Knowing how long on tamoxifen

Hi ladies 

At what point did you find out how long you are on tamoxifen for? I haven’t been discharged yet but don’t have any more appointments arranged & I realised I never asked how long I am taking it for. In my initial consultation the plan was for at least five years. Is it something that is decided later on? Are you supposed to receive a written care plan once active treatment ends? Feeling a bit lost!

many thanks  

Hello @AnnieV  

Thank you for your post and it is a question I was going to ask in a couple of months, as I will be due my 5 year (and final) check. Did you know that the tamoxifen results (ie you can see the benefits for staying on it for an additional 5 years) are on predict now? However, when I entered my details in predict it says there is “0% benefit” for staying on tamoxifen for an additional 5 years so I will discuss this at my surgical review. I am not really keen to switch to a different AI as there is a strong family history of osteoporosis and scoliosis. I would say that as you appear to no longer be under the care of your breast unit then ask your GP or maybe speak to the lovely nurses on here (number at top). I would be interested to hear what you are advised. Kind Regards. Michele x