62394members
328351posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Re: Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Hello you lovely ladies. Lorac please please tell me how you added a photo, I've tried and failed several times. Thank you for deo hint. I was not convinced by what I was told last week, so thankfully used the Bionsen I'd bought already today, as today's radiographer very clear no metal deodorant.
Feeling shattered and tender inside but still not sure it's not psychological, as only day 1! Having stalked your rads thread Lesley, I will take all advice to avoid your experience.
Delly you've rumbled me and the stereo! He's doing music at college and likes "old" - his word - music. Caught the ether hug - brilliant, just what was needed!
Hugs to you all and Rubycat I hope you're ok? Xx

Ooooo - Lorac. Thank You so much for your post for all of us on here. I must have just pre-empted you.

Good stuff!! Are you well youself??

Mucho Luvo Delly xxx

Lesley - yeh, the Mail has recently been full on Aluminium content ref deodorants. I use Clarins body products for special occasions (don't have many "special" occasions these days, if you get what I mean) but they do a lovely smelling underarm roll on, and it doesn't have any aluminium + smells fandabidozeely lushously gorgeous, AND lasts ages. Treat yourselves

Do so love yers

Meee xxxx

Oops sorry did a giant one by mistake x

WP_20161003_18_38_35_Pro.jpgHi everyone,

Just to jump in to say that I spotted this on Saturday in Morrison's. Also, it's on a special offer at 1.50 pounds.

Best wishes

Hi everyone,

Just to jump in to say that I spotted this on Saturday in Morrison's. Also, it's on a special offer at 1.50 pounds.

Best wishesWP_20161003_18_38_35_Pro.jpg

Hello my lovelies

What are you like Janey and Charys - Udder milk and cream teas! You've both got an obvious   addiction to udder products me thinks - haha!  Like the "incorrigiblets" 

Janey, why did you buy your boy a record player?? Yes, I'm aware there's been a massive resurgence (that right spelling?) in vinyl reproductions again, but I can't help feeling it may have been for your own benefit also! I'm with you on your music taste 'cept for The Jam. Ooooh Carly Simon and Led Zepp. Saw Led Zepp in concert in the mid 70's, I had hair like Robert Plant at the time.

Had to clear nearly 1000 vinyls (some special editions), + nearly 3000 cds! and some high end hifi stuff when bruv died. He was a bit of a music and hifi buff, but I didn't have the impetus nor storage space to have it all transported from Devon to the North to dispose of in a more profitable way - however. . .I'm not gonna dwell on that 

What!? - Rubycat 28. Is that right Rubycat??

Lesley - your teeth are going to light up the sky tonight !!

Exeter - agree, lovely city. I think that's where I perhaps should be. May be too late now.

Janey - it's first day at school unknowns for you with rads at the mo, I'm guessing. Even tho I've not had to go through rads, I can TOTALLY understand your reaction. Awww, Yeh girlie. It must be "traumatic". An awful reminder of what you're goin thru when I'm sure you'd just like to "tick it off" and carry on. BUT, you've got to go through this on top of what you have already gone through. That right?? Sending you a great big massive, looong, tight, squeezing breath out of you ETHER HUG flower!!  Plus wishing you STRENGTH to fight this horrible disease and to get through these treatments.

Doolallywelly xxxx 

Another quick post, got to get the dinner on.  Teeth gleaming, or as gleaming as they can at my advanced age.  Janey, when I was at the dentist this morning I read a letter in the mail from someone whose BC consultant advised her (as he's advised his wife and daughters) never to wear deodorant with aluminium in, and most do, as he thinks it 'may' cause BC, and I know your rads Peeps said just wear your usual.  I had read previous threads on here that it's a no no when having rads to wear deodorant with aluminium in, told the husband and he went to Boots and came back with Pritok, was expensive, about £7.  I took it with me on first session and they took it away to check then gave me the ok.  I'm still using it so pretty good value, think I'll stick to it in future, or I believe Holland and Barratt do one.  I know how badly I burnt under the arm so personally I wouldn't risk anything with aluminium in while having rads.  Sorry to poke my nose in, just concerned.

Such a lovely sunny day, been catching a few rays in the garden this pm.  Got something in the diary everyday until we head off for a long weekend on 14th, some hospital appointments, but most nice, lunches etc.

