Ibandronic Acid treatment options

Hi

Following chemo, surgery and radiotherapy, I have spoken to my oncologist about future treatments.  He has informed me that I will need to take Anastrozole and a daily dose of Ibrandronic Acid. When I researched the side effects and method of taking Ibandronic Acid it put me into a bit of a gloom as I felt that I was coming to the end of the serious treatment and would be just taking a couple of tablets for a few years!  I can’t at the moment imagine following the strict regime of taking IA daily as I am not a morning person and will be returning to full time work. Reading other threads on the forum it seems that bisphonates can be administered as an infusion which I think would suit me much better.  However, I have been informed that this is not on offer in my NHS Trust.  I have a face to face appointment booked to see the oncologist (I have only spoken to him on the phone before) and feel I need to be armed with some facts.  Has anyone else had a similar experience and managed to agree a different, preferable treatment regime?

Hi

I take Ibandronic  acid and had the same thoughts as you!

There is a dose that you can take monthly, which I do, and seems to be ok. Ask your gp.

Sue xx