Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Charys
Community Champion

Re: Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

HIyer,

Lovely to see Lorac (Carol), Marydan and Clair joining us. You are very welcome hereI miss Magical Moon, she s not bee here for ages. DELLY!!!! ive just caught up with your enterprises of the last few days, absolutely blimmin hilarious, you are priceless, so so funny. Darning needles and the old sink LOLOLOL However, I need to report you for direct advertising of your businesses.........sppppammmmmmmm....... very very naughty. The reason I'm doing this is as revenge for calling me a poo mixer earlier down the thread. Whhhhahhhhhhhaaa

You know I can see why Rubcat thought they were earrings, there was no size reference and two were neatly side by side as a pair. Lesley, I can CROCHET with wire too, I found this out in a new book I got yesterday. I've got loads of wire from jewellery making and I'm gonna give it a go today I think, mind would it work as well as knitting ,......hmmmm. 

Janey, 'emotional change' you were referring to much lower down.....are you more concerned you are getting low?

Lesley21

Oh Delly, you're priceless, always make me laugh.  Haven't looked at the video yet but will do later.  With regard to Adcal - when I was prescribed Anastrozole I was also prescribed Calceos, which I believe is the same thing?  Was told it was because Anastrozole attacks bones and the calceos protects them.  Reading the bumpf that came with the calceos it states that if taken for longer than two weeks may cause tooth decay.  I'm assuming it's because you have to crunch them rather than swallow whole and they contain sugar.  Might be wrong (often am) as I'm on a break from the Anastrozole I'm also taking a break from the calceos, take enough pills as it is xx

delly

Dellys rubbing her hands together with all these extra customers - loadsa dosh. The porcelain sink has already been used up, but I found an old porcelain loo on a the tip today so I'm currently chiselling out some replacements from that. I'm sure no-one will notice a few stains.

Carol - I'll be using Edith in my future advertising campaign. Where or how on earth did you find such a video?? Just goes to show how you spend your time. Great stuff. Reminds me of a joke set of teeth I bought as a giggle for a recent hen night. Needless to say, nobody asked me to dance at the nightclub we went on to.

Poor you's with all your teeth breaking (I'm being serious now).

Rubycat - what hormone treatment are you taking ?? I'm interested that your taking Adcal.What was wrong with your hip?? 

I'm just trying to think it through. Of course, if you're oestrogen production is prevented by these hormone tabs, it's not just going to affect your bones - as also often happens with 'normal' menopausal women when their oestrogen production stops, and hence the increased risk of osteoporosis it's going to affect teeth as well isn't it, because they're bone too. So maybe the tabs DO have a lot to do with all these tooth probs you're all having. 

Janey - what are these houserules??

Lesley and all - my dental insurance scheme is called "Dellyplan" and only costs £1 a month. Am sending a bottle of the ladybird Tequila to numb your head. Keep it away from any open flames though - the Tequila not your head. Well, on second thoughts, that as well.

Loadsa love

Dellydentinedriller xxx

Lesley21

Forgot to say, glad hip X-ray was ok Rubycat xx

Charys
Community Champion

Hi all, a mistake. ...logged in on my phone and I can therefore only type a few sentences without losing the plot. I'll come back later lol just seen one thing regarding the hormone stuff coming out your system, well I've heard two things ftom people, one says 6 weeks and another says it can take as long to come out as you took it fir. ..but that makes no sense to me ?! I would say after 11 weeks I was heading to normality. The thing is ...it might not be still in you. ...but fir everything to normalise in terms of the delicate hormone system it can take quite a while
Lesley21

Good evening all. Just logged in, been busy most of the day finishing off wire decorations to attach to Christmas presents, or Rubycat earrings lol.  Seems you've all been busy, Delly setting up not one but two new enterprises.  Think I'll leave you to practice on the others first before I let you loose on me, though you did make me laugh, really laugh.  And Janey writing up house rules.  I hope they're strict ones and you enforce them, really, you don't need more stress at this time.  Really hope this throat thing sorts itself out.  Wonder if it is down to Anastrozole?  I've now done my 6 weeks off but can't quite bring myself to restart it yet.   Charys did say it takes longer than that to get it out of your system.  