Fourth day off the dreaded Anastrozole and still hoping for a good nights sleep, tonight might be a good good night as the song says.  Janey, I could so do with a record player, the loft is full of old LPs that I can't play!

xx

Another quick post, got to get the dinner on.  Teeth gleaming, or as gleaming as they can at my advanced age.  Janey, when I was at the dentist this morning I read a letter in the mail from someone whose BC consultant advised her (as he's advised his wife and daughters) never to wear deodorant with aluminium in, and most do, as he thinks it 'may' cause BC, and I know your rads Peeps said just wear your usual.  I had read previous threads on here that it's a no no when having rads to wear deodorant with aluminium in, told the husband and he went to Boots and came back with Pritok, was expensive, about £7.  I took it with me on first session and they took it away to check then gave me the ok.  I'm still using it so pretty good value, think I'll stick to it in future, or I believe Holland and Barratt do one.  I know how badly I burnt under the arm so personally I wouldn't risk anything with aluminium in while having rads.  Sorry to poke my nose in, just concerned.

Such a lovely sunny day, been catching a few rays in the garden this pm.  Got something in the diary everyday until we head off for a long weekend on 14th, some hospital appointments, but most nice, lunches etc.

Fourth day off the dreaded Anastrozole and still hoping for a good nights sleep, tonight might be a good good night as the song says.  Janey, I could so do with a record player, the loft is full of old LPs that I can't play!

xx

You're on Charys! I am now pulled together but (probably stupidly!) thought I wouldn't feel anything until after skin started to turn but very definitely feeling some heat under arm and some twinges around op site. I'm sure it's all psychosomatic but ... Lovely brunch with a lovely friend who makes me laugh. Such a beautiful day here, I'm out in the garden. Hope your gnashers now sparkly Lesley!! Xx
Community Champion

Yeah, pull yourself together Janey! LOL Tears and emotions come at odd times through this process I've found. I found the first couple of days 'odd' and 'scary', under this big machine, being left alone....then the room alarm and so on....after 2 days it became easy peasy.

You know I would have LOVED a cream tea with you Janey, if I head down that way again I will let you know.....I was desperate for cream all day and as we passed farm shops with signs I was BEGGING. lol

One down and 19 to go. No problem having treatment but now sat in the car feeling tearful - why?! Will pull myself together and have coffee with lovely friend as planned. Maybe it's relief treatment has finally started xx

I would have made you a cream tea Charys! It's a beautiful city and a lovely place to live. I was there until a couple of years ago when I bought with my partner about 6 miles away. We are all typing this morning. Lovely to know we are all out there! Xx

Thanks Lesley, we must both have been typing at the same time! Xx
Community Champion

Ahhhh just seen.....first zap ! Hey I was in exeter all day Saturday for the uni open day. ....lovely view across the city and beautiful campus, really impressive. Good luck Janey x
Community Champion

Extra post extra post extra post (to make up for absence)
Community Champion

What's Janey up to today. ...I ve read back and I can't see anything ? Delly delay you ARE incorrugiblets ( have seen the typo but it was an auto predict and it's funny so I'm going to leave it !) ....you define the word I would say. Your imagination gives better views than reality lol

Hey lesley....she of the soon to be sparkly teeth, and rubycat. Rubycat did I see you are 28?

Still using phone , so doing slow one finger typing stuff.

Well Charys, I think you're going to have to put in extra posts to make up for absence!! Glad you're back here again, we do need a firm hand with Delly!
Raleigh is at Torpoint just over the water from Plymouth. It was an amazing day and great not to be centre of concern for once! Have had great fun with record player - strange mix of music between us, with mine ranging from Chic to Led Zep, the Jam,Pink Floyd and Carly Simon. Eclectic I think is the word.
Another beautiful sunny day yesterday to get in veg and sort garden while I have energy. Now here I am armed with an NHS blue jacket ready to head to Exeter later for my first zap! Love to you all. Rubycat I think it must be maltesers today - the lighter way to enjoy rads!! Xxx

Really quick, rushing off to hygienist appointment, just wanted to wish Janey big lots of good luck for today.  I'll be back later to see how much detention I've got.  Love to all xx

Udderly amazing (guffaw) then Charys. Your lack of attendance - naa. Janey was most understanding and she's the one to keep from telling Miss. I now have visions of you "both" lying under the back ends of cows - topless - yeh, Janey said it, I'm incorrigible. I only hope it's worth it, 'cos other things come out of the back end of cows !! Haha. But, like meal worms, that - "IT" may turn out to be a miraculous cure. You never know!

Awww- Janey. A proud Mummy for your sons "Passing out". I can't remember where HMS Raleigh is? Devon? Looking forward to you playing some of the old vinyls for those of us of the same age to bop to. Or even if not the same age. We can show them what good music IS !!

