Letrozole vs. Anastrozole

Hello,

I am new here and just tripped upon this forum. I thought I was going crazy as two weeks to the day after starting Letrozole, I woke up feeling like I had the stomach flu, replete with hot and cold chills, extreme nausea so bad I couldnt go to work, and a splitting headache. I hadn’t seen this in the initial list of possible side effects and so this was an unhappy surprise seeing it here, though it did make me feel as though I wasnt losing my mind. I switched to this drug after being on Anastrozole for two months, which gave me extreme muscle pain, stinging hot flashes, fatigue and nightly charlie horses in my legs. At one point I couldn’t put weight on my right foot. I have to say this has been a daunting process as I have always been able to take side effects in stride. But this is really something. I admire all of you who have been able to do this, and your great attitudes. I am pretty tough but not feeling that way at the moment. I am really glad I found you all and look forward to learning from you.

Hi I was diagnosed in June last year with grade I ductal cancer! It was picked up on routine mammagram.i had a lumpectomy and lymph nodes removed all was clear.

I had 1 month radiotherapy I felt good after the radiotherapy then about 2 months  after I was started on Tomoxifen had terrible pelvis pain, so then put on Letrazol I then had dreadful joint pain ,so tried one more Extemestane still dreadful joint pain and stiffness very fatigued.

I am 66yrs old been told I need to stay on this for probably 10 years I dont know if I can do this but what is the alternitive.

Anyone got any advice I’m really fed up if always been very active.