cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

10,812 REPLIES 10,812
Highlighted

Re: Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Jill - Yes, I went into the thread to read the post, but it's a bit of a strange link to some numbers.

Ohhh, I'm really sorry to hear you're still having soo much to contend with. What genetic disorder is it Jill??

You don't have to answer tonight. I'm off to bo-bo's.

Nighty night flower xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Delly ,I think someone did post there so not a hoaxer - but wise to be wary .Im still having a lot of problems with joints and bones - diagnosed with a genetic disorder that is behind this but the treatment is only accessible via national funding panel and long process - so still hobbling around on my crutches .

Highlighted

Hi Jill

Thanks for your hug. How are you lovey? I remember you having a lot of discomfort with your joints, was it your knee as well?

I thought someone had sparked up your old "Need a Hug or Kick Up Backside" thread, when I had a notice. Had a look, but I'm always a bit hesitant to open strange looking links on posts, aren't you?  XXX 

Highlighted

Hi Helena

Am just wanting to say "Hi", and thinking about you often. Hope you're doing okay, flower. I don't doubt having your difficult moments with grieving, probably many of them.  But I hope you're also able to derive some comfort and solace from thinking and talking with family and friends about happy memories you have. Daft things that made you laugh. Lovely places you went to, holidays and such.

I was doing some reading on the mind.org.uk site last week. Noticed a section on "bereavement" and had a read of. You may be interested to have a look at it yourself, as there's some really helpful info, plus useful contacts/links should you be struggling at all.  There's even a section on Pet bereavement - Awww - never to be underestimated.

I went to a talk on bereavement, after my Mum died, given by a counsellor. Found it helped explain the different sorts of reactions you/people can have to and different effects losing someone can have on you. Plus different stages - the you can't believe to begin with, acceptance, some people go through an "angry" stage, "Why have you left me?" - feel abandoned.

Are you still off work, Helena?  

Lee - Hope you and Tone are staying well and virus free. Was he having a problem with his legs (was it?) a short while back? If so, are they okay now? Yeh, I too hope your daughter finds another job soon, after things have settled again. BTW - I'm an avid fan of "The Bondi Vet" programmes. Love 'em, and anything else animal wise.

Am just having some chuckles watching "Two and a Half Men" - the more recent ones with the hunky Ashton Kutcher 😊 (as oppo Charlie Sheen ☹️). Find they and repeats of, repeats of, repeats of (!) "Friends" great for a giggly lift.

Hope everyone else is okey dokey too. Lots of love to you all, from DoolallyDelly xxx xxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Lee

Very sensible my dear. Sorry to hear about your daughter, hopefully when this is over she will get a job xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Delly

I am very much better. I went back to work on Monday, however as of yesterday i am working from for the foreseeable. My boss was really concerned about me having recently been ill.

Keep safe xxxx

Highlighted

Hi Delly and others fluffies 💕

lovely to see a post here during this crazy time. Aussie spirit is working against us as we are lagging behind in lockdown so Tone and I have self isolated with a few exceptions. I’ve taken leave from the library but my daughter lost her job today so will be coming home. Take care everyone, we are special 💕💕💕

Highlighted

Hi lovely Lady Helena

Just thinking about you sweetie, and checking in. Hope you're doing okay (are you??), have got over your cold and are now back to work, current circumstances permitting? 

Goes without saying, I hope all other lovely Fluffs are okay too.

Lots of love to the rest of you-hoo's,  Dellypoo-hoos!  x x x x

Highlighted

Helena - Thanks for your well wishes. Ah shucks to the curry scrounge. Was worth a try!! George C. 'll be round later with a big hug - free one too. I hope you're on the better side of your cold.

Wombat - Hi flower. Thanks for asking and "UH" extra squeeezy hug. Crikey, skinny body's just gone back into shape 😋  Hope you are well too. Lots of love and hug back.

Same goes to and for everyone.  xxxxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Wombat woo

Thank you for your lovely message, sending you hugs. 

Helena xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Delly

No its a curry for one!!

I have been off this week using up annual leave and getting over the cold that i finally gave into at the weekend. Back to work on Monday xxx

Highlighted

Lovely ladies - I hope you are all well and keeping very safe at these difficult times 

sending big squeezy virtual hugs to you all 

Helena & Delly. Extra squeezy hugs to you both 

😘😷❤️

Highlighted

Hey Lady Helena, good to hear from you.

Am wondering if perhaps you aren't working, maybe still off?

I'm so glad to hear you've some good supporting friends around you. Are you sharing your special curry with someone tonight? Let me know if not - I'll pop over!! Also, I'll check my bookings, see if Mr Clooney's available for a special hug!

Lee - How's your Tony now?

A warm "Hi" and lots of love to everyone else.  xxxxxxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Delly

Thank you darling for your lovely words. I will get there one day just putting one foot in front of the other. Today is a sort of goid and bad day, it is 20 years today that we started going out together, when asked if i fancied a curry 😊😢, so guess what i am having for dinner tonight!!