Hope you've all had an enjoyable, peaceful and healthy weekend

Loadsa love

Dellypoos xxxx 

Community Champion

Udder milk is amazing. .....I love it 😊
Community Champion

Heellooooooooo all.......

My phone and ipad both gave up at the same time, for different reasons . Got a new phone now.....hurrah......so now I can access reactivating my ipad (as the code gets sent to the phone) . Ill be back tomorrow to read up on you guys. ...sorry about attendance rate....am I at 'fining level' yet?

Morning all! Lesley that sounds mighty energetic - and a gleaming house too! We had a wonderful day yesterday. The sun shone at HMS Raleigh for a perfect passing out and the newly 18 was mighty pleased with a record player - don't tell anyone but it means I can play my old albums again! The kids were hysterical in not knowing you couldn't just fast forward to the next track!
I feel less queasy each day which is a huge relief. My flushes and flashes are on the up though sadly. Rubycat thank you for the udder milk tip off - it arrived yesterday. I don't care if it works or not, it smells like play doh, which makes me very happy!!
Charys I hope your tech troubles are soon resolved, you may get a letter about your attendance rate!! Xx

Whoops - posted that in the wrong thread!!

xx

Flip Sue, I'm sooooo sorry.

Glad you took up the advice of the CAB. Hope they can help. And did you have any luck with contacting the MacMillan Advice? That's so bloomin tough for you on top of everything. I hope you get some much needed help with this issue. Have you spoken to the help line on here?? Have you got some support down there flower? Sorry for all the ??'s.

Got a spare room here for you and Leo if need be. 

Please keep in touch with how you're doing.

Loadsa love and a massive loooong hug

Delly xxx 

Evening all ( Dixon of Dick Green quote for those of you old enough to remember),

The steel drums did make an appearance in my residence this morning, as did Hoover, mop, duster and other cleaning agents so the ground floor at least is no longer a health hazard.  With regard to upstairs, only managed to change the sheets, at which point thumping headache got the better of me, took the "heavy guns"    Jollop and crawled into sweet smelling bed.  Woke two hours later, longest ive slept in one go for ages!  Then had a mad rush to get ready as friend had invited me to late lunch/early dinner, Linner, Dunch?  at 3.30.  Just got back, lovely meal, couple of glasses of wine and first day of not taking Anastrozole, so here's hopi g for a better nights sleep tonight.

Delly, I keep trying to do the pop up/ view as a discussion thingy, but still keep losing what I e started typing in dialogue box.  Will keep trying.

just had a message pop up from a friend in a crisis so will stop now.  Janey, hope celebrations all went well today.  Catch up with all you lovely ladies soon, hopefully the crisis in all a storm in a teacup and just needs some Lesley  straight talking, isn't it funny how easy it is to sort out others problems but not our own?  Xx

Community Champion

Haven't forgotten you my friends, got some major techy problems this end. Just got on to do this quick message x

Hello flowers. Delly I reintroduced strong evening primrose and glucosamine after 1st oncology appointment and hoping it's making a difference. The nausea seems to be passing but my old friend vertigo wants its turn now sadly. I'm hoping I'll be fit for tomorrow. Big day with an 18th for one and Navy passing out for another. I'd like to own their height Rubycat but they are my lovely common law stepsons. My daughter and I used to think we were tall but now feel short! Good career choice for your son - or maybe not when I think of some case loads.
Will let you know how the acupuncture goes. My first session will be on 1 November but the reflexology starts the week after next. I've been offered mindfulness too, so hoping my mental health will get the boost it needs. I think this safe place is just as important for that and you all amaze me and thank you for sharing. Night night and I hope you get some sleep Lesley xxx

Hi "Grills", just caught up with yers.

Lesley - Your dancing to Caribbean (that the right spelling?) steel drums - very entertaining dear. Glad you enjoyed your night. Was it a girlie only one? Did you get the hang of, when you want to refer back to other posts whilst you're replying. Forgot to say you have to click the "reply" button first and then, before you type your reply, scroll down to the bottom of the response box, click on the purple "view discussion in a pop up", which then opens an extra tab at the top of the screen, which if you then click on, takes you back to all the posts, and you can then keep clicking between the two whilst you type your message to refer to what was said. Got all that??

