Nausea: zoladex, exemestane, forced menopause and anxiety

So I’m confused! I’ve been feeling nauseous and very anxious on and off for the past month. I’ve spoken to my GP and breast care nurse and the latter firmly believes this is because of the drugs pushing me further into the menopause. I just don’t know. I feel paranoid that it’s something more sinister.

<Empty imported post>

Yes the zoladex puts you in a post-menopausal state (stopping oestrogen productive and therefore periods), that’s why you get hot flashes, aches etc etc as side effects. Thanks for your reply. My oncologist isn’t very helpful, but I’m going to my GP tomorrow to try and sort it out. Xx

Hi there.
I’m wondering if you got any help from your GP, and what they suggested?

I’ve been on letrazole and zoladex since April 2018, and as well as aching joints I’m suffering anxiety and mild depression. Admittedly, I have a bit to worry about as my FIL needs to be moved to a care home, and I need to find a home for his poorly cat, or get it PTS and this is distressing enough, but I’m also lying awake worrying about other small things i’d normally shake off.

I’m having my ovaries removed at the end of Jan, do not sure if this will change anything. Currently just taking supplements for ‘menopause mood’, which help a little.

Thanks Appletree. The cat has skin cancer on his ears and a heart condition, plus is old, so surgery expensive and risky. Trying to keep him comfortable and find him a new home.

But mainly wanted to know if others have been given help for feeling low. My drug induced menopause is causing me problems. Sobbing in the shower and every morning as I walk the dog isn’t my usual ‘normal’. :frowning: