352719posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Highlighted

Re: Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Just popped back whilst having a slurp of fortifying Shiraz - my first drink in a few weeks! Well it is Xmas Day night after all.

BethyBoo and Ann - thank you too for your messages.

You're all so very sweet and thoughtful to keep me company, just as you all did the same last year. Had a hunch you might do this one too, so a huge "Thanks" everybody - you've all made my day that much more enjoyable Heart Heart Heart

Awwww to your Dad Ann, 91, bless, and hope you've had an enjoyable day. After specially buying a radio times, to check what's on tv, I haven't even looked at it, and have had the radio on all day. So Drat - bloomin missed Strictly. Smiley Frustrated Ah well, never mind. Was it good girls??

Bethy - I chuckled at DellyWelly - sweet. I've had other thoughts added on to my last. My minds been running riot with the prospescts for the Not-So-Fast Ruby Gin Co. (Good name for it too, d'ya think?). We'd have to pay said woman royalties, for the use of her username, but I'm pretty sure once she's tasted it, she'd settle for payment in bottles per ? To begin with, we employ Clair and Dizzy to harvest the fruit from the Dorset cliffs, as they're nearest to. Any of the others, who are free and wish to be involved, can drive the produce lorries up to our, initially small, liquor plant. Once we get it up and running more, we employ the big gardeners of the group, the likes of Janey, Helena and Dizzy, to then dig up their gardens and fully replant with the Not-so-fast bushes to cultivate and nurture, and rope them and the rest in as a co-operative, to harvest, prick berries, shake the bottles, seive and rebottle, stick the labels on, do the delivery runs, promote it to the world (probably you) - and Delly and Beth are your Aunties (as oppo to Bob being your Uncle) - Simples. But, I still bags being taster, or I'm not playing! Capische BethyBoos?!!

I'll leave you all to ponder and dream on.

Thanks again, flowers. Nitey nitey xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 

Highlighted

Dellywelly

i think we may struggle selling our sloe gin as we’d have to taste EVERY bottle before it went out! I must say, I am enjoying my new found tipple and it is going down a treat. Not going to help the old diet thing though I fear (not to mention the huuuuuuge chrimbo dinner 🥘 and copious numbers of quality street) so back on it after Boxing Day. We’re off to see the new Star Wars film tomorrow afternoon just in case I’m too sore to do much after Wednesday. 

I hope you've had a good day lovely lady and I’m glad you’ve been able to keep entertained with us lot on here. 

Back to my gin now lol xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Special Xmas wishes to you Delly & hope today is ok for you 🎄🥂
We’ve just finished clearing up after having my parents over & YS. My father’s 91 now, mobility not great, but he’s now back home in his comfy chair watching Strictly, so that’s a relief!
Happy Xmas everyone & 💖 to you all
ann xxx
Highlighted

Thank You for your special message, Charys darlin - and yes, thanks to you lovely lot I'm connected to through the ether, and a couple of good friends who've phoned, I am not feeling so alone. It all helps tremendously to redirect my mind away from the poignancy of Xmas for me, it being a painful reminder of family lost, when it's all very much about family. But at the same time, I'm always cheered and gladdened to read and hear of good happy family times being had by others. Just well fed up that none of you took me up for adoption tho'. Did someone tip you all off I wonder??!

BethyBoos - Keep trialing that Sloe gin, girl. If it's as effective as you say for quelling hot flushes, I think you and I ought to go into the production business together - you have the business acumen and skills, I have the tasting skills (yehhh, hic!). We'll easily sell a couple of hundred bottles with just this lot on here alone!! You know what a boozy lot they are, especially that LesleyLush woman. And the number of times Janey's mentioned reaching for a gin and tonic!!

xxxxxxx   

Highlighted

Merry Christmas fluffies!

hope you’ve all had a good day so far. It’s wet and really windy here so no afternoon walk here either. 

Hubby and pooch are fed and watered, the washing up has been done and I’m now on the sofa with a glass of wine and I’m not moving until bedtime!

xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

So Jill wins the prize for the first on here, on Christmas day. I wish each and every one of you, of which we are many now, a fantastic day - thinking particularly of anyone reading who is alone for Christmas. Its a hard time of the year for anyone who is isolated, and although I believe none of you are, some may be reading this who are. (Delly I think you might be on your own, so sending very special love your way) May the day and year ahead bring all that you wish for. xxx

Highlighted

Lady Helena,
Yes, your sauce sounded very yummy. I'm very upset though. No, not because you've refused my self invitation. Why then? Because, there's poor Rudolph, out working sooo hard last night and all hours and what thanks does he get? - Gets put in a pot with shallots, mushrooms and juniper berries and braised in red wine !! You heartless woman you ! xxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Delly

I am and have made my own sauce to go with it, I am afraid there is only enough for two xxx

Highlighted

Ooooops - there you are Zoe. Just missed your post. Have a fandabidozeee day, sweetie. You feeling any better? Hope so. Give Gloweee a kiss, or gentle polish from me. xxxx
Highlighted

Thanks WonderFluffs,

Merry Christmas Day to all of you too. Have a lovely lovely day everyone.