With ref to suicide - Oh Lesley, I'm soooo sorry about your sister, and your friend. Yeh, it immediately left me with massive guilt feelings - "Had I known just how bad a state he was in, I'd have jumped in the car down to Devon, whatever time of night/morning". I managed to turn it around after 2 wks, by thinking "Even if I had, it may not have made any difference anyway. But" . . . .your left with buts and if onlys. He'd been mentally ill for a prolonged time. His death was only two yrs after my Mums. I really do feel that that, combined with my BC, has left me Bi-Polar. It's like Post Traumatic Stress syndrome, all of that kind of thing. I'm either "hyper" up for brief periods or "hypo" down for prolonged.

Didn't help either, that my cousin blamed me for what he'd done. Talk about kicking me in the teeth whilst I'm down. She didn't even know him very well, having always lived in the North and him in the S, hadn't had much to do with him for 40+ yrs. He was very difficult to deal and cope with when dealing with my parents estate, due to his chronic mental state. Not once did I receive an apology from her, just made it all that much more awful to cope with the grief. I no longer have anything to do with her or the other ignorantly judgemental dregs of my family. Wrong and sad innit - when you need as much support as you can get at such times.

No wonder I get and feel so screwy at times. BUT - god, am I so glad my Mum WASn't alive to have had it to suffer.

Lesley - I've been sitting in a dishevelled house and boxes for 3 yrs now, ever since I moved here. What's the OPPOSITE of OCD called!! - other than laziness. Something like Chronic Depressive Dirt Syndrome in my case ! I'll have to have a serious think on in your case.

I need to get myself back on high dose Evening Primrose again, see if it was that that helped with my hot flushes and raising my mental state. 

You're a giggle Janey, so glad you found a good 'en to have by your side, "when you weren't looking" too. Brill!! So sorry about your best friend and Uncle. I'm really, really interested to know whether acupuncture helps with your hot flushes etc. It'd had been something else I'd thought about training in, cos I get a kick, satisfaction from and out of helping people. Not so sure if my hands would cope now, as I don't know how much worse they'll get. My house would be ideal to use the front room for something alternative therapy wise. Had thoughts to set up a massage therapy practice when I first moved here, having been trained in an earlier career in Swedish massage, but again hands started to be a prob - talk about stymied every which way.I might be better of, instead of kneading flesh, sticking needles into it!!

Ruby - hope you enjoyed your musical tonight. So sorry about your Nephew. Yeh, I read a posting on a thread somewhere with ref to what you mentioned, about the young guy on a bridge and  "A helper". I had often been at the same depths before my bruvs "happening", and since. I can relate to what you're mentioning. People often retort backthat it's a cowardly thing to do, but I know, it isn't. Takes huge massive guts to. What you said made a loada sense to me. I go out of communincation with everyone.

Sorry - I've brought a very serious topic into our otherwise light hearted thread. Suicide is on the increase.But maybe we CAN discuss it more easily, not just because surprisingly many of us have already been directly touched by it through people we know, but also because our BC experience frightens us and makes us question life and it's importances more so, do you think??

Lotsa love Dellywelly xxxx

Now got a cuppa tea and (Th)fig roll, so feeling better.  Believe Quentin Crisp said that after five years the dirt and dust doesn't get any worse - am living by that motto now, and he's right!!   Also surprised that oncologist just said stop, without any alternatives offered - or taking a break.  Do hope you get some sleep soon Lesley.

Lesley, we're always listening here.  So sorry about your sister and friend, and your brother Delly. I did see a really informative programme last year, think it was called something like 'Looking for the man on the bridge' which really helped me understand the workings of a suicide's mind. It was a young chap who was about to jump off ?Westminster Bridge when another man stopped to talk to him and prevented the suicide. The young chap was looking for his helper, and amazingly found him.  Think I had too many tears to take in too much, but he talked about how his brain made every avenue seem closed and how he would be at peace to not be here, and that there was no space in his head for his family/friends. Not sure how much clarity I've given it here, but it seemed to make sense at the time. I will look it up on youtube as think it's there. Much love. xxx

You too a Rubycat, 28, so young!  My eldest sister at 44, she was the strongest person I knew, had been through many tough times in her life but soldiered on.  She was a real party girl, had a good job, lots of friends, her son who she raised on her own was just about to graduate from university and she was so proud, then out of the blue something happened to her, overnight night she became anxious, lost confidence then took her life.  It all happened in the space of a few months.  Then a close friend, again no history of depression or any mental illness found out her husband was having any affair.  She didn't tell anyone, none of us that were close to her had any idea until she was found leaving a suicide note.    It's funny, but I never tell anyone about my sister.  Only old friends that knew me at the time know about it, anyone I've met since (it was  29 years ago) has no idea.  

