Letrozole

I’ve been taken this since dec 14 found first month was fine took with my antidepressant no problem . Second month got different brand then all hell broke out rash to lower part and upper part I’m back on cipla brand but still suffering from itchy spots hot flushes and general feeling not well . Also changed brand on antis thought this may have caused it had great day on Tuesday best I’ve felt for months but back to feeling unwell again. I’m so down I could cry my eyes out. I seem to itch worse at night with small red spots I thought they look like bites to me anyone else having this trouble thanks for reading xx

I am so sorry you are having such a horrible time. According to booklet my onc gave me skin rash is a less common side effect as is depression. Have you seen G P about the rash? One thing I have noticed is my G P takes me more seriously now since BC and if I have anything I’ m worried about I see her. I hardly saw GP  before and on the rare occasions I did felt they were a bit dismissive with me.  I do hope things get better for you. I have just started taking Letrozole taking Cipla and so far only had a slight headachy feeling and feeling bad tempered. All the best xx

Hi

I have exactly the same problem as you with the itchy rash and “bite like spots”  I do know I have problems with diff brands of the Letrozole.  Teva brand suits me best - just aching bones and rotting teeth weight gain but skin is not so sore with Teva.  My nurse practioner was going to prescribe me femara till she looked at the price of them and said that she wouldn’t be able to prescribe it without doctors permission.  I try not to see doctor as its a practice with several doctors and I feel I am just repeating things over and over to diff doctors.  I do take anti histamine to help with the itching.

I don’t know about other people but I have a really bad craving so sweet things, so much so I can miss a meal and eat chocolate instead.  (so would be interested if anyone else has this “side effect” )

I’ve been on it for nearly a year (April 14) & have felt like giving up, but then you hear about it coming back so keep persevering.  I went for a check up today & took a list of side effects with me:  aches & pains wake me up & limbs feel so heavy.  I’m Ok if I keep moving but if I stop it’s like artheritus.  I did wonder if the different makes affected me. I’ve felt better this month, back on original brand Accord.  Pharmacy don’t care they just say they give out what they get in.  I had 2 different makes in one prescription.  The nausea has gone this last month but I’ve started getting dizzy.  I start a different brand again tomorrow, not looking forward to that.  Some of the hot flushes start with a feeling of unease (don’t know what to do with myself), then a pain/ache in abdomen & by time hot flush comes on it’s a relief.  A general feeling of just not feeling well overall.  Hospital today said they’d move me onto Arimedex & are notifying GP.  Doc said there seem to be less side effects with it than Letrozole which they always try first.  I suspect it’s cheaper.  Doc reckoned I’d still have the aches & pains but they would go once I finish it in 5 years.

Hello all I’ve been on Letrozole since Sept last year …take it before bed so find side effects no longer affect me. I go to Slimming World and I’d lost 4 stone before i started on Letrozole and lost a further 1st 7lb since Sept. Do find i need to eat less food now I’m post menopause but that’s the same with many of my friends. Do feel a bit achy (lower back and hips) but excercise & moving seems to help it. Determined to get to a healthy body weight (another stone to go) and exercise more as that puts me in a better mind set x Take care all xx

Oh good grief I’m now in a right quandary, was going to plump for letrozole as gaining weight and thrombosis is a big worry for me. Now I read everyone’s experiences, i’m cracking up! I’ve got to decide which by Monday :frowning:

Hi Nenya
Here’s a link to the BCC ‘Menopausal symptoms’ fact sheet which you may find helpful :

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/sites/default/files/bcc18_menopausal_symptoms_web2014_0.pdf

Best wishes
Lucy BCC

Hi All!

I’ve had three months on Letrozole and am having not only tropical moments many times a day but intense chills when I’m not hot! During the chills my legs ache.

The chills are so bad in the morning I wait for a “hottie” so that I can get up. I am also doing “cold turkey” from HRT, which I had to take since the mid-nineties due to having a hysterectomy. It’s hard to tell really if the “cold turkey” effect is continuing through the Letrozole treatment, or whether the side effects I have are just Letrozole based. I take six clonidine a day, three 1000mg evening primrose and sage-not a great difference really, maybe cut the symptoms by 30%. Any tips for my type of situation would be most welcome.

I also find that when I have a “hottie” my scars hurt due to the sweat.

Help!

Have you tried benecol yoghurt or in drink form. The walking also should help. Good on you for starting, happy marching xxxxxx