Big hello to you Clair, Im Not always upbeat and funny, if you read the posts you'll see how much I whinge, so Marydan don't say sorry about your rabble as you call it, sounds like you're having a really bad time of it, just come on here and share with us.

Mild nagging headache all day but bearable, didn't need painkillers, so hoping the pills are starting to work.  One thing, they do make you sleep!  Keep waking up with flushes but I'm half awake and groggy then drop back off a couple of minutes after they stop and finding it difficult to get out of bed in the morning.  Will need to set the alarm for tomorrow as need to leave house by 8.30am  for ENT appointment.  That doesent sound early considering I used to have to leave for work at 7.15am but you soon get lazy xx

Cla46

Hi everyone,
I'm doing ok, very interesting to hear about your flu like symptoms Janey I'm feeling like that too and I've broken a tooth I just thought it was me!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one falling apart 😄 So Delly I'll definitely need your dentistry services too but I'll pass on the needles though 🙂
lv Clair xx
rubycat

I'm a numpty, I'm a numpty and proud of it Delly! Oh honestly, if only I had a brain I'd be so dangerous, can see the decorations were masquerading as earrings now, but they're still gorgeous. Cat Embarassed

Delly, your two businesses have excellent potential, I need appointments for both.  What is this with our teef - I've had two broken ones recently, thought taking the Adcal with its calcium would protect them a bit. Humph. Carol - just seen the Edith video, can't wait to look like her. Really made me laugh.

Well done dictator Janey - sounds as though it was really needed.

All these bugs and nasties had better be on their way - otherwise Delly will be rounding them up and using them in another creative venture.

Oooh, hip hip hooray, my hip x-ray came back as 'normal'.Cat Happy

Hello to all newbies, and hoping all can have peaceful sleep and better health soon. Cat Very Happyxxx

lorac170

Mega guffaw guffaw - have a wee look a this clip. One of Delly's former patients, love to all - Carol x

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=edith+out+of+still+game+photo&view=detail&mid=F4BD053CD8383191F...

delly

Janey - likely to be BOGTF. Until I'm better at it, the T could turn out to mean two or three due to the occasional slip of the drill.  (move over Mr Menkle - that the right spelling? You know, the German dentist who tortured) Didn't know you were having trouble with a lump in your throat? I could probably fix that for you too. xxx

P.s. Am I explaining the procedure correctly to Lesley ref bringing up the view of posts in another tab page whilst replying in the other??

Janey2

Guffaw guffaw guffaw you wonderful entrepreneur you 😂😂 sign me up. Do you do BOGOFs?! Xx
delly

Nov Birthday ????

How's Nov Bithday come up as a title for this thread? That's weird, cos it was from an email. Anyway.

Ladies - I'm setting up two new businesses at cut price prices. Needle Sticking - have just bought a shed load of darning needles cheap. These are 4 times thicker than acupuncture ones so therefore give 4 x more effective results. Have yet to order dressings to stem the extra bleeding tho'. The other is Dental Services. Have an assortment of power tools and drill bits (I don't mind a bit of dust). No need for injected anaesthetic, as I still have a few crates of out of date Tequilla, produced from crushed dead ladybirds only found on a certain persons windowsill in Macclesfield (aka as Treacle Town. No really, it is!) with a few dried up bees thrown in for extra spice. One shot numbs the head (great for you Lesley), two shots the whole body - full works.Effects last a week. You have a choice of music played through headphones (suggestions/requests for are welcomed) whilst I work away with the drills. Can only accept appointments at "Tooth hurty" ( did I hear a guffaw then?) and replacement teeth are made to bespoke requirements from an old porcelain sink found buried in the garden. Fixings with superglue. Demand is already proving popular, so appointments are booking up fast. I could have done with a bit more practice but the cheap costs outweigh the skills and I'll pick it up more as I go along. Send me a pm for bookings.

Hi Cla46, yeh they're all bonkers on here. I'm the only sane and sensible one. Are you doing okay?

