1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Janey2

Re: Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Evening fluffies. Clair scootch over on the sofa - Tuesday the new Monday I think and I’m cream crackered. At least this week is a 3 day week, as OH’s birthday on Thursday, so fingers crossed for a dry day and a beach walk.
Clair, we saw His Darkest Hour. Absolutely brilliant and Gary Oldman is very convincing as Churchill.
Xx
Cla46

I'm feeling a lot better, but very tired tonight as we had training tonight so stayed a bit longer I'm pacing myself though xxxx
ladybowler
Community Champion

Clair

I was only told to not wear wired bras whilst I was having treatment, I must admit it was probably a couple of months after that I finally started wearing them and it took a bit of time to get used to them. 

I dont know if it makes a difference if you have had lymph nodes removed, I only had the snb..

xxx

ladybowler
Community Champion

Clair

We have got rid of the snow that goodness, it is windy and wet now but at a least there is no problem with getting round πŸ™‚

How are you feeling, hopefully a lot better.

xxx

Cla46

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Delly I think your right I do feel fragile at times but how funny it changed it to that πŸ˜‚ Xx
Back to work today and I'm feeling shattered maybe I should've had a few more days. I'm normally a winter girl but I'm actually looking forward to spring and summer .
I hope everyone is ok xx
Janey how was the film? Xx
Helena I hope the weather is more settled xx
Beth when is your interview? Xx
Lesley I hope your headaches are giving you a break xx
Rubycat I'm missing your funny pics xxx
Love and hugs to you all xxx
Carolyn52

delly

Ha Ha Claireee, am chuckling at "Fragile" rock. Think possibly your feeling "fragile" subconsciously interfered with your thought processes of Fraggle.
Have never known it so quiet on here. Think praps so many of you ill in bed??
Hope of all you not so well girls are getting and feeling better.
Sending love to everyone
Dellywelly xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cla46

Hello Delly 😘 She's called Red and is from fragile rock I love this pic because it shows her juggling and that's what I feel like I'm always doing with work , home and life in general ❀️ Xxx
delly

Good Morning Fluffy Ladieeees

Thought I'd add a splash of colour and some extra lovey dovey to my post, as so many of you are poorly Smiley Sad

Bethy-Boo - Corrr what babes (cute 'ey!), this is obviously your time now. That's wonderful news on your interview. What is the position for? Heart

Juicy-Janey - Me thinks you ought to pack up work and spend lots of days with your friends instead. Sounds as though they do you so much more good. Bet you wish. In your dreams, hey. Heart

Lesley - Heel wise, there are 5 or 6 different things that can cause heel pain. Much depends on the point or area of pain, when palpated or pressed, and the fact yours gets worse as the day goes on makes a difference to the diagnosis. Plantar fasciitis is more to do with strain to the arch supporting ligaments. If you're still having trouble, I'd suggest seeing a Podiatrist to get the source pinpointed and treated from there. Awww, hope your cold dries up soon. Heart

Claireeeeee - Hecky pecky, chuckywucky, Sounds like the bed pills are the best treatment for you nasty flu. Please tell me what or who your new name piccie is? Heart

DarlinDizz - Mackerel for your eyes, that's interesting. Please forgive my ignorance, but what is AMD? Hey - what was that you said - "oldies"!! Heart

Had a touch of snow yesterday morning, but turned to rain and wild n windy. But the sun's come out here today - yippee. Hope everyone else is okay HeartHeart X Heart X Heart X

Cla46

Hello lovey fluffies 

I just wanted to share this pic with you all because a lovely friend sent it to me and it makes very good sense

image.jpeg

Cla46

Dizzy that's the trouble with different info in different settings, I was told from the beginning not to wear them but I also think It's a personal thing if you feel better in an underwire then wear them.
It's not going to do any harm surely unless you've got lymphedema and that'll just make you uncomfortable xxxx
Dizzybee

Lesley, I haven't heard anyone say never wear underwires, just to wait till you're healed, which is only sensible. 

Maybe if you have lymphedema it's an issue though, if wires get in the way of drainage? 

