cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBD oil.... anyone tried it???

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted

Re: CBD oil.... anyone tried it???

Yes, I tried, I had an experience with this medicine, I had to use it on the advice of a friend, because after a heavy apperation after an accident on my leg, I could not fall asleep for a long time and severe pain also did not allow me to do it.

Highlighted

There are many misconceptions about the use of CBD oil and medical marijuana to treat cancer. I Googled many research papers which says that the use of CBD oils like this or other CBD oral medicine could be useful to overcome nausea symptoms like vomiting, anxiety, and depression etc. Similarly, many studies also confirm that the use of CBD is also very effective to overcome the side effects of chemotherapy and radiation. Yes, you can also include joint pains in it.

No doubt, the use of CBD could be useful to treat chronic and acute pains but the right dosage and suitable product also matter.  Sometimes, the patient uses high potency products and feels high. That's why it is better to use low potency products even you can start from zero THC levels from here.

You can see other studies which tell the benefits of CBD against cancer symptoms like nausea, weight loss and low appetite.

Highlighted

I have not tried it, but I would very much like it simply doesn’t exist in my country. I live in a Third World country.

Highlighted

Hi 

There is currently a study on CBD oil in cancer treatment at Queen Mary university. I took CBD throughout treatment for BC in 2018. 
The research and studies on CBD are now becoming more conclusive of its effectiveness in cancer treatment. 
I still take a full spectrum CBD alongside high dose Curcumin, and acupuncture. 

Highlighted

Here is a detailed study we did on CBD and Cancer.
https://thecannabisradar.com/cbd-oil/best-for-cancer/

In conclusion (and we have linked to a lot of reliable studies), we can say that at best Full Spectrum CBD Oil can help with slowing the growth of cancer cells. However, there is absolutely no evidence to say that CBD can cure cancer.
Though it is very effective with pain and inflammation.

Highlighted

According to the National Cancer Institute, research indicates that CBD may slow the growth or reduce the risk of recurrence of certain kinds of cancers, including breast cancer; enhance the potency of certain medications; and reduce chemotherapy side effects including vomiting, nausea, and anxiety. Ensure that you use pure CBD oil.

Highlighted

This is just what I have been looking for! Thank you Andy. 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks for this , Andy. Very informative and easy to understand. Love your warnings too. I do worry that very vulnerable people will latch onto CBD  without due care.  I’ve done a screen shot, too. I’m so sick and tired of people talking about CBD as a cure for cancer. I’m sure the NHS would prefer it to the expensive meds we do get. We could all be cured from cancer and happy so very cheaply! Unlike one of the posts, I have tried legal CBD oil and found it ineffective for my joint pain. If I’m asked about it in future I’ll point them to my screen shot of your post. Oh, while I’m on here, can I just say that reading is not research . Research is funded, has a hypothesis, a trial and an outcome. Google does not have a medical doctorate and is years out of date😡 Right, rant over. 

Highlighted

No, I haven't tried CBD oil yet but I've read several articles about their amazing health benefits. It actually surprised me knowing that cannabidiol is very good to our body. In fact, CBD products have been known to work well in treating various types of diseases and disorders, and this is one of the reasons why I recommend them for everyone even though I have not tried these products myself. 

Highlighted

So I’m not sure about CBD’s effects on cancer, but I do know that it has immensely helped my anxiety and depression. So there is some slight truth to this.

Would be interested to see if there’s any link to benefits for cancer patients! I know CBD oils helps those who suffer from seizures.

Highlighted

Very helpful Andy - and persuasive too. I decided it was all too complicated but could have done with this information months ago as I struggled through chemo. I’ve made a screen cap so I can refer to it again. Thanks.

Highlighted

There is some general confusion in the space about what you actually get in your "CBD" products. CBD is one cannabinoid in a sea of many. Each cannabinoid interacts with the body in its own unique way. Also, some cannabinoids influence the effects of other cannabinoids. That said, when product manufacturers create formulations, they can change or control the concentrations of cannabinoids found within their products. This mixing and matching of cannabinoids mean one set of extracts might be quite different than another set of extracts. Also, there are different strains of hemp and one strain of hemp will likely carry its own unique combinations and concentrations of cannabinoids when compared to another. 

As a general rule, there are 3 types of products consumers can buy:
  • Isolate - contains only "1" cannabinoid like CBD without the others
  • Broad Spectrum - contains many cannabinoids without THC
  • Full Spectrum - contains all the cannabinoids
Note: hemp plants contain less than 0.3% THC, so there are trace amounts of THC in full spectrum products. Not enough to get the user high, but if used frequently enough it may show up on a drug test. Use isolate or broad spectrum products with 0% THC to avoid any mishaps. 

