CBD oil.... anyone tried it???

I have awful joint pains on Tamoxifen so am looking at cbd oil, so much out there so would prefer to go on recommendations xxxx

Hi
Not sure what cbd oil is but I was recommended the lady care magnet for my leg cramps and it really helped. They aren’t cheap though from boots or direct online but I was waking up in the night in agony and it certainly stopped that for me.

I’ve just sent for magnet - how long did it take to work ?

Hi Jill. I started noticing results really quite quickly like first couple of weeks. I wear it all the time day and night. When you read the reviews it is mixed depending on each person but I was prepared to try anything. Good luck.

Anything is worth a try when it’s disrupting your sleep - did it help with any other symptoms ?

completecareshop.co.uk/beds-and-bedding/mattress-toppers/cool-mattress-topper

Try this for hot flushes. Literally is amazing. And they do one for your pillow too. My beloved husband found them even my Oncologist hadn’t heard of them.

Think the pillow version would be good .

Is it ok to take cbd oil while on tamoxifen?

I took cbd oil all way through treatments, I’ve stoped for last 3 months and now having scans for poss bone mets … I’m taking I again and never stopping this time . Am on exemestane atm but also took with tamoxifen ??

1 Like

I think the jury’s out as there’s not enough research . found this post on the Ask the Nurses section but it’s regarding Anastrozole .forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Questions-about-anything-else/CBD-oil/m-p/1197430/highlight/true#M1665

1 Like

Hi Zena noticed you used cbd which one did you use and what dosage please ? Looking to try it for anxiety and low mood waiting for Rads
Thanks katy

1 Like

There are many misconceptions about the use of CBD oil and medical marijuana to treat cancer. I Googled many research papers which says that the use of CBD oils like this or other CBD oral medicine could be useful to overcome nausea symptoms like vomiting, anxiety, and depression etc. Similarly, many studies also confirm that the use of CBD is also very effective to overcome the side effects of chemotherapy and radiation. Yes, you can also include joint pains in it.

No doubt, the use of CBD could be useful to treat chronic and acute pains but the right dosage and suitable product also matter.  Sometimes, the patient uses high potency products and feels high. That’s why it is better to use low potency products even you can start from zero THC levels from here.

You can see other studies which tell the benefits of CBD against cancer symptoms like nausea, weight loss and low appetite.

1 Like

I think it’s pretty harmless. Why not?

1 Like

I haven’t personally tried CBD oil, but I love how you’re sharing valuable info about herbs and supplements. It’s essential to make informed choices, especially when it comes to our health. That database is a gem, giving evidence-based insights to avoid unwanted drug interactions. I even started thinking of getting some cannabis uk, which my friend recommended! Thanks for looking out for others!

1 Like