Cla46

Evening fluffies
I'm getting there still very achy and just not right but better.
Lesley glad to hear your feeling better but not so glad about your headaches πŸ˜• I was told no more underwire bras and to get a good supportive bra which I thought I had but nope apparently mine wasn't supportive enough and could've aggravated the lymphedema as my boob wasn't supported enough!! I've now been properly measured and got a couple of M&S post surgery bras and I can definitely feel the difference much more comfy 😁 There are lots of different company's that do really pretty support bras so you can shop around Xxx xx
Janey can you do flexi hours at work or even work from home sometimes would that help ? Enjoy your do tonight and what are you watching at the cinema? Xxx
Lesley21

Good evening lovelies,

Feeling a lot better, well cold wise that is, not so good headaches still daily occurrence, but hey, nothing new there.

Went to the BC support group meeting on Thursday and said how chuffed I was to be able to wear an unwired bra at last, and th3 nurse who runs the meeting (not a BCN) said you should never wear an underwired bra after having BC!  Has anyone been told this?  I’m pretty sure I was told only not to until I was healed.  I was getting a lot of breast pain while wearing those  pull on strechy type bras but that seems to have eased now not wearing them so I’m thinking that 5hrybwere putting too much pressure on my boob which 7nderwire doesent.  Sometimes I think we can’t do right for doing wrong.

Seems everyone is now having eye problems, we’ll be able to set up our own medical advice website soon xx

Janey2

Afternoon fluffies.  Clair and Lesley I hope you are both feeling loads better and good news Dizzy for Mike.  I have been put on a cataract warning (yellowing lenses), which optician is absolutely certain is due to medication "ageing" me!  Also it's very quickly happened, as I am checked regularly also for glaucoma, as Dad has it, no sign of any yellowing 12 months previously.  She said it could take a while for the cataracts to happen but to be aware I may struggle more with night driving and need more light to read by - deep joy!  That said, I'm happily spending some time checking all the seedpackets from last year (can still read them!) and making lists of what to try this year, although I do think I'll be sticking with some old favourites. Only one more year of patience needed and we can try the first asparagus.  Hoping to have first purple sprouting brocolli next week though.

We have no snow here but it's cold and mostly rainy, other than the odd bit of bright sunshine.  Out this evening for a do with OH's club and cinema planned again for tomorrow, as forecast is so wet and horrible.

Lovely to think I have Monday off, but I need to rethink how I work, as I can't keep the hours down - it's never been 9 - 5 but I need to put my thinking cap on.  

OH's birthday on Thursday and have just sneakily wrapped presents while rugby is on. He's looking a bit suspicious, as I normally am glued to tv with him.   Not sure it's going our team's way though ...

love to all xx

ladybowler
Community Champion

Diz

That was the good thing with me I was already under the hospital before I was diagnosed and they had a benchmark as I had read the same thing and was concerned, plus a couple of ladies on the thread were having problems, but my consultant said nothing has changed and finally, after about 20 years, I have been discharged.

Horrible day here today, it has been trying to snow a bit but fortunately it is too wet for it to settle.  Definitely a day for staying indoors

xxx

Dizzybee

Helena, I'm not too worried about my eyes, I think he went into a bit of a tailspin because I told  him my sister had significant vision loss by the time her glaucoma was diagnosed. Every time I go to an optician, they mutter about keeping an eye on something (sorry, no pun intended!) And they say I have to go to the same place every time so they can see if whatever it is is changing. But my pressures and visual field are always okay.

I looked up the stuff on tamoxifen and cataracts though, the incidence is 10% get cataracts on it. Which is interesting because it's mostly going to be younger women who are on it, not the oldies like us!

ladybowler
Community Champion

Clair

This one is really taking it out of people, just keep resting and take in plenty of fluids

Sending you hugs xxx

ladybowler
Community Champion

Dizzy

Oh the joys.  You could always go to your doc and get them to refer you to the eye hospital, when they thought I might have the start of glaucoma he referred me direct, although nothing came of it, last year they put me on eye drops for a few months, but turns out I didnt need them.  At least that way you would be in the system

Good news about Mike and long may it continue xxxx

Cla46

Dizzy I'm glad Mikes condition is ok and I hope everything with your eyes stay settled for a while getting older is definitely not fun πŸ™Xxx
I'm feeling a bit better and managed to get dressed today and spend some time downstairs before falling asleep again! I'm quite proud that I haven't panicked over my rash that is also going down 😁 I'm planning a very quite weekend I haven't felt this poorly in a long time.
Lesley I hope your feeling brighter today too xxx
Have a lovely weekend everyone lots of love and hugs to you all xxxx
Dizzybee

Clair and Lesley, glad you're both feeling better, this is obviously a bad year for colds and flu.

Janey, hope you've had an easy day today and no late finish.

Beth, congratulations on the interview, after what you've been dealing with you can do anything.