I am so sorry that you have been struggling these past few months but sincerely hope you are at least starting to feel better. 

I know what you mean about accessing pm's, i was struggling two weeks ago it would not let me see the full message or allow me to reply.

Helena xxx

Highlighted

Oh Helena, darlin girl.

I cannot find enough words to tell you how sorry, sad, and shocked I am to read your news of Colin.

I can only imagine how devastated, heartbroken, bereft and reeling you must be feeling. 

I'm dreadfully sorry I'm so late in posting my heartfelt sympathy. Haven't been on posting for such a long time, which is very unusual for me, but been in such a nasty hole the last couple of months.

I did log on, early March, and tried to access your email response to mine of 13/2, but whichever way I tried, I just could not get it to open to read, wouldn't allow me. Got so fed up I just gave up and logged off without reading anything else, so have only just read it, not expecting such shattering news from you.

Bit of a weird coincidence that your reply to mine saying "Just thinking about you, how are you both, how's Col, has he improved?" having been so shortly after on that very same day! Maybe I'd picked up on something through the ether?!

Have just read through the many messages of sympathy and support on here. So many hearts and thoughts with you, sweetheart. As truly are mine also.

I hope you're somehow managing to stay strong.

Much love to you

Delly x x x x ❤️ 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Lots of glitches still ☹️

Highlighted
Community Champion

Jill

Oh great another issue!!  there always seems to be something with the site

Helena xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Helena ,there seems to be issues accessing the private messages for some people at the moment all I get is the pink breastcancernow logo obscuring them so you can't read them - it's been reported to mods .Hope you are ok .

Highlighted
Community Champion

Lee

Just wondering how Tony is getting on xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Lee

Did you manage to open the message xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Lee

I am doing this on my phone after having signed in. In the top right hand corner, i have a picture of a bell, one of an envelope and then my avator. If you click on the envelope it should open and you will be able to access any messages you have xx

Highlighted

Thank you, but I don’t know where to find it xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Lee

I am sending you a pm now.

Helena xxx

Highlighted

Helena, I’m feeling so much sadness for you. Ironically I’ve jumped on here especially to talk to you. Over many posts I’ve got to know you and through you Colin. My question to you was ... ‘how do you go on, with your own health limitations when your husband has ill health?’ I was feeling overwhelmed as my Tony is in hospital (three days now) with a blood clot in his leg (the one with limited circulation). I’ve been so scared for him as he was actually starting to run and now he’s laid up with acute swelling and feeling very low emotionally.

And then ... I started reading and realised your heartbreaking news. 

I could have just sent my love, and I still do, but I needed to share my experience with you knowing you’d understand. I send you the biggest warm and caring hug across the ocean.

Lee xxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Ali

Thank you darling. It is all very surreal but I have a wonderful network of friends supporting me as well as all the love and support i have from you incredible ladies on here xxxx

Highlighted

Dear Helena

Just wanted you to know I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. I hope you are bearing up. You have always been a great support to me everyone on this forum. I hope you can take strength from the knowledge we are thinking of you and send best wishes and many gentle hugs. Bless you Helena 💓💓xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Julie

Thank you darling xxx

Highlighted

So sorry Helena. Sending you all my love.

Julie xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Bernard 

Thank you so much for your lovely words, they are very much appreciated. 

I am getting so much love and support from the wonderful ladies on here, a lit who have been with me for several years on our journey with bc, it us very comforting.

Helena xxx

Highlighted
Community Manager

Dear ladybowler

I am sending you our warmest condolences on behalf of everyone at Breast Cancer Now.

We are keeping you in our thoughts, and we are wishing you comfort and peace during this difficult time. 

Sending you our love

Bernard

Highlighted

Re: Colin

Hi Helena

my dear I am so heart sad to hear of your news. So sudden and so very hard to bear 

please know I am sending hugs and love to you 

no words can ease the pain you are feeling, happy memories and your love for Colin will always win out over the dark times 

take very good care of yourself xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Colin

Charys

I know in time i will learn to accept it, i have so many lovely memories of our twenty years together, there were tough times especially with my bc and him not being able to support me as he would wish but he has been my rock and one constant in my life, i miss him so much but he is here in my heart and will guide me in the days to come and onwards. Xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Colin

Lovely Lady H,

I know I've already replied to you via instant messaging, but just wanted to come on here and document my deep and heartfelt condolences to you. The loss of your Colin must be something that is profoundly painful and shocking right now, I know the love you had for each other and the ways you cared for each other and completed each others' lives. I'm so terribly sorry to read this news, and I can only hope that in the time ahead you find some peace and happiness in your memories and joy in the love you shared. I can't imagine how lost you are feeling, and don't really have words to express how sad I feel for you. Please take care xx

Highlighted

Helena, so sorry to hear your sad news. Just to say I am thinking of you and sending you a hug. 
Butterfly xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Fluffies 

I am so sorry to be writing this but i lost my beautiful colin yesterday, he passed away suddenly. He had been diagnosed with a bloid clot to the lungs and was doing really well but his poor heart couldnt take any more. I was with him to the end but am so lost without the love of my life xxx

Highlighted

Have another possible venture, due to some ladies needing/wanting to vent some BC "anger", so I'm trialing it all this month. Hiring out "Punch Bags". Thought it might preserve a few marriages or friendships.  xxx

Highlighted

Hellooooo Lovely Fluffs

I was chuffed to have a few notifications for some activity on this beloved thread.

