independent chemist that will supply. Although I’ve been told by the hospital pharmacist that if I ask the gp to specify “Cipla Only”on the prescription the chemist HAS to supply that brand.
I haven’t heard of the Manx brand but hope it doesn’t cause any issues. Xx
Anniej
Community Champion

Hi Andi, if you look at the treatment thread there is a great deal said about brands and Letrozole. In fact, a massive discussion! I've had three brands, and my preference is Teva. Accord makes me headachy and sweaty. Very personal as our bodies all react differently. X

Juliewulie

Hi Andi

No problem at all. Why don't you try some Manx while you still have Cipla? I did that with Accord. I still have some Manx for "emergencies". I'm a bit "old hat" if I'm honest. I had Accord from my Cancer Hospital so like to stick to it-but that said it is agreeing with me so far-hope I'm not speaking too soon!!

Juliewulie xx

Andi

Thanks JulieWulie

Good to have feedback. As I'm only a few weeks in to the meds I'm still finding out which one suits me best.

Have a good Sunday xx
Juliewulie

Hi Andi

I've had Manx brand. I found it ok but I try to get Accord as I find it suits me better. If I'm honest I wasn't as good on Manx as Accord but think it's down to the individual.

All the best on it.

Juliewulie xx

Andi

Brands of Letrozole

Hi Everyone

I've just collected my prescription for Letrozole and have never heard of the brand "Manx Healthcare".

Has anyone ever had this brand and if so do you have any comments?

I'm on my second month on Cipla brand with minimal side effects so was quite surprised at the change of brand at my usual pharmacy

Thanks xx