Marydan - good to see you. Glad you're feeling better and calmer and that your Neurologist is keeping a close eye on you and taking good care.

Lotsa love

DoolallyincreasinglybonkersDelly xxx             

marydan

Hello to all you lovely ladies. Well its 5 weeks since my rads finished and the anxious/worried feeling has left about not having to go daily (crazy I know).

I had my neurolgy appointment on Monday and my lovely neurologist has said that I did indeed have my first relapse just at the same time as my lumpectomy was happening, I thought all nerves etc brought on a lapse but he says no definately ms relapse. I am back to myself again but he would like me to have a brain and spinal mri to check what stage ms is at. I thought after oncologist on 30th Nov I would be hospital free for a while but heyho has to be done.

I feel I am doing ok but backache which is really bad when I get out of bed but eases as day goes on is driving me mad, its the silly "what if" I keep beating myself up with and the sensible me knows it may be the ms or just bad back, I suppose the mri for the ms will pick anything else up or would it do you think?

Sorry for the rabble but on this note can I just say that when I get back to working after  the new year I truly hope I will be me again and the panicking will stop. Love to each and everyone of you and keep well xxxMary

Janey2

Hi Clair. Lovely to see you here too. A better day in soapland today. I embraced my inner dictator and wrote a house rules agreement, which has been signed by all! Still not ideal but hopefully will improve. I slept better and then went to see my lovely lovely GP who let me blub and confirmed she thinks lump in throat sensation and pain is either due to Anastrazole or the radiotherapy. She has given me some omeprazole (yay!! More tablets) and wants me to feed back in a couple of weeks also on my mood. Way back when you started this thread Charys you talked about how emotionally different the meds made you and I'm the same. She's confirmed there is a referral for genetics too in the pipeline... and breathe! On a positive note whilst I've used up all my Simply Health for dentist for this year, they have paid out £10 per radiotherapy session! Only by accident I found out they would.
Hope you're all ok today with all bugs on their way and headaches too xx
Cla46

Ladies I've just been scrolling through and your all such a fab lot and so funny 😄 it's great to have a thread that's light hearted with such fun banter. Lv Clair Xxx
Lesley21

Lesson to us all, in our next reincarnation train to be a dentist!  I pay into Denplan, costs me £35 a month, that's supposed to cover everything except things that need to go outside the dentist to be made, ie crowns, caps, dentures etc.  My dentist did temporary repairs and they lasted two weeks, I think that was deliberate, but then I'm cynical.

Hope lump In throat is nothing to worry about, but if you're like me, every thing is a sorry now.  Yes, let's hope 2017 is a better year for all of us.

Wishing you (and me) a hot flush/sweat free good nights sleep xx

Janey2

Thank you both. Lesley I can't imagine you are in anyway a heart sink patient. Made for a wry smile though as I'm off about a lump in the throat and worried they will think the same about me!! It's a GP practice I work with too. Felt sorry for the dentist today. Burst into tears when he said how much to do a "cheap" repair and going to try and keep temporary one till I'm back at work in January. I've known him 20+ years thank goodness. Lesley I hope the wine is shifting your head and you are soon through all these tests. I'm looking forward to a virtual glass with you all as Big Ben chimes on 31st and we get shot of 2016! Xx
Lesley21

Thanks again for the IT lesson  Delicious, but as I've just had a large glass of vino I'll leave it for  tonight.  As for tears running down your face, at my age the problem when I laugh is tears running down my legs!

Oh Janey, I do feel for you, all that drama at home, just what you dint need right now.

