cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Charys
Community Champion

Re: Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Ooooo hark at you....personal service from the local council....not often anyone gets that !!!

Here's a question for you ladies - anyone who has got to menopause and through it....and heading that way. Periods: At nearly 50 I've had every manner of possible period irregularity (except missed one!). So, this month, lighter than usual and still spotting on day 10. Basically, the period just isn't quite ending. Anyone relate to that....still perimeno early stages ?

ladybowler
Community Champion

Fluffies

For those of you who have been through the saga of our bin collections, I had to share this with you.

At 6.53am this morning I received an email from the depot manager to let me know that they will not be able to collect our recycling as both their alli cart bins are off the road and unlikely to be fixed until later tonight at the earliest, he wanted to let me know as a matter of courtesy.  Oh the power πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Helena xxx

ladybowler
Community Champion

Lee

Good that they are moving fast for you, but that it does also allow you to have your time away with your mum before you start treatment xx

It is a lot to take in again so you are going to feel numb, just take it one bit at a time. You can do this our dear friend and we are all there beside you sending our strength to you

Helena xxx

Lee65

A do should be abdomen 😊
Lee65

Thank you, thank you. Appt went well, my doctor is also my friend and a very good listener. I just had a blood test for kidney function then Monday morning I’m having CT with dye contrast on lungs, a do and pelvis with a bone scan straight after. I go to New Zealand with my Mum on Thursday til Tuesday then I see the surgeon on the Thursday. Moving fast and feeling numb but so good that there isn’t big waiting times. It will be chemo this time so long looking at my long silver hair ... my mind just keeps jumping all over the place. Love and hugs to you all πŸ’•πŸ’•
ladybowler
Community Champion

Lesley

Sign of a gardener, blisters and aching limbs πŸ™‚

Wow that sounds a positive move forward on the plantar front, lets hope it continues

xxxx

Janey2

I'm really not sure what to write.  I've been hovering around this thread all day at work, but unable to post.  Lee I'm so sorry to hear such sh**** news.  As the others have said we are here  - for the times others around you may be asleep, here for you for when you don't want to have to be strong; just here for you.  

Clair, obviously that applies to you as well.  I'm wishing and hoping all will be okay for you and that you get a quick appointment through  Just remember where we are in the waiting time; and to look after you first.  Love and hugs to all of you xxx

Dizzybee

Oh well, they've all gone away so I guess I can sleep in my own bed! I was starting to wonder what we'd do with Daisy. There was a police car at the neighbour's house this afternoon, so I'm guessing maybe she reported finding something suspect in the garden? Anyway, the excitement is over, but it was a bit surreal for a minute.

Lee, I keep thinking about you, it's such a lot to take in. I hope things will be clearer after your appointment. We'll be in your pocket.

Lesley, great to hear the plantar fasciitis is so much improved, and just in time for some good walking weather.

Charys
Community Champion

Eyyyyy Dizzy, are you sure you aren't hallucinating? What's going on ???

rubycat

Dizzy - we've had enough of the men in their hazmet suits, so sending them down the road to you. Cat Winkxxx

ladybowler
Community Champion

Dizzy

Flipping heck woman, what is going on earth is going on xxx

Dizzybee

Crickey, I've just looked out of my front window and there's an army bomb disposal lorry and several men wandering in and out of my neighbour's house...I expect it's a false alarm, I'm not in the mood for evacuating...

ladybowler
Community Champion

Lee

Well it is 8pm here and we are all here for you to help with that whirring xxxx

Lee65

Thank you all for your words of comfort and support, it really does mean so much. You know how I feel and although I have a lot of support with family and friends but when talking to people who have been through it there is a deeper level of understanding. It’s 4am and I’ve had a bit of sleep but now my mind is whirring. Xxxxx
ann-m
Community Champion

Oh goodness, Clair, sorry to hear you have this hanging over you again, sending loads of hugs πŸ’–πŸ’

ann xxx

ann-m
Community Champion

Sending hugs, Lee & so sorry to hear this after all you’ve both been through. Life can certainly be a b***ch at times. I suppose one way of looking at it, is that it wasn’t going anywhere, so it can now be dealt with, although you both need this like a hole in the head, of course. πŸ’πŸ’•

ann xxx

Lesley21

Lee, I’m so so sorry to hear your news, let’s hope they get it treated successfully and quickly and you and your husband can move on.  You both have had a nightmare of a time, surely the fates will give you a break.  We will all be virtually holding your hand all the way xx

Clair, sending you hugs and cwtchs.  It’s been one thing after another for you.  Keeping everything  crossed this lump is nothing to worry about, though of course you’re going to be worried until told so xx

rubycat

Clair, holding you tight and sending love and hugs your way. Cat Happyxxx

rubycat

Oh Lee, am so sorry about your news, what a b##ch life is.  Wishing that we could all be together, but we are virtually and sending huge hugs and lots of love your way.Cat Happyxxx

Dizzybee

Lee, I am so so sorry to hear your news. It doesn't seem so long ago we were doing rads and you were posting pictures of your camping trip. It isn't bloody fair, you've had so much to deal with. But if it's any help, we're here for you to hold your hand and send you love.

