Leg pain with tamoxifen help

Morning all…uve just started on tamoxifen a week ago do im on day 8 now and last couple nights omg leg pain woke me up in the nite crampy legs pains in calves and thigh. Ive drank plenty fluids etc can anyone tell me the best psin killer i can take with tamoxifen or any remedies i can help with this. I thought i was having a dvt jumped outta bed put my surgical socks on frightened life outta me. Dont want to be running drs all the time tho so any suggestions app. Many thanks xx

Hello Lucaboo,

Flipping heck - what we have to put up with!!

I am not on Tamoxifen but I am on Anastrazole and whether it is Tamoxifen or an Aromotase Inhibitor, it can still have the same effect.  How I identified with your description of waking up with the crampy legs - can be so excrutiating.  It may reduce in time as your body gets used to the drug or you could always discuss with GP/Onco and see what they say.

If it is any help, I did not resort to pain killers to assist with this.  I noticed that the cramp type pains in legs (and also got these in my body) reduced considerably when I started taking 2 calcium with magnesium supplements per day rather than one.  I am no expert, but I think the magnesium element may have more of  a part to play with this rather than the calcium, with regard to muscular cramps.

By the way. pre breast cancer I would get these types of cramps now and again, especially after exercising even though very hydrated.  If I had a banana after exercising and remembered to take one of my supplements regularly then these very much reduced. 

Regards and hope it resolves x

Thankyou so much rabbit 28 i will wait then till my onco appointment . Good luck hope ur soon on the mend x