cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fever preventing hot flushes

2 REPLIES 2
Diagnosedat35

Re: Fever preventing hot flushes

Thanks Helena! Hopefully someone will reply soon - I'm sure I can't be the only one who has experienced this!

However, because most people don't get a fever, say, more than once or twice a year, it may be some time before anyone who has a) read the post and b) had hot flushes then c) gets an infection and then d) reports back!

Hot flushes are otherwise manageable though so I'm fine for advice/support 🙂 

Thanks again for taking the time to reply,

Abi  

HelenaR_BCC

Re: Fever preventing hot flushes

Hi  Diagnosedat35,

I'm sorry you haven't yet received a reply to your post - hopefully one of our lovely Forum members will be along soon.

In the meantime, you may want to post in the Ask Our Nurses section where you can get advice from our team of nurses, or if you prefer you can call our free Helpline 0808 800 6000.

Best wishes,

Helena

Diagnosedat35

Fever preventing hot flushes

Hi all,

I've been on tamoxifen for nearly 3 years now, after being diagnosed with breast cancer aged 35. I've suffered a lot with tamoxifen-induced hot flushes, but with various lifestyle changes and taking clonidine twice daily(50 micrograms in the morning and 75 micrograms in the evening) they are now more manageable. They are much less frequent, less intense, and don't last for as long as before. I still get 20 or more a day during  the 'peak oestrous' window of my menstrual cycle, but the week or so before my period and during my period I may only get one or two each day. Such a relief!

One thing I have noticed over the years is that if I get a fever, because of flu, a tummy bug or ear infection, etc, I get no more hot flushes for the rest of that menstrual cycle. This has happened four or five times now and I wondered if anyone else had experienced this phenomenon? I'd be really interested to hear from you if so!

Thanks,

Abi