Has anyone had hormone therapy before surgery? (neoadjuvent endocrine therapy I think!?)

Hi everyone. Just wanted to ask about people having hormone therapy as their first treatment before surgery please? How long did you do this for and how quickly did you start it? Did you have oncotype dx testing first? Sorry for all the questions! My mind is so full of so many things that I’d never heard of a few weeks ago and I’m trying to figure it all out in my brain!

Thank you 

xx

Hi Emci

I had Tamoxifen prescribed to me 6 weeks before my surgery due to a delay because of Covid in January.  I had to stop it a week before surgery due to an increased risk of blood clots.

After surgery my cancer turned out to be smaller than they had first expected and I thought that might have been due to the hormone therapy, or maybe not? 

I didn’t have Oncotype testing.  I think that is usually done after surgery when they get your pathology results.

Good luck with your surgery. xx

Hi Emci, 

I was diagnosed late January and started on tamoxifen straight away due to long #covid delays.  I have my lumpectomy booked finally for 21st April. Like others, I will stop taking it for a week before surgery.  Hoping to get radiotherapy and no further issues when they check my lymph nodes.  So far I’m stage 2  invasive ductal cancer. ER +/HER2 - / 26mm lump. 

Goodluck.