Muscle pain in legs and tummy

Hi

I have been on tamoxifen for 6 weeks now and have a really heavy feeling in both my legs and hip pain. I asked the oncology nurse today for advice and she told me this was not a side effect to tamoxifen.  I also feel like my bladder is tender and having ovary discomfort. She tested my urine and said it was fine. She said she couldn’t help. I left the hospital feeling really confused like I was moaning for no reason. I have emailed my breast care nurse to see if she can help me as I’m worried about the symptoms.

Throughout this process I have been unimpressed by the way the hospital staff have treated  me.

any advice would be appreciated.

louise x

Louise, how very sad that no one is listening to you. What you are feeling is your reality, so I really think you need to pursue the matter. Put a call out on here to see if anyone else has these symptoms. Have you tried your GP? After all, not everything is cancer related, although the disease and the drugs are the first thing I blame when I’m not well. My joint pains turned out to be arthritis, and not the dreaded Letrozole, which I’d been blaming for months! Mind, I did have some episodes of trigger finger accompanied by sharp pains and that was definitely the drug. Testing the urine is only one bit, isn’t it. I think a thorough examination by your GP could be helpful, and at least you would have talked it over and eliminated possible sources of pain and discomfort . I think it’s quite natural to worry after what we’ve been through, but I can say, hand on heart that I’ve had kind and courteous support from the NHS, and have been treated with dignity. I’m sorry your experience is so different. X