Induced menopause related anxiety

Hi all, I’m new to the forum! I posted in the nurse queries section and was advised to post here as well to see if I can find anyone in a similar situation to me or has had similar experiences…

I was diagnosed with hormone receptive breast cancer at the age of 32. Following surgery and chemo I was put on tamoxifen and zoladex. 

It’s now ten years down the line during which time I’ve suffered from increasing levels of anxiety. I’ve only recently put two and two together that many of the unpleasant symptoms I’m currently feeling (anxiety, low mood, fatigue, low libido) could well be down to the induced state of menopause that I’ve been in for the past ten years!

I’ve been back in touch with my breast care nurse who has triggered a review of my medication. As a result I was told to come off zoladex immediately, and once that is out of my system to consider stopping the tamoxifen.

My questions for the forum are:

Has anyone been on zoladex for as long as me?! I know most people are only prescribed it for five years…

Is there hope that I’ll feel better emotionally once the drugs are out of my system? I need some good news stories from people that have stabilized once their hormones are balanced again…

I’ve lived with anxiety for so long now and it’s become so limiting that life feels pretty miserable. I need to hear some hopeful stories that things can get better!

Thanks all :sparkling_heart:

Hello,

I really hope you have managed to get some answers to your questions… I hope you are feeling a little better now the drugs are coming out of your system. I’m afraid I can’t help with any answers as I’m at the point of discussion as to whether I should have Zoladex and then Letrozole or Tamoxifen. I’m 43 so pre-menopausal but with an oestrogen positive breast cancer. I do hope someone on here can help you.

take care and sending you lots of positive vibes x