Lavender

Hello friends. 
Quite by accident I learnt/read a little while ago that lavender may have estrogenic properties so may not be good for estrogen+ BC. I spoke to one of the nurses on here yesterday who wasn’t sure and she sent me the following from Sloane Kettering. This is part of it.

In laboratory studies, lavender showed very weak estrogenic and antiandrogenic activities, and it is unclear whether this would lead to any positive or negative effects with long-term oral or topical use.

I do drink herbal teas, some of which have lavender in them, albeit in small quantities. I’m not sure what constitutes “long term oral” in the above statement. Can anyone shed any light or know anything about lavender and estrogen. 

Many thanks. Stay safe all 

Frances xxx

Sorry, meant to say please. Couldn’t find an edit button.

I’m in Alberta, Canada.  I was given a list of various herbs that the body can interpret as estrogenic.  Lavender is right on it.  The oncological pharmacist I worked with seems to feel VERY STRONGLY to stay away from these components.  Again…choice is yours…just wanted to share.  (I was so sad to give up my lavender enhanced creams and soaps).