Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exemestane/Aromasin and Palbociclib/Ibrance

2 REPLIES 2
Blonde67

Re: Exemestane/Aromasin and Palbociclib/Ibrance

Morning 😊

Lovely to hear from you. Had given up hearing from anyone else so it is nice to know I’m not alone. Just finished my first cycle of Palbociclib and so far so good. I think by default I’m comparing this experience to what I was like when I went through my traditional chemo in 2014 which was much more gruelling so because I’m not suffering the same physical effects I’m just bearing up. I find I’m not good at eating in the morning. Don’t have nausea as such but just stick with liquids till later. Enjoying walking but I do sometimes feel a bit spaced out if I walk too near to taking my Palbociclib tablet. I hear you regarding the stress leading up to being clear about treatment, I had an awful time waiting for scans and results. Not good for anyone. Are you working or taking time off? I’ve been working up to know but just this week started to take time off. Feel it’s necessary to just allow my body to embrace the medication and hopefully start fixing itself. Just been on the phone to my gp which was good timing as needed to revisit my other medication. Had been prescribed sleeping tabs and diazepam for stress related ache around my neck and right side. Not keen to keep taking these kinds of tablets if they are not needed so she has suggested I use amitriptyline alongside paracetamol. Don’t know what it’s like for you but I get joint pain with the Aromasin in hands and feet which can keep me awake 😩 at times. Hopefully you will reach a point where you are clear about the impact. It’s such a rotten time for us all and it’s important we are kind to ourselves. My guilt pleasure just now is Grey’s Anatomy 🥰 thinking I’m going to be Chief of hospital material by the time I’ve got to the end 😜 Lovely catching up and keep me posted. Sending big hugs 🤗❤️ Xx

Lambkin36

Re: Exemestane/Aromasin and Palbociclib/Ibrance

Hello, I will be on this combination too, just started the Exemestane a few days ago and will recommence Palbociclib in a few days time. I’m feeling very tired but not sure if it’s a side effect or just the stress of the past few weeks. Are you finding you are lacking in energy? It’s ok in the morning but I’m wiped out by the afternoon.

🙂 xxx

Blonde67

Exemestane/Aromasin and Palbociclib/Ibrance

Just heard my treatment will be a combination of the above, both in tablet form.

Processing this news as really thought I’d be getting chemotherapy in the same way I did in 2014. Relieved that I’ve no hospital stays, no needles (other than bloods) and no hair loss worries but just wondering if anyone else getting same and/or any positive updates. 

Cheers 🥰