Clair, I am still really hoping this will be okay. But it's a horrible wait to find out, so sending you much love too.

Juliewulie

Hi Lee and Clair

Just wanted you  to know that I'm thinking about you both. As previous ladies have said we are all here for you -whatever. This disease is so awful and unfair but we will get each other through difficult times.

I'm sending you both hugs and stay positve.

Julie xxx

Charys
Community Champion

I know you will be really scared Lee. I'm desperately sorry that you are, stay strong. Smiley Sad

Lee65

Scary feeling. Sending a big gentle hug πŸ’•
Charys
Community Champion

Lee,

You lovely lady, what can I say to you, nothing that will make you feel much better? I am being honest here, I am sat with a tear on my face for you. I don't know you, but feel your pain right now, though that will be of no comfort to you I'm sure. You've been through so much, so damned much, and there is some more yet to come. I'm so sorry.

Claire, stay strong, this isn't fair....just not fair....they are keeping a good eye on you and I'm hoping and praying for a good outcome from your mammo. Of course none of this is fair, we know that, this is just what it is. However, for both of you, know this - the medical teams are looking out for you, they want you free of anything, just as you do and we do.

Goodness knows, his thread has had ups and downs, its been going for nearly two years now, but we won't leave you. This is your place to talk if you need. We will share it with you.

xxx

ladybowler
Community Champion

Lee

Oh my dear I am so sorry that you have this outcome.

As Ruby says we are all here with you in your pocket, just keep coming on here whenever you need us and we will be there. Can totally understand your emotions quite natural, let us know how you get on tomorrow.

Sending you the tough pants so that we can all be in the pockets with you holding your hand tightly, and lots and lots of hugs xxxxtough pants.jpg

ladybowler
Community Champion

Clair

We are all in your pocket my lovely we are always here for you whenever you need us xxxxx

Cla46

Oh Lee I'm so sorry to hear this! My hand is definitely in yours so squeeze as tight as you like whenever you need to. Thank good goodness we've got such wonderful support from all these wonderful women ❀️ Sending you so much love right now xxxxx
Lee65

Scary feeling. Sending a big gentle hug πŸ’•
Lee65

Bad news my lovelies. I got a call from my doctor tonight and they found cancer in my lymph node. I’m going in tomorrow morning for a chat to find out more. Scared, sad, disappointed and a bit pissed of really. Keep me in your pockets please xxx
Cla46

😞 They found a new lump so I'm having a mammogram with in the next 2 weeks xxx xx xx
Lesley21

Lesley21

Good morning, and thank you for your encouraging words of support re gardening.  I ache today and blisters are sore but I’m feeling smug, might even do a bit of weeding before I set off to the BC support group meeting this afternoon, shame to waste this lovely sunshine.

Clair, just wanted to wish you good luck for today, as usual we will all be squeezed into your pocket and romise not to make rude noises xx

ps, after doing all the plantar fasciitis exercises religiously for weeks with no improvement (if anything it was getting worse) on Sunday night perusing the web a utube popped up by. Dr Berg, he said the exercises are wrong, do the reverse ie push the toes toward the sole of your foot, hold for 2-3 seconds, do this 20 times once a day and you’ll be cured in a month.  Oh yeh I thought, I tried it, instant relief and it’s reduced the pain by about 70%already, honestly.  Whether it be be a long term permanent cure like he claims, I’ll wait and see xx

rubycat

Yes, well proud of you Lesley, you'll be a gardener yet.  I only started a couple of years ago and really love being out in the fresh (warm) air - I don't do wet/windy/cold gardening.

Now real gardeners, I need advice on what to do with my daffodowndillies/hyacinths, as some have started to finish.  Last year I thought Monty Don said to cut the flower stem out completely when it had flowered, which I did, and do think they have flowered again, or do I just pull off the old brown flower? What about the hyacinths & tulips???? 