Had scan and on the way out radiographer said "you have got a follow up appointment haven't you ?" Now I'm worried, but after this BC marlarkey think I worry about every little thing, the latest is a sun damage brown spot that's been on my arm for years has suddenly got lumpy and itchy.  The thing is, Im scared to go back to the doctors in case they think I'm a "heart sink patient" (I know that phrase from my years as a Practice Manager) 

No Delly, Im Not at all arty like Charys but do like having a go.  Those decs are so simple and take about half an hour and keep me occupied, plus they do look nice attached to gifts wrapped in crepe paper, something homemade makes its special even if it is a bit amateurish, plus it amuses my friends as I'm so not a Lady Wot Makes Things lol xx

delly

Hope you get a good restful, recharging nights sleep tonight Janey xxx Thanks for the good laugh xxx

Janey2

You are indeed lovely Lesley, I went on the iPad and spotted your avatar. Actually on the subject of your, I have grammar police checked myself in last post and of course meant you're!
Don't know where I'd be without you lot today. Not a good day. Feeling exhausted after 3 nights of rubbish sleep and the soap opera ongoing at home. Not the calm environment I need or want at the moment. I've booked appt with doc tomorrow.
Thank you lovelies xx
delly

Yeh Yeh, I give you all a compliment and what do I get - cajoled, made fun of. Delly Belly indeed. Rotten lot. It's that  Charys again - she's doin some stirring this time.Then she carries on as normal "Lesley, those are so lovely . . . ." yerder yerder!! And you're no better Janey, joining in with the giggling and encouraging her. I'll come and stick some pins in you !!

Lesley - I'm soooo glad your head's feeling a bit better today. Hope it IS the tabs taking effect and the pain keeps diminishing. I too like the decs - very delicate craftwomanship. Must require a load of patience.

I'm working my way upwards towards the latest post and Rubycats joined too. Stupid girl - earrings !!  "I" knew they were Xmas decs. Why didn't you (flamin numpty).

Beth - welcome from me too. Be warned about some of the nasty women on here. Lesley's a good egg though. Hope you quell your cold in time and you sail through your rads without too many probs. You've got plenty of back up support, help and advice to call on with this Forum.  

Janey - how did you know to pre-empt me with a warning ref the "knockers". Hahahaha. I've got tears rolling down my cheeks from laughing. That's so classically comical. Oh, I've wetted all my keyboard now, I'll end up getting electricuted. Golly, I can't remember when I last laughed so much. Talk about wry, you lot crack me up.

Awwww, and now I've read luscious Lesley's last post - teeth, lungs and sinus, plus banging head back. No wonder your fed up flower. Hope the lung scans the same and you're signed off for that. When you click on and open up a post, click on the reply to button, then before you type any response in the response box, scroll down to the bottom of that box and a little bit further below the bottom line of the box, on the left, in purple pink lettering, is "view discussion in a pop up". Click on that and another page/window tab will appear at the very top of your screen, with Re Progesterone, assorted . . . and your Reply to Message tab to the left of it. If you click on the right tab, it lets you view all the posts to scroll up and down through. Then if you click on the left one, it takes you back to your reply box window.  So if whilst you're typing your reply post, you forget what's been said, just click back on the right tab to open up the post window again to refer to, then click back on the left reply window/tab to go back to your message where you left off. Failing that, if you still can't get it to work, I'm never gonna try to explain it again. I'm just gonna shoot myself !!!! !!!!

Well, I DO hope you've all enjoyed having a good laugh today at my, Delly Belly's expense.

Huh xxxx

Lesley21

Ps, Beth, I hope your cold is improving.  Dose yourself up with lemsip, rest and generally look after yourself.  You need to be well as possible for rads.  Luckily I had mine during the summer when there weren't so many colds, bugs etc going around.  Do stay in touch and let us know how you get on xx

Lesley21

Oh Janey, poor you with the teeth and the soap opera playing out at home.  I've have two teeth break recently, dentist quoted £300 EACH to fix, Im manageing to eat ok and not in any pain so going to leave them, haven't got that amount spare, if I had I'd go on holiday.

Spoke too soon re the headaches, thumping one again today so dosed up with strong painkillers as just off to have CT scan on lungs (found nodules about 2.5 years ago)  been having scans every 6 months, if they've haven't changed/grown this time consultant said won't need checking anymore, fingers crossed all ok, will have to wait two weeks for results.  See ENT doctor on Friday for results of sinus scan and find out if op needed on them, so fed up with hospitals, scans etc. 

