64329members
338694posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you have hot flushes?

Re: Do you have hot flushes?

I have the worst hot flushes....... I barely have to move or raise an eyebrow and I go pink and drip with sweat, it is quite embarrassing in public. I have been on Tamoxifen for nearly two years and take Venlafaxin to try to help with the flushes, but they don't seem to do too much. My Onc has said he is considering keeping me on Txfn for 10 years following the recent research, although he would consider changing it if the side effects were so bad.... Does everyone suffer this badly?

My hot flushes used to be really bad but they settled down and I hardly ever get them now (been on tamoxifen for nearly 5 years)

Hi penguin biscuits, yes they do vary brand to brand I have one at the moment that is not too bad but others I have loads of sweats on
Marie

My hot flushes are getting worse. Has anyone found a difference in the brands of tablets? I'm only on my second month and I've been given a different brand of tablets. I had Accord and now Sandoz. How have you found each of these brands. Thanks. PenguinB

Yes they started back with the tamoxifen. This is my second time on it and struggling .

Yes I have hot flushes. Not a nice experience

Do you have hot flushes?

Dear Everyone

It would be really great if you could take the time to complete the attached survey about how hot flushes during the treatment of breast cancer affects you.  Breast Cancer Care are helping the DoH with the collection of this data and also sit on the working group of the newly formed National Cancer Research Institute Breast Cancer Symptom Management Working Group (NCRI).

Here is the link.

http://surveys.breastcancercare.net/treatment-and-care-patients-hot-flushesnight-sweats-during-and-a...

The group  hope to analyse the results during December.

Best wshes

Anna