Seen doc today bout me poorly hands - he said it was an osteoarthritis 'flare up', but not bad enough to need injections, so just keep on with the ibruprofen gel, and next time I have a problem he will do injections.  He's also referring me for physio for exercises to keep hands moving - I didn't tell Himself that part!! OOOHHHh.... Cat Tonguexxx

Cla46

Thank you Rubycat πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ xxxx
Janey2

Next think you know Lesley, I shall be sending you cucumber seedlings!! Xx
Janey2

Oops! Love the picture πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
rubycat

Clair, glad that today went well and able to keep my fingers crossed now, and so is my friend.  Cat Winkxxx

See the source image
ladybowler
Community Champion

Lesley

Well  proud of you xxx  My neighbour used to say to me do a little at a time and it will not be long before it is all done.  I am starting doing my weeding tomorrow, I have to do a little at a time as the border is so long I would knacker myself xxxx

rubycat

Lee - how fantastic your hubby looks - and your coastal view as well.  Still in your pocket.Cat Very Happyxxx

rubycat

Tut, tut Janey, found an award for you as well (or was it your lunchtime?????????) Cat Very Happyxxx

See the source image

rubycat

AWARDED TO THE LOVELY CHARYS. Cat Very Happyxxx

See the source image
ladybowler
Community Champion

Clair

We are all right there with you everything crossed for tomorrow xxxx

Cla46

Evening fluffies everywhere

Lee your hubbys recovery is fantastic and I'm sure you've had a huge input in it too. I'll be thinking of you and hope everything goes well xxxxx

I'm loving the sunshine and can't wait to be able to get out in the garden let's hope it lasts for the weekend πŸ˜‰

Beth I've been thinking about you a lot hope your ok xxxx

I had my gyne appointment today and it all went well, they're going to keep a close eye on things as I want to go back on the tamoxifen (I'm seeing the breast consultant tomorrow to get a dip checked out ) he said he's going to arrange a meeting with the beast consultant so that they all know what's going on πŸ™‚ I'll be back to gyne in August for another scan to see how things are going and if things deteriorate with more cysts etc then we'll have a chat about a total hysterectomy πŸ˜‰ The gyne consultant was brilliant he listened to my concerns and gave me a plan , can't ask for more than that.
Please keep your fingers crossed for tomorrow love and hugs to you all xxxxx
Lesley21

Hello gorgeous Willows,

well Lee, your husband is a legend, you must be so proud of him.  Everything crossed for you re your tests xx

You gardeners will be proud of me!   Never in my life have I ever done anything in tthe garden  except read and sunbathe.  The last two years we have had a lovely lady gardener who for the princely sum of Β£15 once a fortnight cut both lawns, weeded, pruned and trimmed shrubs for an hour.  Unfortunately her phone number is now unobtainable and I have phoned and emailed over 30 gardeners.  The majority of which have not got back to me, those that have are fully booked.  Today I managed to get hold of one who agreed to cut our lawns.  As our next door neighbours are now elderly and looking for help in the garden i negotiated  a reduced price of Β£50 for  both gardens.  The gardener suggested Β£20 for us Β£30 for them as their lawns are bigger.  I said, no, we’ll split it.  I actually spent an hour weeding and dead heading before  he arrived,  got several blisters but was very chuffed.  He did our grass and agreed to come once a fortnight but they’re not happy!  So guess it’s back to searching for someone  to cut grass.  The problem here is, although where we live is not expensive we’re in an a very expensive area (this guy actually does Mary Berry and Pauline Quirkes gardens). Himself can’t manage the grass anymore and neither can I.  Think we’ll have to think about moving to a flat😒  Well, that my whinge over, who would have thought gardens would become th3 new plumbers?  

What a glorious day,  so hot, shame it wasnt like this last week when i was on the IOW, never mind, now I’ve got my new hobby (gardening) at least I’ll get a tan while weeding xx

Dizzybee

Gold star for Charys!

Gosh finally it is beautiful, I've just spent the morning with my U3A gardening group going round a gorgeous garden.  It must be on a 45 degree slope, but so well designed in a cottage garden style that it was just beautiful, little winding woodland paths. Now I have acute garden envy...though clearly the owners are not wusses about gardening when it's cold and wet.

Love to fluffies everywhere

Xxx

Janey2

We shall have to take a moment to think of your prize!
Charys
Community Champion

I'm first here today.......la da di dah dah.

Janey2

Lee, that’s incredible determination. I so hope all goes well with you and results this week. Well done to you too Dizzy. That first step took me so long. Don’t think I’ve ever got to target - hopefully this time ... Sending love to all xx
ladybowler
Community Champion

Lee

Oh my god that is a truly amazing recovery, he is obviously a very determined gentleman.  I cant believe the phenominal difference from six months ago, well done Tone.

xxxx

ladybowler
Community Champion

Lee

Got everything crossed for the end of the week, you know that there are a lot of hands stretching across that ocean to be beside you xxxx