cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing time I take Letrozole.

8 REPLIES 8
Cumbrian Lady

Re: Changing time I take Letrozole.

Still going well on my time change - the evening dose seems to suit me better. I still get tired legs if I overexert but a short sit down and a drink of water or tea usually gets me moving again.
I am trying to lose some weight the Letrozole is not kind on the pounds especially around the middle.
I have promised myself some really jazzy patchwork dungarees😁 just need to eat less.

Poppy xx

Evie-S
Community Champion

@Kitkat23 - thank you so much for that reassurance, I am nervous about changing drugs so your message is really helpful. I’ll see if I can keep the same brand at least, I hadn’t thought of that. Really appreciate your kind words. Evie xx

Kitkat23

Hi Evie

i noticed you have said you are changing to an AI soon.  I was on tamoxifen for 2 years then moved to letrozole.... I found staying on the same brand I have been ok ie accord tamoxifen to accord letrozole.   It’s daunting moving onto a new drug so just to say that this worked for me....not sure if it would work for everyone. 
hope your transition goes well.

Evie-S
Community Champion

Hi Poppy - thanks for sharing your results, and I’m really glad it’s made a big improvement. I have always taken Tamoxifen in the evenings, but may be changing to an AI later this year so will definitely continue to take that in the evening too. Evie xx

Cumbrian Lady

@grannyp 

Hi I was really struggling my legs felt like wood and sometimes I felt they were struggling to even carry/support me it was depressing and getting to me making me feel weary all the time.
I had been taking early morning - but decided to go to evening time instead after all what was there to lose. I really did not expect the change A so quickly and B to be so positive I feel at the moment a 75% change for the better sure sometimes they still feel tired, but I sit down with a cuppa or something for about 30mins I can then resume what I was doing.
I have also lost that unsteady heavy feeling of my legs/feet that I had first thing in the morning, sometimes I felt clumsy as if I might fall down the stairs.
It has not affected my sleep or made any other symptoms become apparent.

I hope if you do change it works for you❤️

Poppy xx

grannyp

Hi @Cumbrian Lady Very interested to read this. I have been taking Anastrozole for 11 weeks & whilst I am coping reasonably well my legs are feeling heavy & weary. I am pushing myself to keep up with my usual exercise but at times it is hard! I have taken early in the morning so far, so wonder if perhaps I should try a change to the evening after hearing about your experience. 
I am seeing my oncologist tomorrow for my first check-up, so I will also mention it to her. 

Cumbrian Lady

I have been taking my Letrosole at 9.00 pm for almost a week and I can truthfully say what a difference.
Before when I was taking it in the morning it was getting impossible for me to move let alone do any work.
For reasons, I have no real idea why - things have changed.
Yes, I still get a little stiff and need to sit down more than I did before I started the treatment - but it is manageable. 
I thought taking it at night might affect my sleeping but NO that seems to be fine and no night sweats either.

I cannot say if this might work for anyone else, but for me, it was the right thing to do, I cannot even begin to explain how different I feel I was feeling so depressed about it all.
If things change I will post but please (and all crossed) I hope it can continue like this, this I can handle.

Poppy xx

Cumbrian Lady

I have taken my pill at 9.00 pm instead of 9.00 am I will let you know if I feel any significant changes.

Poppy xx

Cumbrian Lady

Changing time I take Letrozole.

I have been taking my letrozole tab in the morning been on them for about 4 months - I was originally on Accord this time it is Crescent.
Would it be safe to change to the evening I cannot manage the heaviness in my legs anymore I feel as if I am dragging a ship's anchor around with me? I am/was an active person - it is so depressing at the moment feeling like this.
I know changing to evening might affect my sleep - have to see - which is the lesser of two evils?

Poppy xx