Lovely sunny day here, hope sun is shining on all of you too. Xx

Janey2

Oh Lesley I still can't access your profile pic from my phone but the Bet Lynch comment had me chuckling! Hi Beth - hoping it is ok to take painkillers on Anastrazole, as I'm keeping manufacturers going!
Went to stay at a friend's last night to get away from stress and it did the trick. Just as well I couldn't eat all that lovely chocolate Rubycat, as I lost the back of a tooth and off to dentist shortly. I can't talk but I can type haha!! Oh and Beth when your done with rads we will all ring bells and knock knockers (Delly no, do not think that😂) for you! Xx
Lesley21

Ps, Rubycat, they're not earrings, Im Not Bet Lynch, lol, they're Christmas decorations.  Charys, they're about 2 inches by 2 inches, Sorry, I only do old money, never got my head round metric xx

Lesley21

Welcome Beth, Im sure the odd lemsip won't hurt you.  As (if you've  e been reading previous posts you'll know) I suffer with daily headaches plus migraines so have to regularly take strong pain killers and did do all through rads.

So with you on the ironing one pillowcase at a time if that's all you feel like doing Rubycat, after working all my adult life and having to cram everything in it's wonderful having the luxury of just thinking, oh, I leave that till tomorrow.

Charys, to add a photo - on the top on the post you're typing 9th symbol along is a picture symbol, (B  etc)  tap on that, you then have the option whether to select a photo from an album (though that won't work for me) or take a photo, as I use a iPad, I just select that, it takes a minute or 2 to upload unto the post.  If you use a laptop you can probably select from an album.  Somehow I got it to work with my pic of myself from album on iPad but since then it tries to upload EVERY photo, then says too much data!  Just play around with it, that's how I found out how to do it.  Still can't sort out how to save what I'm typing and scroll down and view previous posts despite Delicious Dellys instructions, keep losing what I've typed so given up xx

rubycat

Janey - herewith sending you Tuesday's supply of toblerone, topic and twix - 10 of each ok - or will you get Dellybelly too? That made me laugh so much Charys, brilliantCat LOL 

Hope Occ Health look after you Janey - I know how happy I am not working now, everything can take as long as it takes - if I just feel like ironing one pillowcase at a time, then I do - so much less stress Cat Very Happy Yeah, let's get on to 2017 pronto and get rid of this rubbish year.

Let's hope Lesley that your headaches are also consigned to the dustbin. Wow, those are beautiful earrings - you are well clever.

Hello Beth, always good to welcome newbies.  Not sure about tapoxifen, as I'm on anastyzole, but I have fresh lemon with honey in hot water for a cold, then take a paracetamol (other tablets are available).  Good luck with your rads - we're always lurking here with good advice. Cat Very Happyxxx

Charys
Community Champion

Oooo gosh Beth I'm not sure.....probably the best thing to do is ring the pharmacist, they can do a quick check for you. They aren't  listed on 'medications to avoid' section of the medication leaflet, but I would nt like to give you the wrong information, basic paracetamol is OK though.,

lesley those are so lovely, how large are they? I still don't know how you are adding pictures, there is no 'button' on my page to add a picture ?

Lesley21

Hi, Charys, Not sure if this had worked?  A pic of two knitted with wire Christmas decorations  I've just done to show you what they look like xx

Lesley21

image.jpg

@Charys wrote:

Hi there,

I still on a 6 week tamoxifen break, but it just doesn't feel my hormones are really stabilising...though side effects are mostly gone, period problems remain and low mood. I don't know if progesterone can be affected by tamoxifen and am wondering if that could be causing me problems....as surely my oestrogen would be rising by now after 5 weeks of not taking tamoxifen? 

Any though anyone.....

Beth123

Hi ladies 

do you mind if I ask you all a question? Apologies if this is the wrong thread 

I'm coming down with a cold, first one of the season boooo - can you take any kind of cold remedy whilst taking tamoxifen? Lemsip or Day & NighhtNurse kind of stuff? 

