HRT prior; Stage 1A/B; Age 56

Hello, I’d like to hear from members who were diagnosed with early BC, who were previously on HRT, no lymph node spread, please. 

What are you doing for treatment; did you opt out of HT; how are you now?

Thank you so much, new member trying to gather insight and experiences of others in the same situation. 

Frau 

Welcome to the forum Fraucassidy , I’ve not been in the same position but hopefully someone who has will comment soon . Best of luck with your treatment . Jill x

Hi  FrauCassidy, I was on HRT of varying types from mid-40’s until last November, so over 30 years-I’m now 77. Latterly on Oestragel, 1 pump a day, and had a progesterone Mirena could fitted a few years ago. Never had any problems, always had my mammo’s.   Had to stop ‘cold turkey’ after my BC diagnosis in September, which started as ‘small area of calcification’ showing up on an elective mammogram last August. That was followed by biopsy, which showed level 1 DCIS with 2 areas, 2mm and 10mm of cancer, so a lumpectomy removed that with clear margins. THEN I had 4 lymph nodes removed ‘to make sure’ it hadn’t spread and they were all clear.  I was given the Letrozole, but as the +and - for RX was so iffy I declined that. Now having various side effects, apart from the hot flushes and weight gain which I had hoped to avoid by taking the HRT! Pain in collar bone above left breast, leg pains, bloating tummy and cramps, constipation, etc.!  I always read that HRT protected against breast cancer! 

Hello Frau, again, 

I’ve just seen this post from you, I’ve already sent you a message. I’d like to add that I was on HRT for about 17 years, Prempak. I had stopped taking HRT 3 years before my diagnosis. Kx