Helena, did I read somewhere - you're cooking venison?? Right, I'm in the car now !!! Can be there in an hour, as the road's are sooo quiet. 

Hope you're having or have had a good journey Janey, and your feeling better from your nasty lurgey. Goes for the rest of you too who've not been well.  

The sun's just come out here and the sky's clearing. Just had a chat with bessie, Karen, to wish each other Merry Xmas and thank her for the cute but torturing cat calendar and pack of yummy mini Florentines (Not too sweet so suit my not so sweet tooth. Have eaten four already - yum num num). Her Mum's staying with her who has dementia, keeps repeating herself (bless), so asked Karen to remember me to her several times!!!

Chicken and roasted Mediterranean vegetables for me.    

Loadsa love to everyone

DingDongDelly xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Dizzy

That sounds a great idea, it is wet and windy here now, so sat in front of the fire trying to work out one of the two cross stitch presents I have had xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Lesley

Have a wonderful day xxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Zoe

And to you my darling, have a wonderful day xxxx

Highlighted

Merry Christmas to the most important ladies in my life.
May you all have a peaceful day filled with love.
😘❤️☃️🎅🏻🎄💕 xxxxxxxx
Highlighted

Merry Christmas Christmas to all gorgeous Willows, now too many to name all individually, I have to cook dinner remember.  Lots of love to each and every one of you.  Enjoy your day xx

Highlighted

It's grey, wet and windy here, so no Christmas morning walk on the beach this year. A good excuse to stay tucked up in the warm with Christmas carols playing in the background....

Highlighted
Community Champion

Merry Christmas all you lovely fluffies have a wonderful day. It is bright sunny and windy here today.

Love to you all

Helena xxxx

christmas day.jpg

Highlighted

Happy Christmas everyone, I hope you all have a very special day.

xxxx

Highlighted

Happy Christmas fluffies everywhere 😘love and hugs xxxxxx
Highlighted

Happy happy fluffy Christmas to you all. Loads of love xxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Happy Christmas ladies !
Highlighted
Community Champion

Evening Willows

Been struggling for the last few hours to get on here, it kept timing me out for some strange reason and giving very odd messages.

Hope you are all now nice and settled with everything done ready for tomorrow.

Sending you all love and hugs for a wonderful day

Helena xxxx

Highlighted

Well you gorgeous glorious fluffy friends, you’ve got me feeling very warm, fuzzy and emotional with the lovely messages. You are all fabulous and thank you for being there. Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas. 🎄❤️ Much love xxx
Highlighted

Delly, there's too many of us to namecheck everyone, collectively we're Fluffies. Or Willows, or you lovely lot...

Beth, I have a bottle of damson gin my mother gave me, and  it's being used for everything this Christmas. The trifle, the mince pies, possibly even a slug on the pudding tomorrow. The only thing I haven't done so far is to drink any. I'm still dosing up on hot lemon and honey,  with a slug of whisky in at bedtime.

Lesley, love the scales, but i think it'll take a miracle to rescue me from disgrace after Christmas.

Janey, hope the dreaded lurgy has improved ready for the drive and the family reunion  tomorrow.

Highlighted

Sorry Dizz - had to go back and edit my previous post. Forgot 3 xxx's for you x
Highlighted

Happy Christmas Eve to all you wonderful gorgeous supportive Willows, with love and thanks from the Lush xx

BF694668-CD48-40E9-A5C0-3548BDD18926.jpeg

Highlighted

I can't say it any better than you all have already. Just a heartfelt thanks for all the times you were there, with a hug, a cartoon or an offer of the big girl pants. You get it when no one else does, so here's a toast to us all. Happy Christmas to all you wonderful people, may your day be merry and bright!

Highlighted

Ohhhh Rubes - You are naughty. Either of the two white ones could have been my beloved Chloe. Had thoughts to get one before Xmas last week, but reasons not to kicked in again. Stop it, you little minx you Smiley Frustrated Hope you're okay xxx

BethyBoos - That's a great pic. Well fancy that with the Not so Fast Gin. Did you make it yourself?? My Mum always had a couple of bottles brewing in the airing cupboard, ready for Xmas. We'd go on an Autumn Sloe picking walk, along the Dorset cliffs, from Studland on the way to Swanage (Clairee/Dizzy, take note, lots of Sloe trees).Lots of recipes on line for. The bottles had to be shaken regularly to stir up the fruit and keep the juice seeping, which I often did, taking a sneeky taste at the same time, of course. Produced a beautiful rich ruby coloured, fruity and powerful liquer, with none of the bitterness of gin at all. Great for opening pressies to. Soooo, mmMMmm, an antidote to Tamoxifen flushes and probably menopausal ones as well. I'll have to give it a try. Praps it needs to be on prescription !! Hope your feeling better Beth, have a great festive break. xxx