I'm trying to keep it together before rads start in a fortnight so if I can take something I will!

thanking you all. I do love reading all your posts every day - u do make me smile!

beth x

Lesley21

Hello lovely ladies, just been catching up on all your posts, the highlight of my day.  Delly, so nice to have  you back in the fold, and thanks for the heads up re the birds,  I didn't know about not feeding them in the summer,  I've taken note, I dont want the bird equivalent of Jamie Olivier knocking on my door accusing me of causing obesity in the bird world.   

Janey, the ex! It sounds like something from the Jeremy Kyle Show, Not that Ive ever watched it, nightmare!  Talking if nightmare, that cording sounds pretty grim Charus, hope it clears up soon.

Feeling pretty pleased, only mild headache yesterday and today, so Hoping those  amitripyline pills are starting to work, now all I need is an answer to the horrors of hot flushes every hour during the night.  No, no pins today Janey, acupuncture lady said to leave it a fortnight this time, only got 6 sessions in all so only 2 more to go.  Was thinking about paying privately but as it doesent seem to be helping with flushes and headaches not sure it's worth the  expenditure as I'm on a very tight budget not working.

Thanks for the compliment re my pic Delly, however, that pic was taken on my holiday last year when I was fit and well, this year I feel BC stress has taken its toll on me.  I'm sure you're all gorgeous, to me you are xx

Janey2

I'm not laughing I'm not laughing! Hope you get better soon. Ex wife didn't move in but has absolved herself of any responsibility. Never mind in scheme of things its usual nonsense.
Charys
Community Champion

I know what's the matter....

you have DELLY BELLY!!! 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley LOL
Charys
Community Champion

Awakening by Charys!!!!! Talk about starting rumours!!!! Lol Soooo, what's up with your dicky stomach then? 

flip Janey, that's an unexpected ...err....surprise having them both turn up with you ??? 

Yeah lesley looks slim and young doesn't she, I'll leave myself to your imagination.

delly

Yeh, Charys, I was a bit thrown by Janey's stepson and 'X' wife. All's been explained. Lesleys Avatar photo.

Janey, who's Kary?? You'll be leaking like sieve soon from your needle stciking. Glad you're feeling some benefit. You'll have to hum that song for me, can't bring it to mind.

Well, I intended to have a cup o' tea and go back to bed after my early awakening by Charys. But am still up, but now feeling decidedly rough with tummy, so me thinks I'll go have a lie down.

Dellypooped xxx (No not that type of pooped!!   

Janey2

Well I'm feeling floaty now and spoke with acupuncturist about lovely side effect, which seems to be banishing food cravings - maybe I will get to look like Cindy one day!
Probablems problems with partner's ex wife and their son. All very amicable until new husband this year and we are getting the brunt of the fallout. 50/50 residency became 100% last night. Hey ho 2016 eh, what a year?!
I am going to tidy out a cupboard Delly to refocus me and then the delights of an Occ Health call about return to work. Rubycat can you send a virtual choc or two that I won't eat because of acupuncture? Xx
Charys
Community Champion

Hhelllloooooey all, Rubycat.....two oncologists had apparently 'never seen it', they peered and announced it was 'probably nothing to worry about'. How often do we hear that happening on the forum ? I guess we are lucky to therefore have all these people here, a countrywide collective, so we can share those 'apparent' rarities. Mine is improving with lack of a bra and sideways stretching, so similar to your 'manipulation'.

Delllllllyyyyy, I'm fine, yes FAR too early indeed.....DH heading off for Germany ( third time in as many weeks) and up before dawn. So, nothing wrong at all. Oh, apparently my hormone blood test show non menopausal.....so that joy yet to come. Where's this picture....I can see no picture?

Right Janey, now I'm confused ......your partner's ex wife and her daughter, right ? Or your ex wife?

no Lesley today, so far, eaten by her greedy birds ? 

