cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Community Champion

Re: Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Lesley

Oh mate sorry to hear that you have been struggling and I really hope that things are starting to get better, sending you loads of hugs.

Thank you darling for your wise words, I am hoping I am going to still be able to have my op on Tuesday as I have come down with a stinking cold and sore throat.  Going to ring the hospital tomorrow to see what they say, it could only happen to me Smiley Sad Smiley Sad xx

Hi all,

I haven’t posted for ages as things have been very difficult,  but I have been popping in to keep a beady eye on you.  It’s been very quiet on here, just hoping it’s because everyone is busying moving on from the BC nightmare and enjoying life.

Just wanted to wish you good luck with the op Lady H and to remind you to take things easy after.  Let people round around after you if they offer, they will be glad of a chance to help as you would be, so enjoy the leisure time, do your tapestry, get some good books and DVDs in and the garden will take care of itself xx

Alibobs, have a lovely holiday! 

Helena, good luck today.

Community Champion

Just come back from a lovely evening out with my work friends. 

Again Karen has really spoiled me with a hysterectomy survival kit of a hobby lap cushion that has a light on and a holder for your drink, 3 novels and a colouring book with pens.  One of my other friends bought me some beautiful body shop lotion and hand cream.

xxx

Community Champion

Alibobs

Oh how lovely have a wonderful week, I should be home and resting by the time you get back.  Honestly I have reaslied tonight that I really need to be sensible about how long I am off for.  My boss has made me set my out of office until 26 November and he is not expecting me back before then xx

Good luck with Bowls match and batch cooking Helena! Make sure you get a bit of pre op rest in as well! Will be thinking of you next week and in your pocket too. Thinking of all of you, even when we are so quiet. Back from camping in the Lakes and full on back to grind 😩. With you all on Bodyguard and very happy to see No Offence back! Must be Autumn, with better TV but sadly less daylight for the garden. Much love xx

Hi Helena good to hear from you!! I'm fine thank you. Back at work on phased return and also going away to zakynthos for a week tomorrow. Yippee can't wait!! I do hope your op goes well. Pleasr make sure you take enough rest after and recuperate well!! Good luck with the bowling match. I hope you thrash them!!!💪👍 take care now. Xxx

Crikey you are going to be busy Helena. But maybe it's just as well not to have too much time to dwell on things. 

Time to spend some time outside for me, there's loads to do before my mother is coming to stay next week.

Love to all the Fluffies.

Community Champion

Fluffies

Hope all is well with everyone

Well I could not have picked a busier weekend to have before my op.  I am off to Becketts (my purse is screaming already) to get meat for the freezer cook in in readiness for my not being able to do too much for the next couple of weeks.

I am also getting the packs of bacon, bread rolls etc., as I am cooking bacon butties at our club for the Bowls District finals this weekend, that is before playing in the triple finals.

But I do have sunday afternoon and monday where I am planning to do very little at all.

Helena xxx

Community Champion

Alibobs

We watched this weeks episode on Wednesday, flipping heck!!

It is compelling watching.  We have also started watching Strangers which looks interesting took a little time to develop but I think that is going to be a good one as well as it is from the writers of Liar which was good

Hope you are well my dear

Helena xxx

Omg! Probably inappropriate response but I'm loving the bodyguard!! 💖💖
Community Champion

ann

unfortunately I was not in any of our club finals this weekend, with the impending op I decided not to enter as I was not sure that I could be there on finals day and that was unfair on any oppoent I might have knocked out of the comps  By the time I found out it would be Sept it was too late, however I am in the district triples next week so hopefully I will get something out of it.

Bodyguard is amazing, we have not watched tonights episode yet

xxx

Community Champion

Hope the finals went well, Helena & you showed ‘em!
Hope all you lovely fluffies are well.
Right, off to watch The Bodyguard now
ann 💖
Community Champion

Dizzy

Thankfully the final I am in is next weekend hopefully it will be dry.

It is very quiet on here at the moment, how is everyone doing, hopefully busy with stuff but would be lovely to hear from you all to catch up

Helena xxx

Helena, I'm glad you've managed to get something out of the bowls season, I know you had to pass on some of your competitions.

Community Champion

Dizzy

Hello yes it certainly has gone quiet on here, perhaps with all the holidays over with it will start to get busy.

We have had a lovely day here today sunny and warm, however the forcast looks as if it is changing, just in time for the bowls finals weekends this week and next week, oh well at least my waterproofs will get an outing.

xxxx

Hello Fluffies 

Well, we're very quiet on here lately, it's not like us!

