1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Cla46

Re: Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

I'm not really sure what she is ? we were given her when she was a tiny kitten ,she was recused by our friend from a terrible situation and she was in a terrible state . She was full of fleas and some on her where bigger than her tiny eyes . That's why she's so spoilt now . Xxx 

Charys
Community Champion

Did my advice help Rubycat.....or was it your own cleverness unaided?! See now we have a problem, as you won't know if we are talking to you or the real Rubycat. Maybe you should become RCM....Ruby cat's Mummy? Rubycat is very lovely, and I'm so pleased to hear she was rescue. She is very unusual, I was imagining a longer coat like many tortoise shell's have. I like trying to work out the parentage of cats, as they are all so different. If I get another, which I'd love to in the blink of an eye, it would be rescue and not pedigree this time. Our first cat was a moggy and seemed so incredibly road aware, the beautiful dream cat in looks and personality which was killed on the road (not even that close by us) was so unable to learn road safety and I'm wondering if related to breeding. 

I think Blinx might have some tortoiseshell and mixed tabby background....or am I wrong? Probably, I'm no great cat expert, just didn't know tabby could be so long coated. She has THE longest whiskers I have ever seen on a cat. Actually, did you put her picture up here before....because I'm sure I recognise her? She's looking REALLY good for 14!

rubycat

I'm going to have a lie down, all this cleverness has exhausted me!!Cat Winkxxx

rubycat

Purrs Clair Cat Very Happy

rubycat

Although I do love Mac, my affections are usually reserved for moggies, and I'm now going to give my devotion to Blinx, what a beauty.Cat Very Happy We got Ruby 2 years ago, when she was about 3 from Blue Cross.  We'd always had tabbycats before cos I adore them, well, all cats really.

Oh Charys, so horrible to lose your lovely pusscat. Yes, you're right, there's nothing like a cat.

Hope you're not down with the lurgy Janey, although anastrozole related is no better either. Hugs eitherway.

Now going to see if I can make Ruby my avatar, back in six hours I expect!! Cat Very Happyxxx

Cla46

Hello beautiful   Rubycat xxx 

rubycat

P1000278 (2).JPGHooray, so excited, Rubycat is here. Cat Very HappyCat Very HappyCat Very Happyxxx

Cla46

Our much loved Blinx who is 14 years old bless her xxx image.jpeg

Charys
Community Champion

YES !!!!! Cat pictures are needed. Always. My beloved young boy was killed on the road over a year ago, and although I have other animals, there's NOTHING like a cat.

Jannneyyyyyyyyyyy, you sure its a bug, not the dreaded HORMONE STUFF ???

Charys
Community Champion

Okey Dokey Delly......I think I might try a 'time out' test and see if my load/discard thing works. Keep a jotted note of your findings and we will add them to the 'time out' thread.

Lily - You are SOOOOoooo right, gosh you get this 'craft' thing don't you! I'm so entirely ready, with everything done, that I have just made countless white silver and purple tassles to decorate my daughter's presents.

Beth - THAT my friend, is a simply AWESOME looking bakewell tart. Who would expect anything different from you? My absolute favourite, I am particularly fond of the costa version, which they call something else of course.

Helena - He's back....but not before we had a 'conference' shopping experience at Pets At Home. 5 minutes with me talking him up and down the aisles and describing boxes and their positions. Kind of 'remote shopping' Smiley Frustrated

Cla46

Beth that looks delicious I'll have some please ... Yummy mmmmmm 

Delly  😭 I was so sad when Alan Rickman passed  , did you ever see the film truly madly deeply  with him and Juliet Stevenson ? I break my heart everytime I watch it .... It's been such a terrible year  for losing people 🙁 

we need  pics of our Cats girls  xxxxx 

delly

The actor was ALAN RICKMAN !!!!

Charys I'm timing the "Timing Out" and it's now 12.18. As for when did it start, certainly since I joined this thread. can't remember what or life before it really !!! Noticed Load/Discard at around 1.40, so say 1 1/2, but it's a common occurance for me to be sitting reading and bashing at the keyboard for that length. + you all gossip/talk so much!!!!

I'm just gonna try timing it again. Will be back later.