Right, out in the sun for me now I've got that out of my system.  Thanks for listening xx

Steel drums and housework not made an appearance in my house today after all.  Getting used to living in filth.  When I was working I had a spotless house, now I've got all day everyday I never seem to get round to it, at least my OCD regarding my house seems to be cured, wasn't long ago I couldn't sit and relax if anything was out of place, now I can quite happily slob on the sofa surrounded by dust and mess.

Spoke to a BCN this morning (not the one assigned to me, still only spoken to her the day of diagnoses).  She seems quite shocked when I told her that the oncologist had told me to just come off the Anastrozole.  Discussed switching to tamoxifen, various other things that can help with flushes ie sage but apparently a no no if you suffer with migraines.  What's she's suggested is I have a break for 6 weeks, keep notes of how I feel  each day then give her a call.  Said its more important at this stage that I get some sleep and my body recover a bit from all the trauma, op, rads etc, but is not happy for me to just chuck the towel in just yet with the hormone treatment.  Feeling much more upbeat and excited at the thought of the possibility of good nights sleep once my body is clear of the drug.  You never know though, as coming of hrt, though I did start cutting the patch a bit  smaller every week over the period of a month thereby weaning myself off it, then going straight on to Anastrozole it might not be all the drugs fault.  Time will tell.

Janey, again, more fascinating info!  Logging onto here is like reading a really good novel, you lot just keep on getting more interesting every day.  Delly, maybe you could use your literary skills and write a novel using some of the life stories coming out on here as material.  Can't wait for the next instalment.

Sun has finally made an appearance in Bucks so good excuse for leaving the housework again and taking my book outside to get some vit d xx

Goodness me, the connections between us are growing.  I've also been affected by suicide - first one over 30 years ago - my mother in law, luckily she was found although now at 91 just about to leave us, but did have many happier years.  Then my dearest nephew at age 28, six years ago, so sad we couldn't help him, but just have to accept it was his wish.

Janey, your almost 18 year old at 6'7, wow, thought my son was tall at 6'4 - and he's a social worker! - he said he's getting into training to help us as the works with the elderly. Humph.  Hopefully your nausea will stop soon.

Hmm, Thursday chocs, think I'll have to refer back to Tuesday, as have exhausted my poor brain.

Off to see Footloose musical tonight, so shall be humming tunelessly later.Cat LOL

Morning you lovely lot and I hope your steel drums are doing the trick Lesley, now that vision has made Charys' game harder!
Oh Delly what a pile has been thrown at you - you're stronger than you know, with all the support you're giving us all. I can't believe both you and Lesley have also lost loved ones to suicide. I lost my uncle 20 years ago and then 2 years ago my wonderful friend, one of the triggers for me to see the counsellor.
Going for the lighter note too. Delly I did my social work training at Plymouth. I started out originally as an interpreter and worked for East Germany selling their electrical goods - I liked to think of myself as a communist agent! I moved to Devon with my then husband to be a sheep farmer and then fell into Social Work and a divorce - both the right move! I was lucky to find a partner when I wasn't looking who has seen me through more than anyone should have to!
Charys how are you doing with break in the drugs? The nausea is slowly going but sweats are on the up. I am feeling very lucky though as I've had dates through for acupuncture and reflexology with the local cancer charity. It's sunny here today, so garden therapy and more L cooking - lasagne for the 18th tomorrow. However, were there any Ts left from Tueasday Rubycat?! I need more cake!!
Big love to all of you xx

Morning all, just read my post from last night and seen all the typos, even though I'd edited a few out.  Feeling very fragile this morning, still got the heartburn, too much rich food, two glasses of champagne and a large glass of vino probably didn't help.

Just wanted to comment on your brother Delly, I too have lost two people I loved dearly from suicide, as well as the pain of the loss there's alway the extra "could I have done something to stop it guilt ", I read somewhere that's it's the worse kind of bereavement to get over, I think you never do.  I've always been a "stressy" person but fortunately never suffered with depression or any other mental illness, but about 5 years ago I was put on a medication to try to control my migraines and was not wArned that one the side effects was acute anxiety.  I didn't know what was happening to me, the fear,  dread and even a bit of paranoia.  It was only the pharmacist  who told me it was the drug causing it and would wear off in a couple of months as I got used to it (which it did).  I now have more empathy and understanding of what a horrible thing mental illness is. 