Yey to you Clairee - Hope your boob's still settling down nicely and you're chillaxing after a tough time at school, along with everything else BC related you've been having to cope with. xxx

Janey - I hope you're now a bit better for your journey tomorrow? At least the roads are always clearer of traffic for travelling on Xmas Day - safe journey to you xxx

DarlinDizzy - Hope you're feeling better too and LusciousLesley - hope you fended off the nasty germs sneezed out by that friend of your hubbys and have a head pain free break. xxx

I'm sat munching on a chicken leg, having quite a nice evening on my tod, just revisiting and posting on previous threads I've been on. Reading and catching up on how people are doing. Quite therapeutic for me really, as oppo to watching tv.

Hope all of you and all of those I haven't mentioned have a wonderful Xmas Day tomorrow

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx     

Highlighted

And just for you Beth lots of love xxxx image.jpeg

Highlighted

I too want to say a huge thank you from the bottom of my heart to each and everyone of you that has helped me along this journey ❤️ I really wouldn't be where I am now without all of your support and advice, love and laughter.

Have a wonderful Christmas much love and huge hugs Clair xxxx image.gif

Highlighted
Community Champion

OOoooo its all getting very teary and emotional in here LOL What a bunch you are - amazing !!!

".....that things will get better, things will improve and despite the darkest days, a newer version of our old self will materialise.....we just need to be patient."

Wise words Beth !

Those jingle balls Woman LOL

Highlighted
Community Champion

Beth

Nadolig Llawen

What would we have done without each other and how could we do without each other, this is one awesome forum and group.

I know I too could not have done what I have without the fabulous support of all of you, I have been able to be myself without fear on here, knowing that I have you all in my pocket is that the best thing ever.

Helena xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Ruby

As always they are gorgeous xxx

Highlighted

Merry Christmas everyone! Nadolig Llawen! 

I hope you all have a fantastic few days, no matter what you’re doing, and no matter who you’re with. Eat drink and be merry, and most of all, enjoy yourselves. 

As as others have said, thank you so much for all your support, advice, patience and friendship this year. Look how far we have all come and even though some days it feels the opposite, we really all have come such a long way. This thread and all you fluffies, are a beacon of hope to all those newly diagnosed........that things will get better, things will improve and despite the darkest days, a newer version of our old self will materialise.....we just need to be patient. You have all helped me more than you can ever imagine and I will be forever grateful 💕

I have discovered Sloe Gin this Christmas and it doesn’t give me flushes, unlike all other alcohol since I’ve been on the old tamoxifen! So I am going to have a gin filled few days and enjoy Christmas with my amazing hubby and of course wee Mac.

Merry Christmas to you all

love you all loads

xxx

8CC626F5-08AF-457B-9649-7F3A664EA955.jpeg

Highlighted

Thank you Delly, for such a big laugh. 

A HAPPY and HEALTHY CHRISTMAS to all you lovely lot of fluffies in fluffydom.  Just to echo the sentiments already expressed here, but thank you to each and every one of you for always being there. You have lifted me up, made me laugh, smile, informed me and made me  think.  Love to you all. Cat Tongue xxx

Go on Delly, they are cute, how could you resist????xx

Image result for funny cat happy christmas gif
Highlighted

Carolyn and Ann - lovely to see you.

To continue with the reindeer theme :-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qota928VTXw&list=RDQota928VTXw&t=17 

and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3OQJt_lly8&feature=youtu.be.  I've never seen such a set of lovely mens legs either !!

xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Indeed it is, Charys!

Loads of love to you all, have a fab xmas🎅🎄💝💝💝

ann xxx

6F8CFABF-619A-471C-A2CB-ADE1B8AD7319.gif

Highlighted
Community Champion

Dellywellydingdong

A heartfelt Happy Christmas and all my love and best wishes for 2018 you lovely lady

Helena xxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Over70

Hellooooo and a very very Happy Christmas to you as well. hope you are doing well

Helena xxxx

Highlighted

Morning Dear Friends

Charys - Ohhhh, your reindeer !! How bloomin comically wonderful. I woke up low, groggy and with a headache after 11 hrs sleep last night (probably from too much sleep, ha!), had a few mugs of tea, put Steve Wright on and thought - I'll just have a quick pop on here to see who's around. What an instant uplift - that's soooo cheered me up darlin girl, Priceless. Thank so much you for it - Heeee. Have sent it on to some friends.