We've had a busy few weeks with various family members staying, but now things are getting back to normal. We're still having beautiful weather, I went for a walk with my walking group yesterday, not particularly far but very steep, it must have done me some good, but it was very hot until it clouded over. I haven't done many longer walks recently as the OH is due for a hip replacement and is hobbling everywhere. So I guess it'll be next spring before we really get going again. 

Hope everyone is doing well

Xxx

Community Champion

Gosh Fluffies

There has not been a post on here for a week, I hope that is because everyone is doing ok and busy getting on with things.

Not long back from a lovely evening out at a little italian restaurant with my best friend, oh the food was amazing cant wait to go back again, that is going to be a treat in my post op recovery programme.

Looking forward to getting in the garden this weekend as we are actually forcast a lovely warmer one.

Sending you all hugs xxxx

Community Champion

Delly

Op is on 18 sept 😔 getting a bit close now xx

Thank you for birthday wishes, I really had a brilliant day, hope you did too on Tuesday Dizzy.  As you get older I find birthdays are just another day, but yesterday I felt like I used on my birthday whenI was a child, special.  I had so many cards and presents.  Himself and I met friends for drinks (more cards and pressies) then headed off on our own for lunch in a new restaurant opened recently in town.  It’s was lush.  During the meal one of himself’s oldest friends came  in, came up to our table, sang happy birthday to me, left a card and pressie on the table and left, embarrassing but funny at the same time.

Youre probably right about my feet Delly.  The acupuncturist treated them Tuesday and I left there 100% pain free, now I’m aout 60%, unfortunately it was the last session(free at the hospice) Think I’ll look into finding a good one locally, it will be worth paying for as although the sessions havent  helped my headaches or hot flushes when I told her about my feet this week she put the pins in the appropriate places and it’s worked.

Right, birthday over, it’s raining so can’t get in the garden so no excuses, time   to get on with some cleaning xx

And now it really is happy birthday Lesley! I was sure I remembered yours was the same day as mine. But it was a year ago, and with a memory like mine...

My husband had the same experience a few years ago, being told he had plantar fasciitis, which turned out to be tendinitis. This year the doctor said he'd pulled a thigh muscle, when it turned out his hip joint was shot. And I was told I had tennis elbow, which turned out to be trapped nerves in my neck and arm. Now I don't trust doctors to diagnose anything to do with joints and muscles, it's the physiotherapists who get it right.

I had my consultant's appointment last week for my eyes, thankfully not tamoxifen toxicity so far. It just needs annual monitoring, and it's a coincidence that my sight has got worse at the same time. So I definitely could have done without the optician making it sound like a major drama, though I suppose if they see changes they have to cover themselves by making the referral. Anyway all is fine.

Highlighted

Evening Dear Fluffs

Happy Birthdays to Dizzy and Lesley Heart Heart Heart (Haven't got phone symbols to send!)

Sue - Congratulations on your nomination. Hope you succeed. That's a lovely recognition to all your ambitious hard work and bound to give you and it a good boost. Plus that's great news on your boob, glad you're pleased with the final result.

Helena - Congrats to you too, brill girl. How goes the stair throne? Am I right in thinking your op's pretty soon, Sept??

Lesley - Well, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one slagging off the James Martin American prog. I keep watching it now, out of principle. The food hasn't all been bad, but I've noticed his girth is increasing !!  Your foot - I thought you'd previously had it looked at and diagnosed. Gp's aren't great on feet, just as they aren't on teeth. I can't see it being Achilles tendonitis if the pain is still under your foot, as the tendon ends and attaches to the top of the back of your heel bone (calcaneum), so doesn't go anywhere near or affect the underneath. I'm really sorry to hear you're still struggling with it. Thought your last bending exercises were helping. You really could do to go see a Podiatrist, me dear, preferably a recommend. Might take a couple of treatments/visits to sort. Calendar - Yeh, I'm up for. Have already scooped out my two melon halves in readiment for it !! What are you doing for your birthday??

Alibobs - Hope you're doing well. Aretha - Yeh, what a great loss. I've been a fan since early teenage years. What A Voice - like silky smooth chocolate.

Clairee - Hope you're enjoying your hol and hope your reduced hours remove a lot of the stress off you when you go back in.

Janey - Have you been away in the camper? (Thought "Topsy" a suitable name? - due to the flip top). Hope your girl in Aussie is still doing well after her nasty scare. Thought about you again, watching Julia Bradbury's last walk around the beautiful Lynton, Lynmouth area, to Watersmeet. Another of my favourites. 