Janey - Sunflower, I'm so sorry to hear you're not so good today and having a bit of a bummer day. Hope your Onco appointment went ok. I'm sending you an extra hug, just need to change the bulb again from Lesley this morning - she  and I popped TWO bulbs!! It's all that electricity in her head. 

Lesley - Hope you can get your head shifted soon - the pain I meant. You poor woman. Must be horrible/dreadful having a stonking headache for 3 days. I'm feeling extra loving, emotional  and generous today so sending you an extra hug also.

See you later xxxxx

Beth123

Afternoon ladies

its been a busy morning on here!! 

Dearest Delly - I'm so proud of you lady!!! It was a big step that you made yesterday and I'm absolutely chuffed that it went well and that the doctor was gentle and sympathetic. Have a big cwtch from me you lovely lady!!! Xxxx

Lesley you're really suffering with these headaches. Hubby suffers from migraines and when they come, they floor him too. We've worked out over the years that it's either stress of certain smells that set his off. He has to hold his breath if we walk passed Lush in the high street. How people use those bath bombs etc from in there I'll never know.....the smell is sooooo strong. Maybe Delly is right and a head and neck massage might bring some temporary relief.

Helena - hope today is smoother for you with your rads. I suspect that being the Friday before Christmas they'll want to get everyone in and out on time. I'll be thinking about you.

what are we going to do without out daily pics after Christmas!! I strangely look forward to seeing what's there every day lols. Perhaps charys can find some New Years ones for us too??!!!! Pretty please?!!! 😄😄

i hope one everyone who has family arriving or travelling today has a good journey. Weather here isn't great and the wind is strong already. We're picking my dad up later and are all heading to my sisters for supper and a giggle. Being almost 8 years younger than me, she's my baby sis at the ripe old age of 37 😃 and she's an absolute star and I love her dearly. She's even more black and white than I am but cracks me up with her sense of humour. Tonight will,be a scream and I'm looking forward to it even if I do have to wear a bra lols

So to make an effort I've been baking!!! No guesses as to what pmsl but wasn't going to risk anything new just in case it was a disaster!!  

Who wants a slice?!!

have a fab Christmas Eve Eve you lovely lot!! Apologies if I've missed anyone out again but there's so much to keep track of on here!!

beth xxx

image.jpg

Lily59

Hello lovelies,

Nearly Christmas and I'm not nearly ready!! Got loads of packing to do plus cleaning - hate going away and coming back to untidiness!! Also I realised this morning that I had forgotten to put the gift card I bought for my niece in her Christmas card (which I sent last week), so quick Amazon order for another to get to her tomorrow. Then problems with the address as they informed me it was incorrect - so postcode search, etc etc. I really do try to be organised - just always seem to end up rushing around like a headless chicken lol.

Actually I'm beginning to wish I was a headless chicken as my head is thumping again - just like poor Lesley my 'head twin'. Hope you feel better soon Lesley - it's time for your next lot of tablets - I've just had mine xx

Dizzybee - It's so difficult when our family members hurt our feelings and I don't blame you for being a bit p'd off with your brother. Do you think he's afraid to ask how you are because he finds it hard to deal with maybe? As the saying goes 'we can choose our friends but we can't choose our family'. A bit harsh I know but unfortunately true sometimes. xx  Hope your son gets back soon - it's a nightmare travelling around this time of the year. x

Rubycat - My daughter had a cat that sounds very similar to yours - she had dark markings around her eyes in the shape of spectacles so we used to call her Dame Edna. I feel quite sorry for your husband going to town today - why do men leave the Christmas shopping till the last minute? I hope he comes back with something nice for you. (Personally I think I'd rather clean the loo than go shopping - ha ha) xx

Crafty - thank you for the lovely picture presents! Hope you're having a good day. Are you all ready for Christmas or are you still making last minute masterpieces in your crafty way? xx

Janey - I hope your appointment with onc. went well and you can relax a bit now. Did your daughter get back o.k.? xx

Lady Helena - hope no delays for you today - a few days off for you no to rest and recuperate (apart from usual Christmas business that is) xx

Lesley - My heart goes out to you and I'm sending you an extra special hug as I know what it's like to have an evil head - I hate mine! I really hope you have a pain free Christmas - keeping my fingers crossed xx

Clair - hope you're relaxing and spoiling yourself. Thank you for all the lovely pics. xx

Beth - glad you're feeling upbeat - just remember to rest as much as poss which is hard at Christmas xx

Delly - Really proud of you for sorting doctors appointment and getting the ball rolling. It's one of the hardest things to do - ask for help - so big squidgy hugs to you. I hope your note and gift are taken in the spirit in  which they were meant and I think you're lovely for thinking of it. xx

Hope I haven't missed anyone but I if I have I am including you in sending Love and hugs xx

Right - going to get packing now! Off on Christmas Day to Kent and then on 27th to Nottingham - I might need a holiday when I get back!! xxx Lily

Cla46

Not sure what happened there!

