62348members
328149posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Re: Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

They told Mike that after his hip replacement he'll need to contact the insurers to see when he's covered to drive again. Hopefully it'll be no more than six weeks or I think we'll both be stir crazy!

Doh! Sped read your post Ann! X
Community Champion

No Janey, this is post caesarean section 👶, so a lower abdo incision - obviously! Xx

Ah I wonder if she had laparoscopic, as that is less time out of the driving seat? Xx
Community Champion

Hmm, interesting. A family member who is 3 weeks post C section, is now driving after checking with her insurers & this is was what she was advised. Also, from work, others have been advised similarly, so we tend to advise checking with the insurers.
ann x

I was definitely told 6 weeks otherwise insurers would be able to wriggle out of any claim - hopefully your brother can don a chauffeur cap! Xx
Community Champion

ann and Janey

I was told that I had to wait 6 weeks by the hospital!! alsoI read that if you drive before then and have a crash your insurance company could invalidate your insurance in the case of a claim, so I thought it was prudent to wait.  Although when I sat in the car the other day to turn the engine over as it has not been started for 3 weeks, it did not feel too bad, perhaps because I have an automatic and therefore would not need to depress the clutch.

There is a booklet that the pre op assessment sister gave me and in there it suggests trying to depress the clutch after 4 weeks, if it hurts stop and try again in a few days time.

Beautifully sunny morning here today and it is forcast to be around 14 defrees so might toddle up the road a bit for a walk.  The frost from yesterday has seen off the plants that were still in flower but they are going to have to wait until i am able to get in the garden to be sorted.

xxx

My partner’s an instructor. He took me out to check I could do an emergency stop. I had to remind him I wasn’t on a test 😂
Community Champion

Helena
My understanding about driving post op, is that as long as you can wear a seatbelt & do an emergency stop, then it’s ok to drive, but obviously, best to check with insurance though.
xxx
Community Champion

ann

Booked to have my hair cut next Friday so I will be happy to be seen outside after that, my hair is like a lump of lard with my not being able to shower xx

Community Champion

Janey

I know in a way it has gone really quickly.  yep no driving for six weeks, car is teasing me as I can see it from the lounge window, although I did go out yesterday and start the engine to warm the car up as it had not been started since before my op.

When I rang about my op results the secretary said if there had been anything sinister i would have heard almost straight away so fingers crossed for you xxxx

Community Champion

Charys

Yep I am not allowed to drive for six weeks, nor lift anything heavy, iron, vaccum etc., mind you I dont miss the latter two and my brother is doing a great job, might tell him I need to have him do it for a few weeks more than that Smiley Happy Smiley Happy xx

Community Champion

Hi Janey, Well, I’d certainly go with no news is good news & all the best for next week, it will certainly be good to get that out of the way.
Getting a bit of cabin fever is a good sign, Helena & enjoy hetting out next week
Hi 👋 Charys!
Love to everyone
ann 💖

Evening all. I can’t believe you’re already 3 and a half weeks on Helena. 6 weeks will be a magic moment. You can drive again - well when you can do an emergency stop! I’ve had no news from CT, so half hopeful nothing untoward spotted. That said my friend took 2 weeks to hear there was a problem! I have colonoscopy Friday next week, so will be glad to get last test out of the way. Hope you’re all keeping warm and love to all xx
Community Champion

Ah granulation, I know a bit about that as it can occur on stomas I believe and in tracheostomy surgeries.

Everything sounds like it is going really well. Glad you are off the pain meds too, you know things are quickly improving when that happens. Is it 6 weeks you aren't allowed to drive or longer?

Community Champion

Charys

On the whole I am doing really well and feel well.

Still being treated for the small area of my scar that has not healed properly, however even that is turning a corner now and should only be another couple of visits to the nurse to sort it.  It is apparently over granulating now so they are applying an iodine dressing every other day, cant wait to be able  to have a shower as I am allergic to waterproof dressings which has stopped me having one.

It is is three and half weeks now post op, occasional internal twinges but there is a lot to heal inside, I am off all meds now, havent had a paracetamol since Sunday, not because I am being "brave" just not felt the need for them.

Hoping to get out and about next week to get my hair cut and perhaps out for lunch with a friend, getting a bit of cabin fever now.

xxx

Community Champion

Hey H !

I was thinking that too.......incredibly incredibly quiet. I think its kinda natural, and healthy actually, people moving on and living lives. I still pop on here and have a look in.....and my footsteps echo.....lol

Hows yer insides getting on ? ..and your outsides for that matter ? LOL

Community Champion

Hello fluffies

Gosh this thread has gone very quiet lately, I hope that is because you are all getting on with things and doing well.

Cant believe it is already November, where has this year gone to?  We have had a lovely day here today although it is starting to go cold now, think we are forcast a light frost tonight, I am soooo glad that I dont even have to think about going to work at the moment.

Helena xxx

Community Champion

Over70

Thank you darling xxx How are you doing?

Community Champion

Juliewulie

Thank you so much xx

Community Champion

Janey

thank you xx  Think I will sleep well tonight with just the relief of knowing xxx

Community Champion

ann

Thank you so much, celebrated with a rather large glass of wine Smiley Happy Smiley Happy xx

Hurray for good news xx

Really pleased for you Helena.

