cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letrozole

6 REPLIES 6
Pullman

Re: Letrozole

I've noticed everything is dry using letrozole: nails, hair, skin. I go through vats of body cream/lotion. I've used lip balm for years and years. In the winter, I can go through a tube in less than a week. Use a good brand (Burts Bees, Avon, Carmex medicated) and apply often. I mean really often like 2-3 times an hour. I probably use it 20-30 times a day.  I'd be lost without lip balm. 

Justjo

Hi Angel eyes, you are right about different manufacturering brands causing different side effects in people. It's trial and error finding which one suits you best. I have been taking letrozole for 2 months (previously on anastrozole which didn't suit me at all 😞) just picked up a prescription from Accord, hope it suits me as much as the Cipla brand has 🤞 xx

Scotdoll

Hi I have been on letrozole since July and am collecting side effects each week! Fed up with it now. Will see if I can swap to a different brand to see if that helps. Thanks for the suggestion. 

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello, 

Have you tried changing Letrozole brands?

I wonder if that would help? I know lots of ladies on this site have to try a few before they find the best one for them. The one with the most side effects seems to be Teva? I have the Accord brand, recommended by my local Boots chemist after I told him I did not want Teva. Different pharmacies stock different Letrozole but the larger chemist chains have more access to supplies. 

Hope this helps. 

Angel Eyes x

Slightly Lopsided

Hello redeemed36345

I'm sorry to hear you're having painful lips.

I've now been taking Letrozole for just  over 6 months and feel I have been quite lucky  to avoid major side effects so far .However, the one  thing I noticed fairly quickly after I started taking it was I had very dry lips.

I use a lot of lip salve-I always did in winter- but now make sure I apply it several times a day.I use  Vaseline  Lip Therapy and Burts Bees overnight lip treatment at night, and they seem to  help .

The other side effect I had (which I honestly haven't noticed) was my dentist commented that I had quite a dry mouth.Just in case the two go hand in hand, it might be worth mentioning to your dentist next time you have  a check up that you are now taking Letrozole. Mine gave me special toothpaste on prescription with extra fluoride.

I hope  it improves and good luck with your treatment😊   

Ruby2016

Hi,

I have been on Letrozole for over a year and my lips are definitely dryer. I use a lip balm on my lips before I go to bed at night and it definitely helps.  

Good luck with your treatment.

xxx

redeemed36345

Letrozole

I have been on Letrozole for 3 weeks. I have severe dry, cracked, peeling lips. It is very painful. Anyone else have this problem?