Janey2

Good morning my lovely virtual friends. Actually one of Loyd Cole (yep and the Commotions) songs was Brand New Friend! Is there a photo gallery somewhere?! I was hoping I could maintain the myth of being Cindy Crawford's double!
Oh thank goodness for a safe place to vent. No sleep two nights running. Last night down to 18 yr old step child and ex wife. At the moment I feel like running away and taking vow of silence somewhere!
Anyway good news is I think my skin is healing and also another go with acupuncture today, with added destressing. Lesley are you going to keep with it anyway, and go along today? Kary how are you doing? Look what you started with the bells!! Xx
delly

Lesley - I've just been looking at your photo, just out of interest. What a lovely looking woman you are :-)) And I'm pretty darn sure ALL the rest of you are too.

Janey - do the overflowing compliments count towards my 15 mins??

Hope you all have a better day. Love yers

Dellypoos xxx

delly

Charys flower - You'too are up early. Noticed you in another thread. How are you doing??

xxx

rubycat

Charys - just thought about your cording,which your onc had never seen before - I had something which I think was Mondor Cords (or is that from Lord of the Rings?), that my BCN also knew nothing about!!!  Was 2 ropey type cords running below treated boob for a couple of inches towards waist - I looked it up on Google and pushed the cords in, supposed to be a popping sound, didn't hear that, but after a few times of trying, they did disappear, and haven't reappeared.  Sorry if that's too much gruesome info.  Love n stuff. Cat Very Happyxxx

delly

Hey Leslie,with you on jigsaws. I used to love 'em. If I was ill as a kid, I was sent to my Granny Walkers. She and I spent hours on jigsaws. They're very much like computers - addictive. x
delly

Said in the style of Leslie Phillips in the old "Carry On" films (to those of you who remember) "Well Helloooooooo" cept without his smarminess.

What are you all like - I leave you for a few days and I come back to a load of loony gin drinking, doorbell ringers!!

Lesley - you're the one to blame for it all!! Cording is normally to do with scarring and the lymph vessels shrinking sfter the lymph nodes have been removed, or so I was lead to believe following mine.

Well I've pm'd and reported into to JuicyJaney with all my excuses for my absence and been officially excused. but only if I do my 15 mins of chores on a daily basis. Janey - who's Kary ??? And remind me who Lloyd Cole is. Was that with And The Commotions?? If so remind me of anything they did. Given I'm a born in 59 babe, so remember my disco era days were from 1973 upwards.  

Lesley - what a gawd awful daily thing your intense headaches must be to have to put up with. I do hope the acupuncture and Amitriptyline work some magic for you.Is the underarm lump under your affected side?

Charys - i too am glad to hear you had a sympathetic ear ref your Tamox experience. I still can't help thinking that you may now be suffering actual menopausal changes with ref to your as yet unstable periods. Please enlighten me on what is meant by "hormonal psychosis" ?? I'm still with you on the Tamox versus non. Remind me again of your age lovey?? And I have never heard of cording to the torso either but I've just checked out the BCC info and it mentions it, but not what to do about it. I had it in both my arms following masts and ANC, but sorted with persisting with repeated stretching exercises from the onco physio. I was under the impression that it was very much to do with the lymph vessels tightening, once they have been made redundant following lmph node removal. Have you been given some exercises for it??  If not, and I'm hoping they haven't just left you to cope with it on your own, I would ask for and to see a physio through your onco team. Hope you're feeling better each day flower. By politics - are you meaning the American presidency? I'm opening myself up to allsorts of danger in saying that I could never trust anyone who looks like Trump. Has no-one ever told him to sort his physical image. Just goes to show you how superficial I am, and how much I/we place on physical image. Sorry to any supporters.

RaunchyRuby - Hahaha, I had to giggle at your ref to your "MindLESSness"! course. Comical

Sue - I'm offering my services for needle sticking. Payment in keeping with this thread is GIN ! Better to pay me after treatment tho, otherwise I take no responsibilty for where the needles end up. Have you yet had your meds sorted yet?

Sorry this is turning into such a log rambling response, but I'm catching up as I go and you're all so prolific in your postings.

