62239members
327669posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Re: Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Take every painkiller they suggest Mrs! Glad you’re resting up, although no doubt your needle will be flashing through a tapestry! Xx
Community Champion

Well fluffies

Day 4 started off in a lot of pain, but I now have my meds sorted hopefully that will not happen again because it was awful, expecially as the pain control they pump into you at the hospital has start to wear off which was a very big shock, got a sore coxics and numb bum into the bargin.

Just sitting doing nothing apart from moving around every hour as prescribed.

xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Fluffies

Thank you all fir your lovely messages am off to sleep in my own bed xxx

Glad you're ok Helena and it's all over for you.
Xx

Image result for funny lady in bedSo happy you're back home Helena - but you're still not following docs orders!! Cat Very Happyxxx

And now breathe..... welcome home Helena !
🤗😘
Community Champion

Lesley

I am going to be the model patient recover, relax and rest xx
Community Champion

Janey

I am the rubbish one i didnt post under our thread doh!! Xx

Just popped in to check on Lady H.  That’s great news, all done and dusted.  Now you just need to sit back and do nothing other than your tapestry, read and watch telly.  You’ll find it difficult being such a busy bee but at least you know the garden can look after itself now H, well, as a very new gardener,  I think so anyway.  

Will be looking in for updates on your recovery xx

I’m rubbish messenger, but update to say heading home today! Helena you definitely need to be back here too! Xx

Hope you are recovering well Helena. You are over the worse now!!! Keeping you in my thoughts xx
Community Champion

Thanks so much for the update Janey, I dropped on here just to find out if she was 'done and dusted'. I guess no other update for now, but hoping she is doing well. x

Thanks for letting us know. That is great news xxx

Evening flowers! A quick hello to say heard from our lovely Lady H. She is out of recovery and eating toast! Poor thing was very late to surgery. Xx
Community Champion

Janey

As you would expect from a bowler, I am taking my rinkside bowls bag as it is nice and big Smiley Happy Smiley Happy xxx

Hi Charys and thanks for lovely words. Now waiting on colonoscopy and a scan. Still hoping a bug or maybe pancreatitis rather than anything more sinister. Hope all good with you and yours? Helena I hope it’s a very swish and glamorous bag to fit all of us old bags in! With you all the way virtually tomorrow. Rest up tonight. Lots of love xx
Community Champion

I see also that Janey is due more worries! Mate, I'm really sorry to read this (looked back at your post a page or so ago). I honestly can't believe you've got another horrible set of symptoms and tests to endure....things just aren't fair for some people. Keep us updated, and of course, so hoping that your results show nothing more than the most simple and treatable of annoyances. x

Community Champion

Charys

Thank you darling, that is really appreciated.  Will be in touch when I am the other side of it all xxxxx

Community Champion

Hiyer all,

Dropping in to wish the lovely Lady H all the very very best for the long-awaited op. They'll take good care of you H, which is nothing more than you deserve. So so hoping that you have a quick recovery and that the results are exactly what you'd hope. Will be thinking of you x

Community Champion

Janey

I have a great big bag for you all to climb into xxx

Helena, I hope you manage to smuggle us all in with you virtually hiding in your pockets xx
Community Champion

Julie

They said 2/3 days so I am hoping that I will be out on Thursday but if not then Friday xxx

Community Champion

Wombat Woo

thank you so much for that xxxx

I'm sure all will be fine Helena. How long do you expect to be in?
Xx

Morning Helena. Sending you lots of love and gentle hugs that everything will go as planned this time

😘&🤗
Community Champion

Julie

Thanks mate, I really need it to happen this time fed up of waiting around, I am getting cabin fever before I have even had the op now as I have not really been up to doing much until this week, so a lot of sitting around which is doing my head in.

xxxx

Hi Helena
Fingers crossed for you this time. Will be thinking of you.
Julie x
Community Champion

Morning fluffies

It is a lovely autumn morning here today, we didnt have the forcast heavy rain which was forcast for yesterday so I think the oscillator will have to come out as the ground looks as dry as it was before.