Charys your so right people do not change they just got through the motions for a bit! when I was first diagnosed my sister went round to her friends saying "oh my sisters really ill, I can't cope " and went for the all sympathy she could get!!! And if she did anything for me she'd then tell anyone and everyone who'd listen. Drove me mad.. But she's always wanted to be the centre of attention so I shouldn't of been surprised.
Definitely only care for those who genuinely care back. It's quite an experience finding out who your friends are when things are down.
Lovely Lesley I hope your headache is less now. Xxx
I can't believe how windy it's got, it was all calm earlier there be more leaves for me to clear. I'm as ready for the big day as I can be and if I've missed anything tough!
It's going to be all about being together and me not burning the turkey :-D.
Xxxx
Cla46

Charys
Community Champion

Delly, it may be that it's the 'load and discard' thing that's not functioning properly then...rather than the 'time out' so to speak.

Charys
Community Champion

Selfish relatives!!!! DON'T GET ME STARTED!!! Honestly, there's a lot them about.....empathy the size of a gnats arse. Sorry Helena, and Dizzywhizzy, but they may be able to 'change' for a few minutes, then it'll all go back to normal sadly. People either care, or they don't care and can pretend to care for a short while. That's my experience anyway. Cheerful ey. Well, what I'm saying is.....lower your expectations and try not to let it get to you.....focus on those who DO care.

Charys
Community Champion

Rubycat, just go onto the picture and resave it on your computer as a smaller file size/lower resolution. Then it should upload, as they have a file size limit on here.

Whhhahhhhha, my 'himself' has also gone out....when I said I wasn't going near the shops i didn't mean there wasn't shopping to be done LOL ! I've had 4 phone calls so far, to further clarify the very clear instructions I gave.

Lesley21

Rubycat, tried to mention everyone this morning and missed you,how could I?  So sorry, and to anyone else I've missed, put it down thecthis effing head!  Counting down the minutes until I can take my jollop and sink into oblivion.  Ha, sending himself, AKA SO into town, My himself also been despatched to get the bits I went for yesterday and mission aborted because of head.  RC, I have the same thing come up if I try and post a pic, I can take one and post if I've got a post open but can't post one that I've already taken, get the same message, WAC (what a crock).  Hoping sons arrived from Skipol, daughters arrived in Padstow, and everyone is safely where they need to be xx

Dizzybee

Helena, I know what you mean about relatives. I last heard from my brother in July,he phoned to thank me for his birthday card, and said, "mum told me you've got breast cancer, I hear you're in a bad way." Which if I had been, may not have been the best way to phrase things... I told him that I was okay, needed surgery and radiotherapy but hoped to be fine after that. And I've heard nothing since.

I expect he'll ring on Christmas day to say thank you for the money I sent for his daughters.

So he's hot on saying thank you, not so much on the how are you?

But he never wanted to know when my children were young, or my two sisters' children, he never gave them anything, he thought they were just a nuisance. But having arrived late at the parenthood game he thinks we should all be fascinated by everything his do.

That was nasty and spiteful, bad me. But I used to be hurt for the children's sake, he didn't hide what he thought of them.

So I'm totally with you on the selfish relatives.

It sounds as if your partner's MS has progressed quite fast, you both must have been having a really rough time, it's your turn to receive the big squishy huggles.

delly

Charys - Yeh sweetie, I'm doing a trial at this very moment to see how long for the "authentification required. Thanks for jumping on it again this morning. I spend ages on reading/catching up on and then responding to your posts as I go along, so I don't know if "inactivity" figures in the timing out or not.
See you all shortly xxx
rubycat

Grr, just spent 20 mins trying to upload photo of Rubycat, and keeps saying file too large, IT'S A PHOTO, arrgh, grr and more grr.