Lee, I hope you're recovering well and coping with your treatments and that hubby's still improving too.

Ann, Charys, Rubes, Jill and anyone else who hasn't been on for a while, hope you're all doing well. 

Have to say, I've been enjoying this cooler weather, though not so great for holiday makers.

Lots of love, Doolally xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Community Champion

Sorry girls been out bowling tonight just got in.

Dizzy hope you have had the most amazing day xx

Lesley ooh and we will wishing you so tomorrow.

Janey it really got to me too, I was driving to work at the time xx

Anyway going to chill now before I go to bed

Love to you all xx

Community Champion

Happy birthday, Dizzy & Lesley

🎂🥂🍾

Hope you both had a lovely day 💖

ann xxx

Hello lovelies,  just checked in, thank you for birthday greetings, but mine is not until tomorrow, is it Dizzys today? If so many happy returns of the day, hope you’re having a lovely day xx

Its been  quiet on here lately, hopefully everyone is moving on in a good way.  Had my last acupuncture session this am, think it’s helping with migraines as touch wood not had one for couple of months though still getting the daily chronic headache.  My self diagnosed plantar fasciitis is apparently not!  Doc says it’s Achilles tendonitis, on anti inflamotries for a month but acupuncture this morning really helped  

Well done with the win Lady H, and congrats with the nomination Sue.  How we’ve all coped and flourished in The last couple of years is amazing.  I rewatched The Calendar Girls on Sunday afternoon, maybe us lot should do a 2019 ccalender to inspire newly diagnosed ladies, Delly what do you think? Xx

Happy birthday to two wonderful women. How serendipitous today to heat Chris Evans talking about the ringing of bells! I hope all you fluffy ones are doing well and Sue congratulations on your recognition. Much love xx

Happy birthday Dizzy 🍰🎉 have a wonderful day lots of love and hugs xxx

Happy birthday Lesley 🎉🎉 🍰 Have a great day xxxx

Lesley

Happy birthday to you🎶🎶🎶😊😊

Hope you have a lovely day

Xxx

Community Champion

Girls

Thank you all for your lovely words, it means so much to me, it was a match that I really wanted to win as it is a bit of a needle match with local opposition, especially as it is the only final I am in this year.

Alibobs - yep RESPECT to your late mum as well, she will certainly know that feeling.

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

H xxx

Lovely to hear of your success Helena!! Well done!! My late Mum would be delighted to hear about this too being an avid bowls player and a very good one too!! More power to your elbow!! In the words of the late great Aretha...RESPECT!!!! 💖💖💖
Community Champion

Well done Helena! 👏🏼👏🏼 Xx 

Community Champion

Congratulations, Helena🥇🎉🎉🎉💖
Community Champion

Evenign lovely fluffie

Wanted to share with you all played in the district bowls triples semi finals tonight and we won, so we are in the finals, it was a tough match and we finished in the almost dark at 9pm. So proud of my team the only final I am in this year as I came out of all my singles matches as I did not know when I would be having my hysterectomy xx

Community Champion

Goodness, Sue, you have been busy & brill about being up for an award!

Good also to hear that the op went well - Onwards & upwards!!!

hugs

ann x

Community Champion

Sue H-S

Hello lovely to hear from you and great to read that you are doing so well xx

Community Champion

Hi ladies,

great to see you are still about and that you are coping with all that life has to throw at us, .lol.

I still support some ladies in the Private groups, so I have not gone away completely!

I am now in the last stages of my recovery, having had re-construction surgery on 2nd August. All is healing well (oh the itching!!!) and I have a beautiful new boob to match my other one!

Tamoxifen is being kind to me - after having counselling for my severe PTSD earlier this year, the hot flushes and fatigue improved a lot. And, apart from the very hot weather, the hot flushes are far less and very manageable.

So, I am happy to report that I can put all behind me now and truly start to move forward...

Lol - and I have become a local celebrity, too!

SE1s.jpg

1.JPG

Everything now seems possible again - and I doubt, that without the challenges of the past two years I would have got where I am now.