Well only two sleeps now and I will be doing the journey to the hospital again, hopefully with the expected outcome of my having the op.  Feeling scared, which I suppose is only natural, but trying to keep myself busy, harder as it gets closer.

Hope everyone is well and have a lovely Sunday xxxx

Thanks Ann. I’m hoping it’s somehow connected to not having a gallbladder! X
Community Champion

Thinking of you for Thursday, Janey. As ever, it always the waiting around & uncertainty which is needed like a hole in the head when going through this.
ann xxx

Lesley I hope you and yours have had a better week.  Definitely watch Bodyguard on Catch up if you can.  We are loving Killing Eve as well...anything to distract!  Thank you for lovely words.  No real update and still feeling very nauseous and pained.  I had all appointments slightly out of sync last week.  I met with my lovely surgeon for annual review last Monday.  She was really supportive and suggested I should probably have scan on liver, but with bloods the next day couldn't advise further.  She reassured me I wasn't being a hypochondriac and also asked about ovaries, as my symptoms also could indicated ovarian cancer.  As I don't have any, that was at least one worry off the list!  Anyway, I had the gastroscope on Thursday and results of blood tests.  Both were normal.  I had hoped they would find an ulcer or something to put my mind to rest, but nothing found.  The pain and nausea feel so similar to those I had years ago with gallbladder, but I don't have one of those either (I seem to be missing quite a few organs!!).  Back to the GP on Thursday and hoping some simple explanation can be found.  Would be lying though if I said I wasn't worried.  In my 53 years I don't think I've ever lost my appetite and every pound lost usually a real struggle - Also can't believe I'm worried by weight loss! Despite this, I'm enjoying a lovely day off with sunshine and a coffee with a friend planned for later on today.  Sending love to all of you fluffies xx

Evening Willows,

Glad to hear you’re feeling a bit better Lady H, the cough is always the worse and longest lasting bit, also pleased to hear you’re taking it easy.

Oh Janey, what a worry, you seem to go from one thing to another.  Will be keeping everything crossed for a good result.  Himself had worrying liver results last week when in hospital.  He had same test about 6weeks or so ago, and they were fine then so they were puzzled.  Might be down the the stupid gp prescribing antibiotics with contra indications so they’re going to re test in a month and hope they are back to normal then.  In the meantime third lot of antibiotics still not having any effect on his infection.

im still limping, sore and bruised from my fall 3weeks ago, honestly, what a lot we are!

Everyone is talking about The Bodyguard, didn’t watch it, hope they repeat it as everyone is raving over it.

Right, time for painkillers and bed, what an exciting life xx

Community Champion

Bodyguard OMG !!!

Community Champion

Janey

Oh I am being the model patient, if I do not feel up to doing something I will not do it, tomorrow is another day and I might well feel more up to it.  I am going to make the most of the time off that I have now to get as much rest as possible, if the weather is good I will potter round the garden but I am certainly not going to do anything like I was before.

Sending you loads of hugs and love for your appointments my friend, we are all there by your side  xxxx

Community Champion

Dizzy

thank you for that, yes I know exactly what you mean about the forum, I did find it later as I had had my op and results but I really do not know what I would have and would do without it and the wonderful ladies on here.  It is so true, at the time you can not see a future and then all of a sudden we are there xxx

Community Champion

Lesley

Oh my dear just catching up. So sorry to hear that your OH is having so many problems and I really hope he turns the corner very soon.