Himself just gone into town, ha ha ha, he doesn't realise how busy it will be, and he HATES busy shops. Shouldn't be mean, but I've got to clean the loos etc. Lovely.

Oh Lesley, these migraines sound the pits and so hope they get themselves BOGGED OFF. (I've got loos on the brain)

Glad  the travelling peep is safely back Janey and hopefully Dizzy's is safe now too. 

Charys, read LadyB's comment that you're classic re chewing gum, but thought I'd read 'classy', and didn't think the two went together! Ouch.  Many thanks for your beautiful moving piccies, but not fair that I can't get Rubycat here.  She's not Ruby coloured, she's a muted tortoiseshell. What's that you ask? Well, she's grey, cinnamon and white speckly, mottley rather than the jigsaw black ginger & white.  Also muted by name, muted by nature as she just sits by the chair looking up, rather than leaping onto lap and has to be hauled up.  Ha, will have fun over next few days as son's bengal kitten is coming to stay.Cat Surprised  They were kept seperately when she stayed a few weeks ago, but can't be arsed with all the closing doors this time. 

Be back laters, big hugs to poorly Janey and Lady Helena who lives in a tower, getting through those rads.Cat Very Happyxxx

Charys
Community Champion

DELLY,

Can you pop over to the 'time out' thread...and anyone else who has had the problem of posts disappearing and give Bonita the info she needs ? I'll add something there, but have hardly had the problem happen.

Charys
Community Champion

Yes Lesley I do remember the skin thing, and asking you the name. So the seborrhoeic keratosis......I have a lot of that too.....I think its genetic, but don't know for certain, however, my Dad has a lot of it everywhere. I didnt realise I had patches of it here and there, UNTIL rads and they turned from the ivory/light brown to dark brown.....the same as you are describing. Oddly they have now gone back to their original colour. I remember asking the rads team, in a paranoid way if it was skin cancer lol  Sadly, dear old girl, it's age related Smiley Wink

The other keratosis I don't know, but will have a quick peek at images. It seems that people who are prone to keratosis skin reactions (I have a bit of a different type too, and no I'm not a hypochondriac and no I don't look like a leper either!LOL) have a few different types.

Clair.....me too....a bit of sparkle is gorgeous.....on anything....nails.....phone cases....etc Smiley Very Happy

Good Luck today Helena, hope there are no delays !

Cla46

Morning lovelies,
Wow a busy few days for everyone, I really hope everyone gets home safe to their families, it's such a worry so I've got my fingers crossed that planes, trains and automobiles are all good to go.
I'm really glad the drs went well Delly, first step taken and we'll be with you all the way. I'm in Yeovil but we spend a lot of time in Dorch and The purbeck. Studland is beautiful and we often go up to old harry rocks but Swanage is my very favourite place and we're hoping to move there one day xxx
Janey I really hope your feeling better soon and the onc appointment goes well I'm still waiting for mine to come through xxx
Charys I love a bit sparkle as you might of guessed xx
Helena sending you love and I think we all have had wobbles during rads I remember seeing the rads nurse for a review and just completely breaking down over nothing at all. Poor girl she wasn't expecting it at all.
Hello lovely Lily 🙂 xxxx
Right I'm off to make lunch catch up later
Love and hugs to everyone xxxxxxx
Lesley21

Charys, remember a few weeks ago I had that thingy on my arm and all I could remember was it was a something Keratosis and you asked if I could remember what the something was?  Just had a copy of the letter dermatologist sent to my gp, it's a lichenoid keratosis.  He said the thingies that have come up on my side since rads are seborrhoeic keratosis.  Something else to thank BC for as they weren't there before.

Just hour and half to go before I can take meds, clock watching xx

Lesley21

Good morning all,

Thank you Delicious for double hug, I need it.  Really hope Libby accepts gift in sprit it is meant, if not, you know you've done the right thing, you can do no more.  Hold your head up high gorgeous girl xx

Good luck Janey, hoping fatigue is down to bug and you'll soon feel better.  Has  your girl make it back to Padstow yet?

Helena, of course you're not nasty, just reading your posts anyone can tell that.  When the SH 1 T hits the fan you find out who a fair weather friend/really.

Lovely post again Charys, going to miss them, only two more to go, bet you're relieved, unless you're going g to do a theme of the day every day.

