NICE guidelines on Breast Cancer

It’s always good to have evidence to support decision making, In looking for evidence in the Tamoxifen- anastrazole- letraxole debate I found the new NICE. Guidelines ( july 2018) helpful. I was diagnosed in 2017 before the guidelines.
So in my recent 6 monthly appt I asked my consultant to run my parameters through the PREDICT tool, as quoted in NICE This shows how much benefit there is from 5 years hormone therapy, at 5 10 and 15 years after.
It shows overall survival and added survival rate for your parameters , with the hormone therapy. If the survival figures may not be your thing I’m sure the consultant could just type in and keep the screen to themselves and tell you the benefit. I was at a point where I wanted to ask and was ready to hear the results.

I was on Anastrazole for a year and switched to Letrazole 6 weeks ago. I needed to know what the benefit might be - think I will continue for now.
nice.org.uk/guidance/ng101/chapter/Recommendations#endocrine-therapy

I did the numbers myself and the improvement was 1/2/3 % at 5/10/15 years so, if I have much in the way of side effects, I think it unlikely I’ll carry on.

Thanks for posting that, Louise, very helpful.

Hi kathyx.
It’s such a personal decision, my numbers were 1,2 and 5%.

I agree if I were older I don’t think that I would be taking anastrazole but at 51 so far I feel that the few percent extra chance of survival is worth the side effects I have 3 grown up children and hope to see grandchildren and I also have a clingy husband ??. I’m HER2 so slightly greater risk of reoccurrence too