330663posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letrozole and increased thirst

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Letrozole and increased thirst

I would knock a glass over in the night - I can just see it. Impressed your cat doesn't, though nor so impressed she helps herself! I carry a water bottle everywhere with me now. Could do with a special carry bag, bit like when I had a drain ... 😉

Hi Sue,

Would love to message you, but not sure how ... Have been in touch with the ME association, and they sent me an information leaflet, but was quite generic.

Jubelu

Community Champion

Hi Jubelu

I too am on letrozole and have ME. Wondered how you were coping with it? Feel free to PM me if you feel like sharing.

Sue xx

It's nightmare, glad I like water mind ha I always have water bottle nest to me in bed now can't have pint glass as learned my cat likes help himself at night hahah 

Yes, Daylightdancer, it seems contradictory to be so thirsty, drink so much and yet have a dry mouth. And also, obviously your body doesn't 'need' all that extra fluid, as it goes straight through...

At least I'm not alone but means I'm. Up and down needing a wee during the night and sounds daft dunno if you get what I mean I find difficult talk when got dry mouth xxx

Highlighted

At least it's a relief to know you're not alone,  Daylightdancer666! Parts of my mouth feel tender, too, almost as though it's recovering from being burned, which it isn't. But as Anniej says, at least our skin will look well-hydrated ...

Jubelu x

Thanks for another great tip, Anniej. Will look that spray up online. Must say that I had the worst pain so far in muscles and joints keeping me awake last night. Will try anything to see if it helps...

Yes yes finally someone else I get thirsty lot more in the night and dry mouth I agree lip balm helps xxx

Community Champion

I used them throughout rads. Not too strong a dose. Used Aveeno spray oil after bathing and showering. No need to rub in when you’re knackered . Just spray and leave, like an oven ready turkey. 🤪. X

Some good tips there, Anniej. Thank you. Would love to have a go at the more physical ones, but I have ME and just walking a short distance can land me in bed for days with debilitating fatigue and muscle pain. Trying to extrapolate what is caused by what at the moment is impossible. But the thirst is definitely new ... Good to be reminded about the Epsom salts ... Might leave until after radiotherapy, though, as I'm not sure whether the two mix well???

Community Champion

Lots of warm baths with Epsom salts, ibroprufin gel or tiger balm, massages, hot water bottles or heated gel pads BUT the very best advice..,,,TaiChi and Aqua aerobics!!!!!! TaiChi exercises muscles and releases natural pain killers,👍 and aqua in the warm water is LUSH 🤪   Onwards and upwards, Jubelu. 

Thanks, Anniej. Don't know whether to be pleased I'm 'normal', or fed up ... at least it's water and not chocolate ... And the lip balm tip, thank you for that, too. My lips do feel strange, not cracked and dry when I actually look at them or feel them, but of late, I have noticed they feel 'thirsty', too. I always have water by the bed, but have also noticed I'm drinking more during the night, too. And I can now only watch programmes that don't have advert breaks on iPlayer, as no loo breaks ... Now what yo do with these leg muscle aches ... 😊

Community Champion

What can I say? Welcome to the watery world of Letrozole 🥃It does appear to be a very common side effect. Carry a lip balm in your handbag, and get one of those lovely insulated water bottles to carry around. I can do up to two glasses of water during the night, and yes, it does come out the other end!! On the other hand, my beautician lady says my skin is 👍 I’m Worse in the summer when I’m sweating for 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 but I have a chill pillow to combat that. Also keeps the veins nice and plump for scans and bloods. Swings and roundabouts , Jubelou, swings and roundabouts. X

Letrozole and increased thirst

I've been taking letrozole for about six weeks and the past few days have been drinking so much water, but never feeling as though I can quench my thirst. Is this a side effect? And if so, does it settle?