Dizzy, Beth, Clair, Lily hope you're all well and set up for the big day.  Sorry if I've missed anyone, head thumping, just waiting until 1pm until I can take next lot of meds.  Third day so hoping I'll be back to the basic headache tomorrow which OTC meds will keep bearable as going to my friends for lunch.  Well, hope so, her daughter due to have baby end of January has just been taken into hospital to have it induced as there are complications.  Praying all ok for mother and baby xx

Charys
Community Champion

Can we believe it, December 23rd ALREADY!

Dizzy, you are right, expectations have raised throughout Christmas.....I started with some simple little emoticons from my iPad and am now perusing the internet for the best animated gifs. 

Wishing everyone a lovely day, on this the most hectic shopping day in the retail calendar. I'm not going anywhere near a single shop !

IMG_0422.GIF

Dizzybee

It's going to be one of those days...Elder son has just texted to say he missed his plane from Schipol, is trying to find another flight. That sounds expensive, particularly as he's a student living off savings.

Janey, how did your daughter get on last night, hope she spent the night safely at your sister's.

Dizzybee

Morning all!

Hope your meeting with the oncologist goes well Janey, good time to discuss whether anything else might suit you better than Anastrazole? I hope it isn't a bug, that is not good timing, though on the plus side it will go away again.

Delly, thank you for putting us out of our misery! That sounds like a really constructive meeting with the doctor, I am so impressed that you got so many issues into one appointment. I'm not big on putting labels on mental health issues, you need to be seen as you, not a diagnosis, but it certainly helps to get things moving with the mental health team. Biiigggg hugs to you for doing this. And I hope your lady Libby accepts her gifts as a peace offering.

Helena, hope you have a good day, and hope the appointment ment doesn't get horribly delayed today.

Charys, morning, hope we're going to get some pretty moving pictures today, you have a certain role to fill here, and our expectations have been raised. No pressure! But pretty, sparkly, tinselly, you get the picture.

Edited to correct autocorrect!

Janey2

Morning glories! A quick one from me, as just out the door to see Oncologist - woohoo! So pleased it went well yesterday Delly. Hope it helped having all the ether friends with you. I'm feeling rough as rats and wondering if worsening fatigue this week was absolutely nothing to do with treatment but going down with a bug! Helena don't forget to be Noddy today!!! Hugs to all and speak later xx
Charys
Community Champion

Hold on.....where is everybody. ....it's nearly 9.30 am and nobody here ?!
Charys
Community Champion

Oh my word ......I can't believe you risked such mahoosive posts ! You need to write these in word before posting, as I'm not surprised you get so upset when they disappear. We still haven't had an answer on this time out issue have we. So.....a very constructive docs meeting. ....was he running very late for the rest of the day ??? Lol I think you have done SO well to take control of things Delly, only you could take this step forwards and you've done it, which was certainly no easy thing to do. Know what you mean about the head thing and bring in tune with yourself. .......

I'll be back in a bit for advent and to finish reading up. Morning all !!!!!!
delly

Huuuuge big massive hug today from me goes to Lesley. You ready for it? Tell you, it;s bloomin MASSIVE ((((((Ooooo)))))) Have you got it?? ((((((((Ooooo - Oooo - Ooooooh))))) You're definitely softening Lesley. 

Hope you have a good day everyone

Love you ALL to bits and then back to a whole again

Dellywellydingaling xxxxxxx

delly

Huuuuge big massive hug today from me goes to Lesley. You ready for it? Tell you, it;s bloomin MASSIVE ((((((Ooooo)))))) Have you got it?? ((((((((Ooooo -Oooo - Ooooooh))))) You're definitely softening Lesley. 

Hope you have a good  day everyone

Love you ALL

Dellywellydingaling xxxxxxx

delly

Well, it's my favourite time of day - all you kids are in bed, quiet and can't immediately answer back. Lush peace!!!

DizzybeeDarlin - Cor even better, a year old vintage sloe gin - hic. I need to be givin out my address for invites.