Feeling a lot better albeit that I have an annoying cough now but sooooo much better than I was 3 days ago xxx

Thanks Ann and it’s a yes from me to “Killing Eve” as well. My rational head is winning tonight! X
Community Champion

Lovely to bear from you, Janey & Dizzy.
Sorry you’ve got that anxiety hanging over you Janey & inevitably we leap to the ‘what ifs,’ but it’s being checked out, hopefully all’s well & there’s a more straightforward reason for it.
The Bodyguard will certainly be a distraction, we’re also watching ‘Killing Eve’ on iplayer - another good distraction!!!
There’s so much good stuff on at the mo.
Love to all
ann 💖

What I didn’t add was that I share your thoughts exactly Dizzy, even when quiet here, you are all there understanding everything xx

Evening flowers 💐 So sorry to hear you’re going through it still Lesley. You must be due a replacement nurse Ratchett outfit by now! Helena I hope you’re resting up ready for d day mark 2. Do think of you all even when off line. Have been busy throwing myself into work, garden and getting a bit fitter but brought up short the last few weeks, with symptoms causing GP (and definitely me!) some concern, so once again scrolling through threads on here! Bad gastric problems and now booked in for liver function bloods on Tuesday and 2 week referral for investigations. My hope is it’s simething “simple” like an ulcer, but can’t stop scrolling through liver mets threads 😩and hoping one of my primaries has not decided to misbehave! Thankfully I have surgical follow up tomorrow, so will share concerns there as well. In the meantime I’m making the most of visiting family time and trying not to get too excited about Bodyguard Finale later, which will be a great distraction. Sending hugs to all xx

I meant to say Happy Cancerversary Helena, I thought two years felt like a bit of a milestone, its not the recent past any more. I have to think now to remember which year it was. Funny how when you're in the middle of it, you can't imagine what afterwards will be like, but we all get there, piece by piece.

I'm so grateful for this forum, and everyone on here, I couldn't have done without you!

Community Champion

Hi Lesley,

Sorry to hear about your husband, it sounds like you're getting you money's worth out of the nhs at the mo, although of course, it's not where you both want to be.  Do hope it settles down soon.

ann x

So sorry op cancelled Lady H, really hoping you feel better soon and get the op over and done with and on the road to recovery pdq.

Yes, lots to thank our wonderful NHS for.  The past few weeks I’m starting to feel like the hospital is home.  Himself is in and out like a yo-yo.  Yesterday dash in an ambulance with him for the fourth time this year, might as well leave one parked in our drive.  Got him home now and nurse Ratchet has her uniform on yet again.

waiting for our lovely gardener to come and cut the grass and would you believe it, now we finally actually have some  to cut it’s started raining so she’ll ptobably have to cancel, plus it’s windy and chilly, think it’s time for heating to go on.  

Wishing you all a lovely weekend xx

Perhaps a little celebration then.... or even a big one !!!! Xx
Community Champion

Cant believe that 2 years tomorrow I was diagnosed wtih bc, so much has happened in that time I can not believe where the time has gone, but I am still here and very grateful to the wonderful medical teams at the QE Birmingham for everything they have done for me  xxx

Community Champion

Wombat Woo

Thank you xx  Feeling a little better this evening as I have slept a lot today which has helped after all the stress of yesterday

helena xxx

Hope the antibiotics are kicking in lady B x
Community Champion

Op cancelled because my temperature high and oxygen levels not sufficient to undergo surgery.  I am off to the docs tomorrow to check if I need antibiotics as I have had a call this afternoon to say rebooked for 9 October and I so want to make sure that I am totally well for then.

xxx

What rotten luck Lady H, fingers crossed they will go ahead with op or at least give you another date not too far away, it’s been a long wait for you without further delay.  Will be thinking of you.  Thank you for kind words, hopefully things will get better soon xx

Community Champion

Lesley

Oh mate sorry to hear that you have been struggling and I really hope that things are starting to get better, sending you loads of hugs.

Thank you darling for your wise words, I am hoping I am going to still be able to have my op on Tuesday as I have come down with a stinking cold and sore throat.  Going to ring the hospital tomorrow to see what they say, it could only happen to me Smiley Sad Smiley Sad xx