Covid-19 vaccine

Dose anyone know or had the Covid-19 vaccine in their middle cycle of palbociclib, I have been called to have it when I’m in my second cycle, or do I need to wait till my rest week , week that I don’t have it the palbociclib maybe , I may need to contact my doctor and see .

Hi Camilleri

We have an updated FAQ re coronavirus vaccines here.

If you have further questions, your idea to contact your doctor is always a good idea - and you are welcome to call our breast care nurses on freephone 0808 800 6000 (Mon-Fri 9am-4pm; Sat 9am-1pm).

Sending our warmest wishes

Bernard

Hi Camilleri

im having my vaccine this Saturday,like you I am taking palbociclib will be on my 3rd week  of the cycle I have spoken to my oncology team because I had seen that some data were suggesting that it would be best to have on your rest week,but my oncology nurse has said it is ok to have at any point of your cycle ,and reassured me that this is the view of most oncology consultants-across the country.

It is a worrying time for us as most cancer patients were not trialed for the Pfizer and Oxford vaccine , not sure of immune response,but it is better to have some immunity than none and on that basis I will be having mine on Saturday.

take care Maisie xx