Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letrazole newbie!

12 REPLIES 12
angie123

Re: Letrazole newbie!

@AJAY wrote:

Hi Drummerswidow

I've been on Letrozole for 6 weeks with hair loss and joint ache although the joint ache isn't constant. Also have hot flushes.

I'm considering changing the brand or a completely different hormone tablet. 

The nurse told me the menopause symptoms will be more severe than my first menopause. I'm also fed up with it all and the hair thinning is a worry.

So, you're not alone 😘xx

Ajay

My oncologist recommended trying one brand for three months (unless the SE were not at all good) but definitely switching brand to see how that worked before trying a different treatment altogether.  I don't know if that lines up with what you have been told as the advice country wide seems to be so very different and it is hard to know what to do for the best.  I have only been taking letrozole for less than three weeks, so early days for me - but stiff joints and a bit of hair loss. Thinking of all the letrozole ladies xx

AJAY

Hi Drummerswidow

I've been on Letrozole for 6 weeks with hair loss and joint ache although the joint ache isn't constant. Also have hot flushes.

I'm considering changing the brand or a completely different hormone tablet. 

The nurse told me the menopause symptoms will be more severe than my first menopause. I'm also fed up with it all and the hair thinning is a worry.

So, you're not alone 😘xx

Aneeebel

angie123... I did go into an independent pharmacy whilst I was in town last week and asked if they could order the Accord brand for me! He was so helpful...said when I get my next prescription to nip in and ask for it, give them a couple of days and he should be able to get it for me! 

So that's good! 

Drummerswidow... Fab news that your rads went well but what a shame about the attitude of the staff! I wasn't too bad with regards to the travelling...literally takes 10 minutes max to get to our local hospital! Care for BC patients is shared between two hospitals but still only takes about 25 mins to get there! 

Have a lovely evening ladies x 💗🎀💪🏼

angie123

@Drummerswidow wrote:

Angie123

I use a local independent chemist. In fact it’s the one I rent a room from for my business. I’m going to have a word with him when I get my new script. 

Rads was okay. Left home at 12.30 and got home at 4pm. Think the journey is going to be the problem lol. They are not nice there though. I feel like a piece of meat on a conveyor belt 😟😟

I felt that there was zero compassion at the hospital I was at and I felt like a slab of meat as well.  Hugs to you xx

Drummerswidow

Angie123

I use a local independent chemist. In fact it’s the one I rent a room from for my business. I’m going to have a word with him when I get my new script. 

Rads was okay. Left home at 12.30 and got home at 4pm. Think the journey is going to be the problem lol. They are not nice there though. I feel like a piece of meat on a conveyor belt 😟😟

Drummerswidow

Thanks for the info Aneeebel. I’m on the Cipla brand. Looked it up and it’s as cheap as chips! My local Pharmacist is quite helpful so I may see if I can get another brand next time.m

Rads was okay and got a parking space! 

angie123

Aneeebel & Drummerswidow

i got Accord from hosp and spike to my friendly independent pharmacist. I would recommend them over big chains. He said no one can state the brand, but he said I need to check each time I collect & if it isn’t Accord to ask them to change it. That happened yesterday & they did. Accord is apparently one of the bigger manufacturers. As i haven’t had too many bad SE I’m sticking to Accord for at least 3 months. 

Aneeebel - so sorry to hear about your experience. Like you I didn’t have masses of menopause issues, so I’m bracing myself now...! 

Drummerswidow - how did rads go? 

😘

Aneeebel

Hi Drummerswidow

Ive been taking Letrozole for 10 weeks

For the first 4 weeks I was on the Accord brand and was relatively okay, a few aches and the occasional hot flush (I'd never suffered with anything during the menopause so it's a shock to the system) then changed to Dr Reddy brand and the pains in my feet were horrendous -I actually nearly cried! After much fuss and to do I managed to get another prescription from the kwaks and found a pharmacy who had the Accord brand in stock and the pains have subsided quite a bit...My hips and legs are achey and stiff but my feet are no where nearly as bad! 

I did ask my doctor to specify Accord brand on my prescription but he said there's no way of getting it on!!! And my local pharmacist was as much use as a chocolate fire guard when I asked about specific brands...virtually said You get what you're given!!! 🙄

Hope you feel better soon... Good luck with your rads! And finding a parking space! 🚗

Drummerswidow

Hi Angie 123

I haven’t offered a scan for bone density. Might contact the breast cancer nurses about that.

i’ve got hip aches and pains after sitting too long. Know what you mean about the tiredness! I’m waiting around to leave for rads. It’ll take about 50 minutes to get to the hospital and then I’ve got to get a parking space 🙄🙄

angie123

Hi Drummerswidow

Also a letrozole newbie!! I'm on day 17. I started a week or so after RT, and I had terrible skin side effects from that, which are only just starting to not get worse/heal! I was given different advice to anyone else (not to moisturise) which I did follow. 

Im still waiting for my bone scan, but I already have arthritis. 

So so far I’d say I’m stuff especially after sitting for a longer period. No more flushes than before. I’m tired anyway, so can’t tell if it’s made me worse! I’m paranoid about hair loss and think I’ve had some. 

I can can imagine how fed up you must be feeling. Feel free to send a private message if you want to chat more. 

All the best. 

A xx

Drummerswidow

Thanks for the advice Kathyx. I was given no advice re skin care for rads. Feel the same about advice for Letrazole although I have now spoken with my breast cancer nurse. I’m on Letrazole for about 7 years or maybe longer. It all just seems to be going on forever! 

kathyx

I was fortunate in not having any treatments that overlapped but I was also someone who had no side effects from radiotherapy, so don't assume that everybody does. Make sure your skin is scrupulously clean and clear from any products before treatment and keepwell hydrated, I feel both are more important than what creams you use afterwards.  

I'm sorry you have so much going on at the same time.

Drummerswidow

Letrazole newbie!

Hi All. I’m sure all this has been asked before.

I started Letrazole about 2 weeks ago. Having some hot flushes and terrible joint pain. I already have osteoarthritis, had both hips replaced, and a heart condition.  I can’t decide whether it’s chemo side effects which I finished just under four weeks ago, or The Letrazole. I start Radiotherapy tomorrow as well! How soon did everyone’s se kick in? I feel as if I’m going from one load of se’s to another! 

I know now I should be grateful I’m here and breathing but I’m really getting fed up with it all.