Soooo - you wanna hear about meeee and todays progress report huh? Well tough, not tellin ya's.  Oh, all right then. Much discussed with lovely Doc this morn, thankfully so sympathetic. Am to now have/await Psychiatric Evaluation. He felt same as me, from my description of the UPS and DOWNS symptoms, very much sounding like Bi-Polar, and very much poss the same with my poor bruv, but sadly undiagnosed for him, so that much more important, I'm hopefully better diagnosed. Also been put back into system for continued recon - yey. Also went back for dellycat regions smear as had an extra recent prob. And referral for cataract op all goin ahead for New Year. He's understandably holding off on my head pains as possibly being related to my eye prob, which I know they're not, totally diff, and being physically aware of the diff of eye ache pain and these recent dull short lived moving pains I've been having. But, I'll be having to see him again no doubt so can redicuss those. My wariness being a history of stroke with Dad and Grandparents. Dad exhibited personality/temperament changes 3 months prior to his major stroke. So am naturally just wanting to be vigilant, being that much more medically, physiologically aware/knowledgable and better to be pre-emptive to anything more serious, and not being a hypochondriac /psychotic person. But very much sensibly in tune with my own mental/physical state. So that's that til after Crimbo and much more ticked off the Janey list.

Alsoooo, dropped off my letter to LadyLibby (Liz/Date woman) + my gift items which were thrust back into my hand before shooing me out her door - feelin like a flippin criminal in the process. Couldn't fit it into her mailbox so wrapped in plastic bag and dropped through a gap in her electronic gate thingymajiggy (yeh, a bit posh), with emphasis on no expectations - just a wish and hope to basically set things straight, remove a nasty misunderstood taste I no doubt left. No expectations to ever hear from her again, but see if some Delly magic may also occur. We shall see.

Soooo. all in all a better day on the planet today. But shall see how I feel and what tomorrow brings, how it feels. If I could only maitain the way I feel today I'd probably be okay. A friend I dropped cards into tonight, asked me out tomorrow with her work colleagues. Told her I'm not up to much these days, meaning in the energy sense. BUT . . . . may be able to rouse myself to some SILLY DANCING tho'. twud probably do me sum good, d'ya think??

Think I've caught you up with everything now.

Nite Nite Sweeties

Dellywellydoodaahdey xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

delly

Tomorrows Big Delly or rather Delly's Big Hug (cos I'm not big at all - rather skinny in fact) goes to . . . . . . tick tick

LESLEY - Yey. Along with a tension reducing neck n shoulder massage. I was often told I was good AND have healing hands. Shame my hands need some healing nowadays. But it's on the menu for our meet-up gal. Bit of therapy. Do they not do it at the centre you have your acupuncture at?? Doesn't your "fitbit" massage your shoulders as well?? seems to do everything else. 

Juicy-Janey - I'm soooo wit you on Bill. Such a lovable and decent seeming chap. Loved him in "Love Actually" as I did what's his name, that sooo unfortunately died and taken form us faaaaar to soon recently?? It'll come to me. Also Emma T, who played his wife - brilliant actress. another of my fave films

Charys - You so have me sussed. I do do the brief posts first, then save myself for all your bigger ones on here! Need to build myself up to it or them.Chewing gum! bet you were one of those horrible inconsiderate kids who stuck it underneath their desk and someone else, next year around found it?? Yeh, i know your sort. I went to the same schools.Give us yer address, and  I'll send you some pretty twigs woman, if that's all it takes to make you happy - easy pleased in my mind.

Lady H - suggest you keep checkin in on here and taking a daily dose of wine then. Sounds like it's working a treat. Awwww, H, I can feel your upset and frustration How upsetting for youhoo sweetie. And then. . . . a magical fairy arrives with a bunch of flowers with magical golden twigs. How flippin lovely is that!  See how you're loved and thought of. Which Winton are you speaking of, the one on the outskirts of Bournemouth/Poole?

Haha Janey, now all you need is a gin growing tree to go with said lemon one.

Clair - Ooooooo is that your house?? Did you tell me where in Dorset you live?,cos you keep posting all these familiar places in Dorset from my time being there in 1970-86. is it you or dizzy that lives in Dorchester??

Posting so byeee again xxxxx

I have to say, I admire you all getting through the toughness of daily rads and chemo. Have the utmost respect for you's. What a massive slog and daily interruption to your lives. just thought I'd let you know. 