I went to the optician today, saw a new optician, a very excitable Egyptian man who talked at top speed so I'm not ever so clear on everything. But the upshot is I have early signs of cataracts in both eyes, very weak eye muscles and a vulnerable optic nerve (I think that one is about glaucoma) So I have to go back in six months and if things are still the same get referred to the hospital. Long lecture about wearing sunglasses...and eating mackerel. The joys of getting older...

On the good side, Mike's AMD is no worse, so long may that continue.

Cla46

Beth that's great news πŸ™‚ Karma is going to get him 😁 Xx

Glad you had a rest day today Janey xxx

Helena I had a consultant check and mammo a tad earlier than planned because I thought I had another lump, it didn't hurt at all I was just very anxious about the whole thing and I was lucky the radiologist told me everything was fine there and then. I'm now on an open appointment system which is brilliant. Everywhere seems different! Xxx

Lesley glad your feeling a bit better and still getting out and about xxx

I felt terrible this morning but I'm actually feeling a little bit better tonight 2 days in bed doing absolutely nothing has helped. I'm not going back to work until next week though. I'm a bit fed up that I got flu as I've had my flu jab and I'm eating as healthy as I can any other tips would be handy though 😁
Love and hugs to you all xx
ladybowler
Community Champion

Beth

Yay that is brilliant news, I am sure you will bowl them over.

Oh dont you worry he will get it right where it hurts, disgusting that one person can do that to so many people

xxxx

ladybowler
Community Champion

Lesley

Make sure you wrap up well and get better very soon my dear xxx

ladybowler
Community Champion

Blueleyla

I am hoping that will happen when I attend my first one, that they might then book me in for the one next year, will just have to wait and see.  It is apparently the policy of the QE that 1st one is 18 months after diagnosis. xx

ladybowler
Community Champion

ann

Yes it is 18 months  it is the policy at the QE 😞  I have my Onc apt on 28 April and he said if I had not had my mammo apt by the beginning/mid March to call his secretary.  I did see him in August last year when he did a physical exam but it just seems so long compared with other hospitals xxx

Janey2

Beth, that's such good news and I hope they snap you up for the job.  Clair, how are you today?  Hopefully you are tucked up and looking after yourself.  Lesley, glad to see you back, but I think you are right about our immune systems being a bit off and Ann that year has flown by.  Hopefully the next 2 weeks will speed by as well.

I had such a lovely start to the week, with lovely friends, but then work took hold and it's been two very late finishes and a very shattered me, so I took today off, using some time owing, and have been out with my friend for the day, which has been lovely and revitalising.  Still very woozy by the end of the day, so hoping I get some answers from oncology next week, although I assume I will be discharged to breast screening team.  We all do seem to have different systems according to where we live.

Love to all xx

Beth123

Afternoon all fluffies

had some more good news this afternoon and I’ve made it to interview stage for the job I’ve applied for. I’m so glad I had the results about that lump before the invitation to interview came. So will give it my best shot but I do feel it’s time, and I’m ready to rejoin the rat race. 

On an even more cheery note, spoke to one of my previous employees yesterday and it looks like my old business partner is even worse now than when I was there. To the extent that one woman has left and two others are looking for another job. That man will never learn. 

Karma is a bi**h though and one day it will bite him on the backside. 

Hope everyone is ok

xxx

Lesley21

HEllo everyone,

Sorry for absence, been really busy and went down with another cold.  Most unusual for me, usually I manage to avoid them but wasnt not fully recovered from the last one and bham, yet another.

Just been cstching up on you all before I head off the the BC support group meeting (think I’m past  the infectious stage) fantastic Beth,  news, so relived for you.  Get well soon Clair, guss our immune systems must be weak After rads and that’s why we are picking up everything that’s going.

Sunny here but very cold so thinks it’s hat, scarf and gloves needed to head out xx

Blueleyla

Hi Ladybowler 

It’s strange how different areas have different policies. I finished radiotherapy last March and had my first mammogram in December.  When I got the result I also got the appointment for this December.  My hospital are obviously very organised!

delly

There's me, flew in, picked up my birthday wishes and flew off again. Now what kind of behaviour is that - tut tut for Dellywelly.

Thank you Beth and Fee for your birthday wishes.Must say, I'm very fragrant with lovely new chemical free smellies from bezzie. and a bowl of pretty narcissi bulbs for on the kitchen windowsill. Now that's my kinda gardening girlies. 

