cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letrozole by Manx

8 REPLIES 8
jacqu

Re: Letrozole by Manx

Feel I’m like a broken record on this subject of letrozole brands but here goes...

For anyone taking the Manx or Dr Reddy’s letrozole.

Following on from my “research”, I’ve since found out that ‘Manx’ and ‘Dr Reddy’s’ are distributors of the same letrozole pill...same ingredients, same imprints (H 5) and made by same pharmaceutical company in Malta. 

I’ve never been a difficult patient but I will stick up for myself if I’m ever fobbed off with brand replacements!

jacqu

Received a reply from Manx Healthcare to my email requesting info, they were very helpful. Manx said the letrozole they distribute is actually their own brand and they hold the license (PL14251/0083).

Solved Sherlock!

Cumbrian Lady

I understand where you are coming but I have only been on Letrozole for about 4 months but already I have had two different brands, when I asked about this I was told it was all down to what they can get (and cost) so you might put a lot of work in and then be back to square one - but good on you for wanting to know.
Before my diagnosis, I never really gave after treatment drugs a second thought, but boy the hormone tablets really take their toll one way or another - seems a little unfair and a high price to pay.

Poppy xx

jacqu

@Cumbrian Lady 

Thanks. I’ve sent an email to Manx. I believe it’s in our own interests to know what’s going into our bodies, particularly something that asks 5-10 years commitment from us.

Jacqu x

Cumbrian Lady

Then ask them I think they have to tell you (but not sure) but no harm in trying if you really want to know.
For myself, I find there is just too many other things to worry about but we are all different - good luck xx

Warwick Warwickshire CV34 5YA; Email: info@manxhealthcare.co.uk; Website: http://www.manxhealthcare.com; Phone: 01926 482511; Fax: 01926 498711 ...

jacqu

Hi

@Cumbrian Lady I had googled Manx, lots of info, particularly posts on cancer forums by ladies who’ve been given Manx. Still couldn’t find out the actual brand.

@Optimisticmz Blister pack has Manx Healthcare printed on it.

Now...

Up early to play detective, looking up each brand’s list of ingredients, it’s incredible the difference in fillers/coatings between brands. The Manx leaflet states it has “Povidone K-30” as an ingredient and the only other letrozole that has this listed in it’s ingredient list is “Sun Pharma”. Is Manx buying Sun Pharma letrozole then packaging the pills under the Manx name? Similar to a pack of paracetamol in the supermarket, same pill but cheaper to buy the Tesco/Sainsbury’s box than the more expensive branded paracetamol.

Don’t know if I’m twisting myself in knots for nothing, too much info! Perhaps I should just take the b****y pill and stop worrying!

Thanks

Jacqu xx

Optimisticmz

Hi Jacqu. I had similar recently with different medication and I found that the manufacturer's name was on the blister pack. Worth a look. Michele x

Cumbrian Lady

If you put Manx letrozole into the search bar on here - it should pull up other members questions and answers on this drug.
Hope this helps (failing that Google it).

Poppy xx

jacqu

Letrozole by Manx

Hi

Picked up my prescription for Letrozole at hospital pharmacy today- box has Manx Healthcare Ltd. on it only. The info leaflet inside states that Manx are a marketing company, the actual manufacturer of this pill is Pharmadox Healthcare in Malta. This means that I do not know which brand of letrozole I have been prescribed. It could be any of the several known letrozole brands but repackaged by Manx. The pills are dark yellow and round with the imprint of ‘H’ on one side and ‘5’ on other side.

I’m already anxious about being on this drug for five years and need to have confidence in what I’m taking, this won’t happen if I don’t even know which brand I’ve been prescribed. The pharmacy told me they only had Manx in stock so I had no option but to accept it.

Jacqu x