Dizzybee

Delly

It is home made sloe gin, the last remains from the stuff I made last year. I've run out of brandy, but the sloe gin turned out even better for soaking the fruit. I've also run out of sweet sherry, so we'll be having sloe gin trifle, no one had better be driving! I didn't make any this year, being at that post operative can't stretch my arms up stage, I couldn't pick them. lt was bad enough picking all the autumn raspberries at the allotment.There are so many silly little things that remind me that something hijacked the last six months of my life. But I am done for a while, and determined to do some catching up.

Well I'm feeling mellow with chocolate and wine, the Christmas spirit has overcome me. Hope you all have a peaceful night, and particularly Lesley who needs it most.

Good night all

xx

delly

Hi again

Charys - so you,ve been having to play heroine. I hope I have someone like you around, should I ever have such probs. You're a very admirable woman, you know. I know for a fact, 'cos other people have said so behind your back. Yeh, nice gossip tho'.

Lesley - Luscious, WHAT was the prob you had yesterday?? Haven't yet picked up on that. Oh Lesley, I'm sooo sorry about the loss of your friend and how frustrating/upsetting for you that you couldn't go because of your head. Awww, wish you could get your heads sorted - aches that is. Me thinks Lily is absoblumin right in her advice to get neck and shoulder muscles kneaded. You never know - could make a world of difference. 

Janey - you have children who sound to lead such exciting lives - New York and now Iceland?!! Can't you teach them to be more mundane??

Lily - What parts of the country are you off to ref family Xmas visits. Tell us, I insist!!!!!

DarlinDizzy - Hey, Sloe Gin!! My Mum used to make her own. We'd go for Sloe berry picking walks on the Studland to Swanage coastal path. She used to prick all the Sloe berries, decant a bottle of gin into two bottles, put the berries in, leave thenm in the airing cupboard for a month, shake them up regularly and Hey Presto, the most beautiful ruby red fruity Xmas morning opening pressies dwink. Very Ssssssssslurpishly moreish! Corr, bet your mince pies make you fall over!!

LadyH - Am well impressed with your Mum texting. Aunty Aud, neighbour at the back, is the same and she's 82. A lovely, lovely woman. I keep trying to persuade her to be my substitute Mum and let me treat her to afternoon tea at the Midland Hotel in Manchester, cos it's such a lovely experience and pressie. A few of us did it last year, my 'X' neighbours, to catch all the Xmas decs before taken down. Worth every penny - and a pianist to boot.

Clair - I'm sooo glad to hear you so much more "upbeat" and you're feeling so much better after your long slog.

Ruby- Awww flip, you're cat!, awww just reminded me, Chloe used to feel neglected and come sit plonked on my lap whilst I typed AROUND her!! Oh, and Darlin girl, reading your post has just given me goosebumps. Yes, of course we are there for each other through good AND bad. 'Cos, basically, we know how tough it is don't we. It isn't just the physical effects of this gawdawful disease, it leaves a load of mental **bleep** to have to deal and cope with. In my case, on top of a load of other besides. But I'll get round to my days events. just wanted to catch up with all of "yers" first. But, thank you, Ruby, I appreciate your loving thoughts and everyone elses. Makes a huge difference to just know I/you can pour your heart and guts out when you need to.

You ALL wistenin?????

Talking of Avatars - my original one has disappeared. What's that all about. Me thinks it's waiting for a piccie praps. Well it'll have to wait.

It's been the most beautiful, crisp sunny day up here in sunny Macclesfield today. A "wake you up day"

Posting this again before it's gaaaaaaawwwwn.

xxxxxxxx 

Charys
Community Champion

Coooey delly, we are all waiting to hear if your appointment went well ?

Lesley21

Glad your girls on terra firma Janey, you'll sleep better I know if she decides to stay at your sisters tonight.  Ive just blurbed too, watched The Royale Family, The one where Nana died.  Barb and Nana sing Que Sera Sera, that was my mums favourite song, she was always singing it, set me off, Also seeing Caroline Aherne knowing she's no longer here, hasn't done my head any good,  crying flipping hurts.  Only allowed to take my migraine meds every 12 hours, can't remember what time I took them, getting forgetful in my old age.

Going to go to bed and hope to get a bit of sleep.  Wishing you all a peaceful night, dreaming of mince pies, beautiful twigs and lemon trees xx

delly

Evening Wonderwomen

Just come on so much to catch up with (nothin unusual there then!!).