Julie xx

Fabulous fabulous news. Celebrate!!! 🎉🎉xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Fantastic, Helena! xxx

Community Champion

Charys

You are totally bonkers my darling Smiley Happy Smiley Happy xxx

Community Champion

YAYYYYYAYYAYyay again, which I've already done in different words, but adding it a further time. Smiley LOL

Community Champion

Fluffies

Wanted to share my good news with you all.  It was a benign cysts in my womb so all good, onwards and upwards to my recovery now

Love to you all

Helena xxx

Community Champion

Hey Dizzy and Ann! Nice to see you both too. Smiley Very Happy

Afternoon fluffies!

Just got back from on holiday to some beautiful weather here, we even got the grass cut.

While we were away we came across a chapel dedicated to Saint Agatha, who is the patron saint of breast cancer sufferers. Okay, she does a whole heap of other things as well, (so to speak!) But I was tickled to find out we have our own saint.

Love to all

Xxx

Community Champion

Good evening lovely fluffies
Thinking of you Janey, not really what you needed, but at least they’re being thorough x
Hellooo Charys, lovely to hear from you
Onwards & upwards Helena, it sounds like you’re doing very well with it all & at least it gave your brother something to do & a clean floor!
Have lovely hols, Ww
ann xxx
Community Champion

Whey hey Ladies

Oh how lovely to come on and see your posts.

Janey absolutely in your pocket and they are just being ultra cautious as they are with us xx

Wombat Woo - are you away or just having time at home? xx

Charys - peek a boo, yep we have talked elsewhere.

I am trying to be as patient as a patient with is not patient can be!!  Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy  Didnt manage a walk today but I did manage to have a shower without flooding the bathroom this time, I am using Colin's overbath seat and had not quite got the hang of getting the water off the seat and me before I turned it to face outwards.  Well the floor needed cleaning anyway and it gave my brother something to do Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Sending you all fluffy huggles xxxx

Hello! I’m here too ... not a particularly happy bunny, as have been called in for a CT scan on Weds. I was so thrilled to have no evidence of liver mets, I ignored him saying my bile duct was enlarged. He had said it's not uncommon without a gallbladder, so I thought no more about it. MDT obviously thought worth another look. Feeling a bit fed up but have thrown myself into garden and relished this fabulous weather. Topped off with a lovely walk on the Quay. Hope everyone else is doing well and sunshine helping you’re recovery Helena! Xx

Hi fluffiest. I am here - just quiet as on hols !!! H keep healing !!! Hope your all well ?
Hugs xxxx
Community Champion

I'm hereeeeeeee,

I know we've spoken 'elsewhere' about your rehab H, I think you are doing wonderfully.

I KNOW! Its so oddly quiet on here, just the two of us then H ? LOL

Community Champion

Hi fluffies

This thread has gone very quiet and I hope that is because everyone is getting on with their normal lives.

Lee I dont know if you are still checking in on here, but was wondering how you are doing and sending you hugs.

Delly How are you dear you have gone very quiet.

Lesley how are things with you as well mate xx

Well it is a lovely sunny sunday morning here.  am 12 days post surgery and apart from a tiny bit of my scar that is refusing to heal on the whole feeling good, I think the fog of the aneasthetic completely lifted yesterday as I felt infinitely more myself for which I am grateful

Have a lovely Sunday whatever you are doing today xxxx

Community Champion

Chary

Well I am 9 days post surgery now, doing ok still in a low level of discomfort but feel it most in the mornings after sleeping on my side and not having had meds for several hours but it soon sorts itself out once I have them.  Taking things very slowly cant do anything else Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

xxx

Community Champion

Great news Janey!!!! What a relief to know its something 'minor' and yet explainable.

Hows you getting on now Lady H?

Thanks lovelies xxx
Community Champion

ahhh, that's brilliant, Janey, what a relief

ann xxx

Community Champion

Janey

That is fabulous news relax and enjoy your evening xxxx

Afternoon flowers. Thank you for all of the positive vibes. I had a very thorough ultrasound. So relieved to say no evidence of mets. I do have liver cysts, which can cause pain, bloating and feeling full, so probable explanation. The relief I feel is incredible and thank you all for being there xxx
Community Champion

Wombat Woo

Have a fab holiday you lucky lady getting away from this weather xxx

Community Champion

Janey

We are all in your pockets tomorrow xx

Community Champion

Thinking of you for tomorrow, Janey xxx

Have a fabulous holiday x

Onwards and upwards Helena
Janey I will keep everything crossed for good news...

I am off to Cyprus tomorrow on holibobs but will be thinking of you all.... 😘🤗

Another step forward, which is great Helena. I’m just picking up today’s paper after lovely distracting afternoon at pictures. Not sure chortling helped my Tum much! Ultrasound tomorrow morning, so hopefully some idea soon of what’s causing the problem. Love to all xx
Community Champion

Hello fluffies

Well had my staples out this morning and the scar is looking good, going back fo check up on Tuesday.

It has been a very wet day here today so really good that I am indoors and not mithering about what I could do in the garden Smiley Happy

Hope you are all well and enjoying whatever you are doing

xxx