Hugs to all

Sue 

Community Champion

Ruby

Oh that is so good xx

Community Champion

Alibobs

Sorry I am catching up on a lot of stuff.  The stairlift is a complete success in fact I was upstairs putting the new chair for the study together and the next minute I heard the stiarlift going and before I knew it, Colin had come up to see how I was getting on, he could never have done that before Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Ok and confession i put the ironing on it today and sent it upstairs, trouble was there was no one at the top to put it away so I had to walk up and sort it xxxx

Evening all, just popping in quickly to say hello, and hope you're all enjoying the cooler weather. Though we haven't had the really high temperatures for quite a while, only mid 20s, but the nights were very sticky.

Now all I want is some rain please, we still haven't had any and the garden is desperate.

Rubycat, loved the picture as ever. Hope your hands are getting  better.

Helena, between the stairlift and the cooler weather, I hope Colin is a lot more comfortable.

Xxxx

Another cracker Rubycst, love it.

Delly, you’re not the only one Ive heard mouthing off about that James Martin programme and the disgusting fried butter balls and other muck he served up.  What were the producers thinking of?

So at last this extreme heat is supposed to be coming to an end tomorrow, still temperatures of between 23-25 forecasted which is just right, fed up of 30+ week after week and I usually love this heat but this is too much, no air and so humid at night especially when I’m getting hot flushes on top.  Expect I’ll soon be moaning that it’s too cold.

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer and have been managing to stay cool though I think it’s only the south east corner that’s been having extreme heat, know my sister is Wales says it’s lovely there, just right, mid 20’s with a nice breeze xx

Hi Rubes and Charys, Good to see you both on for a quickie. You too Alibobs.
Oh Rubes, I've understandably sooo missed your pics. Another cracker. But I'm so sorry you're having such a horrible time with your hands, wrists and knee. 
Had to go back and edit my rant on James Martin. Went off on one, sorry James and girlies.
Lotsa love to everyone xxxxxxx

LadyH, I need to dob Col-pots in because whilst you were not looking he modified his stairlift!  Cat Surprisedxxx

See the source image

My late Mum got 1 for my step dad Helena. He had COPD so the flight of stairs was too much for him. She loved it that much she kept it after he died and used it to send her ironing upstairs etc. She was always trying to get me to use it but I told her no way not there yet!! Lol!! Hope it turns out to be just the ticket for you too!!💖💖
Community Champion

Delly

I wondered who that was using it Smiley Happy Smiley Happy  I used ti last night to see what it was like, a bit weird coz it goes slow then speeds up and then slows down again, strange sensation xxxx

Community Champion

ann

And some  xx.  He used it last night, ok all in all it took a half hour for him to get into bed with a little help from me, but when you think he has not moved out of the chair in the lounge for over a week, it was more about him getting his legs working again, considering it was taking over 2/3 hours it can only get better.  The lift itself takes 40 seconds to go up and down, the rest of time was him getting to and from it .

xxx

Oh Girleys

Weeeeeee !!!! - I've just come down Colin and Helena's stair lift. Hang on - Whooooooop - that's me going 'up' !!! Corr, it's absobloominlutely BRILL . Awwww, my darlin Lady H,  I'm so bloomin pleased for you two (obviously!! smileywinkSmiley Happy, cos it's quite emotional, even to me, how such a thing as your stair lift throne, is gonna make a humongous difference to Col and you.

On a completely different vein - Has anyone else been following James Martin's American Adventure? I only watched it tonight, because it slots into Friday nights double Corrie episodes. Can't understand it. He is raving about American food and eating what?? Deep fried butter balls !! Literally  deep  fried  BUTTER  balls!!! of all things. That's like a heart attack in a mouthful.  Cooked a mountain of Blueberry pancakes topped with whipped cream, mapel syrup and his own blueberry syrup, with just a "bit" of sugar, i.e. 6-7 dessertspoonfuls!! Showed us how to deep FRY a whole chicken. On my single trip to America, Florida, I got fed up that EVERYthing was covered in batter and fried. I longed for some simple unadulterated huge prawns. It's no wonder so many Americans are sooo overweight. And when so many Brits are too, why make it worse, James!!

LesleyLush - Thank goodness you posted. I was getting worried! Harry-carrey and all that! Smiley Wink Interesting then, that you chopped at the Hebe, and it's now being dug up!! Keep swinging on your swing, sweet girlie.

Lotsa x's, me xxxxxxxxx

Community Champion

That’s so good to hear, Helena & it must be such a relief for you both xxx

So happy for you both Lady H xx

Community Champion

Lesley

Oh it is godsend, I got really emotional, Colin used it a little uncertain as that was the furthest he has walked in over a week but just to see him not having to struggle I hugged the chap, he has really changed our lives. Can't praise them enough a small family company with loads of personal touch

Xx