Bethy-boo - That's great on your counselling. Yeh, I like you had had thoughts regards becoming involved/training for counselling. Bit late in the day, age wise for me now. Don't know what age you are though?? More and more people are "stressed out" these days. There's much more call for counselling/alternative therapies. NHS can't cope financially to provide increase in mental services. There's a huge increased demand for both types of therapies, so go for it girl if you can. I certainly would. Goes without saying - a huge amount of satisfaction to be received in helping others, if your that way inclined. Our experiences, purely from our reasons of being on here tend to make us much more compassionate human beings.  

DizzyDarlin - did you pick up my hug today??

Clair - just reading back to your crying at "Home Alone" carol scene. Glad someone else is as "soppy" as me 

Lady H - you have a double whammy to cope with - your and your partners diagnosis. Hold in there girl and lean on us whenever you need to. You know how much we care, just want you to be well and are prepared to put up with Delly type tantrums and breakdowns, I've discovered. Counts for a huge amount.

Charys - Coo, ain't ya clever with your animated pictures woman. Corfe's lovely, amongst the green Purbeck hills of Dorset and close to the coast. Couple of lovely Hotels in the vicinity, can't for the life remember their name but am sure Clair could and provide. + a quite famous and very beautiful nudist beach not far, Studland, if your so inclined. All very respectable and above board.

Posting this before the proverbial disappearance. Byeeeeeee xxxxx 

Cla46

Evening all 💕 Just a quick one to share a bit of Chrimbo spirit and give you all love and hugs xxxxxx

The beautiful Kingston Lacey nr  Wimborne image.jpeg

Janey2

I think this thread in need of its own plumber! Helena I had a blub too on a day of delays and then re-positioning. I had a jigsaw, scrabble and sudoku on the phone at the ready for delays.
Daughter landed at 8 with a 2 hour delay in getting her luggage! My brilliant sister who lives near Gatwick has picked her up and now she needs to decide whether to drive back tonight or first thing tomorrow.
I had my Christmas present early from OH - a lemon tree for all that gin!
Xx
Charys
Community Champion

Glad  I make you laugh, it makes it worthwhile typing. 🙂

However, now you are 'gushing'....is it waterworks related this time????

Arent the Christmas flowers lovely that you can buy, there are so many nice unusual arrangements. I wish someone had bought me some pretty twigs. I love pretty twigs, and I'm NOT being sarcastic!!!

Charys
Community Champion

Oh phew, only stuff from tear ducts. Awwww, the delay must have been badly timed then today. I don't think it helps Helena that yours is happening before and after Christmas, there's probably so much you'd rather be doing, and it feels sad and unfair that you are spending each day tied to this. It's only such a short while in the scheme of things though. they will be used to tears and all sorts of reactions......it's part of their job I'm certain. They had to tell me off every single day for having chewing gum on the rt table, which I should not have during treatment apparently. However, every day I forgot to remove it and so often pretended it wasn't there......it got to the point where the radiographers as part of their routine , without a word, would bring me some paper, hold it out in front of me and I'd sheepishly remove it. 

Charys
Community Champion

You know, I hear of so many people having delays like this, it's such a pain. What caused it some sort of machine break down? I was lucky my unit was only a year old, so brand spanking new kit. Take something to do ....ermmm....no you don't do major smartphone stuff do you...or iPad? If I had nobody around to talk to, which was my entertainment of choice, I was reading the news or playing scrabble. 

Charys
Community Champion

Ewhat have you out bursted? I'm hoping it wasn't anything 'fluid'??? Lol

Charys
Community Champion

I have seen Delly round and about the forum on another thread since her docs appt.....not graced us with her presence yet.....probably saving herself for that BIGGGg write up. THen of course she'll loose the post, and we will all have the tantrum to deal with, and her saying she's never posting gain, EVER . Until, she comes back 5 minutes later lol

Glad your girl has returned Janey, I'm a dreadful worriers when mine is driving......terrible....absolutely on pins.

good story about the messed up delivery, my Mum has done similar a few times.....except even worse.....she thinks she has checked out her order and waits for it and hasn't done so. She's not even editing an order, she's just left it all sat there in the trolley. You know its easy to make mistakes, my regular one is getting totally the wrong size of things. I don't check the weight and the picture has nothing to put it into context of size. So, often I add things which are miniscule or absolutely huge.