Rememberance Sunday passed me by this year. Did respect the silence on Thurs tho'. Brought back memories of last year, when I took a very dear friend out for a day in Liverpool, following attending her husbands funeral the day before. I wanted to give her something more than a bunch of flowers. She doesn't drive (her hubby was the driver) and she's interested in artyfarty stuff like me. Took her into Liverpool to look at the RC cathedral. A first for both of us - beautiful building, and the sun was out to pick up the stain glass. It was remembrance day, not Sunday. I walked around in tears, because it brought up my family loss, but was such a cathartic experience. We then went on to the Walker gallery for some uplifting, art wise.

Lesley, ref birdies - I was warned off feeding them in the Summer, as there's plenty of natural food fodder for them and they otherwise over feed, and become overweight! And to just feed them in the Winter, when their natural food source becomes scarce and they also need fat. Would hate to think your contributing to an overweight birdie population that then become like many humans and have to be put on a diet. (am joking!).

David Attenborough - so well deserving of his knighthood. What an amazing guy, and what an amazing life. How old is he now? 90 or getting on for?

Am going now. Sending you all lotsa love and special Delly hugs

Dellywellydoodah xxxx  

Lesley21

Oh yes, Planet Earth, amazing, and David Attenborough is one person I would add to my dream dinner part guest list.

Our birds seem to feed all year long so it's weekly job filling up the feeders sometimes twice weekly during winter, guess they just must be greedy birds round here.  Love watching them feed though, one of my indulgences since stopping working, having the time to just sit back with a coffee for ages, so relaxing.

Ill give the lime and cucumber a try Janey.  So sorry about the flushes it's poop isn't it.  The husband has been deported to the spare room since I've come off hrt because I'm the same, window wide open, duvet thrown off every hour.  Only had a sheet and a cotton throw on the bed until about three weeks ago.  He's on warfarin so feels the cold now.

I miss Bake Off too.  I'm not a telly addict but there are a few programmes I love to watch, Strictly, Im a celeb and I do enjoy a good drama.

Its a wet and miserable day here so I'm going to indulge my self this afternoon having been a good girl this morning housework wise, Knitting and may even crack open my new jigsaw, I know how to live it up! Xx

Janey2

A good reminder Charys to put the bird feeders out again. They're living on windfall apples at the moment. Last night's Planet Earth was stunning and the "how it was filmed" even more so. Xx
Charys
Community Champion

No sorry Lesley, I don't watch either of those, actually I tend to only watch one t.v. Programme a week.......it WAS bake off and now it's planet Earth. Those Ibex....flippin heck that was making me go to jelly!!! On an animal theme, I've noticed today some birds returning to the feeders...starting their winter visits. X

Janey2

Welcome to the Gin club Lesley! Now add cucumber or lime - yum!
Well it's 3.25 am and I think I'm over the worst of rads but peaking with Anastrazole 😩 Feeling very glad for the acupuncture, as at least the flushes are shorter and less intense but almost every half hour today and a bad night's sleep. I've decamped to the spare bed and wide open window! That said a really lovely day.
I haven't ever seen I'm a Celebrity but a fan of Strictly and now Planet Earth Ii. I'm looking forward to getting out more to gigs (not a word I'm allowed to use in front of my daughter!) and have booked to see Lloyd Cole in March, if anyone remembers him?
Xx
rubycat

Hello again, I've had a lovely afternoon at cathedral - luckily my inexpert needlework was not really needed, so just fetched and carried stuff, but have come home with a pincushion heart to do myself.  Was quite special there today, with lots of smart military people around.  The 100 hearts exhibition is travelling round the country, and is well worth a look at if you get a chance.  Yes, I'm now hooked on Strictly, and had forgotten it was Celeb time again, so that's my evening sorted - you're not on your own Lesley. Bottoms up everyone. Cat Very Happyxxx

Lesley21

Janey, I've just had my first gin & tonic, Im hooked, so refreshing.  Only had a splash with lots  of ice, slice of lemon and topped up with lots of tonic.  Sipped it while cooking late lunch/early dinner, only thing was I hadn't finished it when meal was ready and it didn't go well with food, definitely aa aperitife.   Hope you enjoyed your roast.

Looking forward to Strictly and the start of Im a celeb tonight.  Anyone else a fan or am I on my own? Xx