Some people prefer to take full spectrum or broad spectrum because of what is referred to as the "entourage effect," which essentially suggests that the myriad of cannabinoids offered in these 2 versions offers the most benefit. 

Here's an article that provides more detail about the reported entourage effect and how it works: https://www.canabyst.com/learn/beginners-guide-to-the-cbd-entourage-effect-phytochemical-playbook/

This is foundational knowledge, however, and it won't necessarily protect the consumer from buying products that may be harmful to their health.

Some rules to follow before buying CBD products that are either inhaled or ingested:
  • Only buy CBD products where Certificates of Analysis COAs are available: COAs are documents issued by Quality Assurance that confirms that a regulated product meets its product specification.
    • Sometimes QR codes are added to labels so if you're in a store, you can check the COA before you buy
    • Never buy CBD products that don't offer COAs
    • Without COAs, you could be buying products that contain little to no CBD, or worse, they contain harmful chemicals like pesticides and heavy metals.
  • Do your research - it's better to look for a trustworthy CBD product online prior to making a purchase
  • Look for products that have been tested by a 3rd party lab - they should show this on their website. The lab should be ISO certified and recent.
  • Read the ingredients - tinctures, edibles, and vapes may contain other ingredients
  • See if you can figure out how the product was sources and cultivated. Some extraction methods use harsh chemicals.
  • Know the amount of CBD in each dose - the labels should contain milligram counts per bottle/serving.

Regarding effects, vape is the fastest acting because it enters the bloodstream immediately upon reaching the lungs. Second, sublingual tinctures permeate a blood barrier membrane and enter the bloodstream within a minute or so. Edibles must go through the digestive tract and some of the product is lost in this process, they also take the longest to absorb into the system.
Highlighted

Hi 

Iv been using CBD oil since my Diagnosis is May 18, it’s been amazing. 

My anxiety would of been worse without CBD and Acupuncture.

There are lots of different types of CBD, I would suggest Sativa for daytime and Indica for the evening. 

My background is Natural Health, Iv run a Healthstore for 19 years, and did a degree in Nutritional Therapy and Herbal Medicine. 

I know all you lovelies have done a lot of research on CBD, however if you have any questions, please message me. There are no contraindications with CBD and hormone blockers, my chemo buddy who had TNBC, has been taking CBD from June 18, and she’s  found it very beneficial. 

Good luck with your treatments. 

Highlighted

yes. CBD As An Excellent Organic Therapy For Seniors. CBD for elders has emerged as a natural treatment due to
various reasons. You may check this https://www.gyo.green/tga-subcool-seeds-9lb-hammer-tga-9lb-r.html, I use it to my Back pain and sleeping disorder for about 2 yrs now

Highlighted

Hi Zena noticed you used cbd which one did you use and what dosage please ? Looking to try it for anxiety and low mood waiting for Rads
Thanks katy
Highlighted
Community Champion

I think the jury's out as there's not enough research . found this post on the Ask the Nurses section but it's regarding Anastrozole .https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Questions-about-anything-else/CBD-oil/m-p/1197430/highlight...
Highlighted

I took cbd oil all way through treatments, I’ve stoped for last 3 months and now having scans for poss bone mets .. I’m taking I again and never stopping this time . Am on exemestane atm but also took with tamoxifen 👍🏻
Highlighted

Is it ok to take cbd oil while on tamoxifen?
Highlighted

Hi there,
Try this website GreenHelix.com
Really great CBD Oil and trusting company
Highlighted
Community Champion

Think the pillow version would be good .
Highlighted

https://www.completecareshop.co.uk/beds-and-bedding/mattress-toppers/cool-mattress-topper

Try this for hot flushes. Literally is amazing. And they do one for your pillow too. My beloved husband found them even my Oncologist hadn't heard of them.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Anything is worth a try when it's disrupting your sleep - did it help with any other symptoms ?
Highlighted

Hi Jill. I started noticing results really quite quickly like first couple of weeks. I wear it all the time day and night. When you read the reviews it is mixed depending on each person but I was prepared to try anything. Good luck.
Highlighted
Community Champion

I've just sent for magnet - how long did it take to work ?
Highlighted

Hi
Not sure what cbd oil is but I was recommended the lady care magnet for my leg cramps and it really helped. They aren't cheap though from boots or direct online but I was waking up in the night in agony and it certainly stopped that for me.
Highlighted

CBD oil.... anyone tried it???

I have awful joint pains on Tamoxifen so am looking at cbd oil, so much out there so would prefer to go on recommendations xxxx