Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letrozole and Grapefruit

2 REPLIES 2
Julia Bletcher

Re: Letrozole and Grapefruit

Hi Wendy,

I've been taking letrozole for 2 and half years. I was told I may have bone and joint aches for the first 3 months, but it actually lasted about a year and then seemed to suddenly disappear. I also felt tired, but found that gradually increasing exercise helped. I still have to pace myself due to easily getting tired but it is partly dependent on if I have managed to get enough sleep despite hot flushes.

I hope that helps. Its not easy but hopefully if you can persevere you'll start feeling better. Take care.

WendyF

Re: Letrozole and Grapefruit

Thanks for flagging this. I am 4 days in to taking Letrozole and am completely wiped out and every bone in my body is aching. Is this a common side effect. 

Guest user
Not applicable

Letrozole and Grapefruit

Not sure if you are all aware but if taking Letrozole please do not eat or drink grapefruit juice (this might apply to other estrogen inhibiter drugs)
More info here

https://www.everydayhealth.com/columns/zimney-health-and-medical-news-you-can-use/breast-cancer-and-...

I love grapefruit juice and did drink a lot of it, so glad I found this out as NO one told me to stop drinking it.