Over70 - Helloooooo, to youhoo. I return your Happy Xmas wishes and thanks to you too. Now go stuff that turkey woman!!

Helena - You lovely woman, thank you to you too.

Whilst we're on the subject, I'm sending my own message to you all. I think the world of you all, you're all very dear to my heart. Have been a massive help, support and cheer in many a dark hour, and I can't thank you enough for it. My heartfelt thanks. So there. Oooooo, has got me all choked up now.

Wishing you all, and everybody popping in on here, a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2018, with continued good health but the strength to overcome any ill should it arise.

Loadsa love always

DellyDingDong xxxxxxxxxxxxx 

Highlighted

Cute_Santa_Claus_with_Gift_PNG_Clipart.jpgand here is the big fella getting ready for the busiest night of his year ..hope he has some lovely gifts for everyone ..

Including good health xxxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Oh oh oh He's on his way, he has just got to Fiji

santa.jpg

Highlighted
Community Champion

Charys

Oh my lovely friend you have just had me in fits of laughter and then tears. Laughter at rudolph dancing and tears of joy because thinking back to this time last year and how very different a Christmas we are having this year.

Yes it absolutely is a testament to treatment, strength of spirit of each and every one of us, but also we have had the help and support of the wonderful women on here who have seen us on our journey and out the other side.

I wish you all love and happiness for Christmas and 2018, but most of all thank you personally for being there for me xxxx

Highlighted

To everyone who like me, never expected to find themselves on this site, I wish you all a happy Christmas, and thanks for support and encouragement. 

Now it’s just a monster turkey to worry about today!

XX

Highlighted
Community Champion

Its Christmas EVEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeee

Can you believe it, a year since we were last saying and doing Christmas eve things and talking about them on this forum ? ....and we are all here and all fine (apart from some gripes and assorted nagging issues). Thats a testament to treatment and the strength of spirit.

Highlighted

Oh 'eck Dizzy, hope it doesn't progress to the Mammoth Fluffy lurgey - Arrrrrrgh, Noooo. How long ago did you have your previous tests and start your Tamox?

Lesleylush - shall we be seeing you featured on next weeks Page Three then, as you're back to the more sexy push up bras?! Whooohooo.

Am off to bobies. Yeh, I know, very early for me, but very little sleep last night so feeling very sleepy now. Plus popped one of these new sleep aid tabs about 1/2 hr ago.

Nitey nitey all. Nite Jane girl (Dizzy) 

xxxxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Dizzy

Oh no, please let it stay away from you xxx

Have a word with them and get it put off for a while not what you need straight after Christmas xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Lesley

Lovely to hear from you and that you are on the mend and result where the underwired bra is concerned 🙂

What an absolute idiot that bloke was, I would have said something much worse and in his hearing

WHat a lovely pic we are definitely getting very christmassy on here now

xxxx

Highlighted

Ruby, if you've got any pixie dust going spare, could you send it in my direction? Having joked about catching things over the internet, I seem to have gone down with the same cold that's doing the rounds. Great timing, not!

And talking of great timing, I had a letter calling me in for a health MOT, cholesterol, blood sugar etc. And theyll probably want me to get on the scales, none of them are going to be good at the beginning of January.

I had it all done the week I started the tamoxifen as they said they wanted baseline readings, so I don't understand why they want more.

Janey and Helena, hope you feel better soon, this lurgy is a bit of a stayer isn't it?

Ruby, maybe we should set up a fat club thread in the new year, and Beth can inspire us to great things.

Highlighted

D5FDA105-E8AA-4202-A497-2196EE22CCF4.jpegHappy Christmas Eve Eve all,

Janey, I order your lurgy gone this very minute.  You really must be be well so you can fully enjoy Christmas with your sister over fro Oz, plus the rest of the family.

i ventured out with Himself today as the tree lights decided to die so needed replacing.  Went to Wilco and all Crimbo stuff reduced to half price, brilliant.  Popped into the pub for a quick one with his friends, (Delly, I hasten to mention I was drinking coffee). and one of his fiends came in looking grey, sat down, started coughing, sneezing and shivering so much the table was shaking, picked up his pint, took on sip, put down and continued to cough and sneeze all over everyone before asking someone to call him a taxi.  When it came himself and another had to take an arm each and help him in the taxi.  I was not impressed and said   “well I guess we aa know what Malcolms giving us for Christmas then” I got told off by himself for being sarcastic but I think that was very thoughtless coming out and spreading it around.

On a positive note, I put on an underwired bra today and Was ok for the four hours I was out.  The last time I tried wearing one was  June when I was in real discomfort after about 20 mminutes, progress, after 18 months of wearing pull on sport type finally able to wear my nice bras again.

Time to have a vino and relax.  Enjoy your evenings whatever you’re doing xx