I could complain that you'd all abandoned me, lonely Dellywelly Smiley Sad, but fortunately there are 1000's of others on this wonderful Forum I can carry on annoying, so you're forgiven Smiley LOL

Lee- Sooo good to hear from you, and that you're both doing well. Your Tony - talk about Bionic Man!! That's amazing, or rather "he" is. But they do say, behind every strong man is a good woman, don't they. I'm sure that's both ways with you two though. 

Ladybowler/Helena - I'd wondered why all the china shops in Brum were closed and boarded up. I now know your running is the reasonSmiley LOLHeart  How are you and Col? Is he still downstairs, or back to using his stair chariot yet?

Dizzydarlin and Wombat - So lovely to hear from you too. Hope you're both doing well too.

That goes for everyone else who isn't present.

I've been incredibly busy with a new business venture, a "Dial-a-Hug" Delivery service, set up from reading various women's mention of surgeons looking like (in your imaginations, wishful thinking I think), or pre-op dreams of, Mr George Clooney!! Seems to be a huge favourite, so he's on a contract. You can book your time, 5mins, 10mins etc. Ist minute's "free", over that is metered. I have Brad Pitt as a substitute, although I'm currently watching Tom Sellack, who always looks like he'd be a good, hunky "hugger". May just give him a call when this films finished, set something up, as George is now so booked up. But I also keep having problems with women monopolising him and running up huge bills, which they then can't pay, so I'm afraid it's "Pay Up Front" now, ladies.

Any other "handsome hunk" suggestions, just let me know, and I'll see what I can do. Have to think about the same sex ladies too, so yet to sort out some suitable gals.

Just off to order myself an Aston Martin - who'd have thought it hey, all this wealth just from "Hugs". Move over Sir Alan Sugar, or Sir Richard Branson.

Lots of love to everyone, Doolally  xxxxxxx 

Highlighted

So lovely to hear good news 😊👍🌝

Highlighted

Lee, that's great news. You and Tony have been through such a lot, so its lovely to hear things are going so well now. Well done to both of you.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Lee

That is fantastic news. The power of determination, you and your man is amazing. Ha ha tell him you should see me when, and it is not often, i run looks like i am heading full pelt into a china shop 😂😂

Helena xxx

Highlighted

Yes it will 💕

people do amazing things (just look at the fluffies) and life gets better a little bit at a time xxx

Highlighted

You always make me smile.

yes me and Tony (well done you) are going well. Tony, the bloke who was going to stay in a wheelchair and then was lucky to walk has started running again. He calls it walk, waddle, run but he’s doing it haha.

love and hugs, Lee xxx

Highlighted

Happy 2020, and sending wishes for a healthy year 💕

love Lee xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hello fluffies

Happy new year, may 2020 bring you all health and happiness

Helena xx

Highlighted

Happy New Year, wishing you all a happy, healthy and stress free 2020.

🥂

Highlighted

And to you Delly - cheers !!!

here’s sending love and health to you all

wombat xxxxx

Highlighted

Hi Fluffs

Just posted this on another thread and thought I'd add it here as it has New Year wishes too and is shades of Rubycat. It's the spit of my beloved Chloe, minus the antlers.

A VERY HAPPY AND A VERY HEALTHY NEW YEAR to ALL xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  

Highlighted

And a pre "Bonne Annee", Wombat, to you and friends in France. Had to delve into my dim memories of school day French there.

Great to see you DarlinDizz

Helena - Those fireworks I attached to Cols stair lift for his earlier coming home party were supposed to provide some rocket propulsion and colour, not scare him off it. Though I did secretly add one of those farty noise whoopee cushions to it as well!! Didn't mention that, did I. Mmmm, Sorry, could have been that. I take things a bit too far sometimes. Naughty Dellydingdong. I too hope things change for you both in the oncoming New Year.

Hope Lee and hubby (is it Tony? couldn't quite remember) are both well.

That goes for everyone else too, of course.

Lotsa lurrrv to everyone xxxxxxx     

Highlighted
Community Champion

Dizzy happy boxing day. It is wet and dull here total change from yesterday. Sounds a perfect way to spend the day xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Delly 

It was just the two of us, colin is doing ok still not walking yet and based in the front bedroom, but 2020 is going to see that all change i know it!! xxx