Helena - Thank you for such a beautiful ginormous bunch of cheerfully coloured flowers, darlin. Awwww to keeping your car snug Smiley Wink

Beth - Me thinks somethings afoot, can I sense  it in the air?? HaHaaaa - Wow, that's fantastic news lovey. Awwww, what a relief for you? Yes it was great of 'em to call. How did the job application go? Am I jumpin the gun there

Grrrreat piccie Rubes Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Tongue

Fee - Hope you enjoyed your Maggie day. What a lovely opportunity to meet some alike women. Gotta a lot of beating, this lot on here though!! I ought to get off my bum and go check out my local one.

Claireee - I hope you kick your cold in the bum and out the window soon.

Dizzy - That's such a shame about the courses for you. Which hospital did you attend down there?

Hi's to JuicyJaney, Ann, Jill, Charyyyyyssss, Lesley, Zoe, Carolyn, bluelayla, Uncle Toms and Aunty Betty's everywhere.

Oh Ann, I felt ashamed to not have know anything about the Royhingya tragedy when I watched the news last night. 

Past my bedtime, trying to get earlier. L

Loadsa love to everybody DellyWelly xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ann-m
Community Champion

Helena
Why is it time speeds up as you get older!
Didn’t you say previously, your Trust does mammos at 18 months? In our area it’s still yearly xxx
ladybowler
Community Champion

ann

I can not believe that on Friday it is 12 months since I finished active treatment. 

I am still waiting for my first mammo though xx

ann-m
Community Champion

Good evening lovely fluffies.
Anyway, I had my second follow-up mammo today & results in around 2 weeks apparently. It only seems like 5 minutes ago, I was trekking to the hospital for the first one
ann xxx
Dizzybee

Goodness it's quiet here today, maybe we've all had a busy week. Clair, hope the cold is getting better, it's a shame you had to reschedule the lymphodoema appointment. There seem to have been loads of coughs and cold going round this year.

Fee, hope you enjoyed your Look Good Feel Better course, everyone seems to enjoy them. Sadly they don't seem to be available in deepest darkest Dorset, a half day of diet and exercise advice was about it here. But I think it's great to hear that these things are out there,  I think I'd take whatever was available.

Janey, hope the vertigo is behaving this week? My mother is a chronic sufferer but is going through a really good spell at the moment, I'm hoping it continues because she's going on holiday in three weeks.

Have a good evening lovely Fluffies 

xxx

Cla46

Morning fluffies,
Beth thank you for that bit of advice I didn't even think about, no wonder it's hit hard and fast I'm spending the day resting up at home and re scheduling my appointment. Hope you all have a lovely day that your warm and nog affected by the weather to much I'd love a bit of snow but we never get it
ladybowler
Community Champion

Oh Clair

Hope you feel better soon my friend xx

Beth123

Clair

hope you feel better soon. Remember not to do your massages if you have a cold, they don’t want you spreading infection around your system. I double checked that last week while I was in clinic. 

Look after yourself lovely xxx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Cla46

Evening Fluffies, I woke up with a terrible cold this morning so I'm feeling a bit fed up I managed to get through the day at work but that's it I'm off to bed and hope I feel better tomorrow as it's my lymphedema clinic day typical! Hope your all keeping well and warm lots of hugs and love to you too xxxx
Charys
Community Champion

Awww Beth, it must feel like a massive weight is lifted from your body and mind.....everything changes doesn't it with one small telephone call. Great news!!!

ladybowler
Community Champion

Evening fluffies

Flipping heck it is cold here tonight, just decided to put the cover on my windscreen and that wind is blowing really really cold.  The are forcasting snow flurries and ice for us overnight so I do not want to be scrapping tomorrow morning.

Hope everyone is well and keeping warm xxxx

Dizzybee

Beth, I'm so happy for you, what a weight off your mind. 

xxx

Beth123

Thank you everyone. I think I may sleep more soundly tonight. Xxx

Janey2

Beth, such wonderful news. So pleased for you xx
ladybowler
Community Champion

Ruby

Oh I love that xx

rubycat

Beth, so happy for you. Cat Very Happyxxx

Image result for Great News Congratulations gif
ann-m
Community Champion

That’s so fab, Beth. It’s always such a relief.
ann xxx
Fee70

Brilliant news Beth, lovely πŸ˜ƒ so nice of them to call you and let you know rather than let you wait.

Fee
Xxx
Cla46

Oh Beth that's brilliant news, I'm so pleased xxxxx