It a wet gloomy day here in Bucks, hope the sun is shining where you are,  I'm going to pretend it's sunny anyway, put my CD of steel drum music on while I do some jobs around the house, it always makes me feel like I'm in the Caribbean Smiley Happy xx

Just got in and been catching up on all your posts - what interesting and different lives you've all lived, all so clever too, and rich now you've won the lottery Delly.

No, was not informed in writing of change in pension.  I requested a forecast a few years ago and it stated that mine would be higher than the basic due to having paid Graduated Pension back in the dark ages so was shocked to find it would now be less.  I left school at 15, and worked ever since until 18 months ago.  I worked my way up to Personnel Manager (now Called Human Resources) then decided to get qualified at the grand old age of 32, so studied part tine for five years.  I then worked as a Practice Manager of a doctors surgery for many years but that became too stressful so moved back to HR in a lesser role though did get promoted to team ader, still as stressful but less money.

Had a really great night, food was fantastic, but now have terrible heartburn, that wil.  teach me for being a pig. Listening to my old colleagues discussing their jobs tonight, complaining about unrealistic targets, crazy workloads etc I was so happy to be out of it, even though I could really do with the monthly pay packet, but who knows, might even win the lottery like Delly, but if not, I'll manage, anything is better than going back to that stress, really couldn't handle it now.

just having a cup of tea, decaf of course, then it's off to bed for another fun night of sweating, twitching etc.

Hope you're all peacefully sleeping at this moment having lovely dreams. Xx

Janey and Charys - Taaa for the writing compliment. I have no idea how I would get into it. There's huge competition to. Can't go back to the old job, for the reasons I had to give it up - probs with hands. Charys - I wanted to go into physiotherapy, but couldn't get the grades.

As for the SW, I lived in Bournemouth 1970 to 1986 (27) when I graduated and was pulled back to my Northern roots and, at that time, the culture of Manchester. My bruv (older) stayed in the S, my parents followed me Northwards, wanting to be near me after my Dads disabling stroke, a few family members and old longstanding friends. After my bruvs suicide in 2012 (Mum and Dad had also gone by that time), I had to spend quite some time in Lympstone, on the river Exe, sorting his affairs/belongings. He'd rented a place there for 3 years.

I was familiar with it from a couple of previous Devon explorations when I was at Plymouth Uni and my too-ing and fro-ings between Plymouth and Bournemouth.

Lovely little picturesque village, nicely situated on the train route between Exmouth (just ok but beautiful coast nearby) and Exeter (lovely city). Great little village community, loads going on throughout the whole year, and in my beloved Devon.

I ended up spending 8 months there, was sorely tempted to stay/relocate. The job situ in Exeter is much better than up here. Had it been his own property, I may have done. But it's that much more expensive, and I just didn't have the strength to cope with relocating again.

I also think, had I had a good and supportive partner by my side, I'd have coped a lot better with the major batterings of the last 10-12 years. I'm nowhere near as strong, self supportive as I used to be 12, 15 yrs ago, I'm afraid. Plus have been very much hampered with prolonged bouts of severe depression along the way. Mental disease/disorders are very underestimated as to how badly they can impact someones life and how dangerous they can be, as in the case of my bruv. I'm much more empathetic and compassionate towards over the last 10 yrs or so.

On a much lighter note, thank goodness for that I hear you all say, as well as tonights vino from the £10 winnings, I bought a bar of dark chocolate. Yeh, I know, I'm fickle. But it isn't sweet, it's bitter. Munched the lot whilst sat here with this post. Am hopin it'll release some much needed feel good Seratonin.

You are such a load of "sweeties", I DO appreciate it.

Doolallydellywellydelaytennerwinningdinddong xxx 

That does sound a good game youthful Charys!! I shall give it some thought... xxx
Community Champion

Welllllll evening to you all!

That's really interesting Delly, its not how I imagined you at all (your past background).....I kind of see you as a free spirited, earth mother type of hippy person who makes sculptures from recycled materials. lol Maybe you do that as well?  Ooo wouldn't that be a great game, we could describe people on the thread and say how we think they are in our minds. I am indeed RIGHTHHHHHttt , creative writing is your future DellyDelay...writing articles, critique journalism, opinion pieces...your own column in a paper would be great. I do have a question though, I don't like feet, how do you 'work with them?' or didnt it bother you?

Nowwwwww.....who shall I describe next Janey? LOL Hey, am I the youngest here, at 47 yo?

there's a HUGE amount of sweet food talk on here....today I had a wispa gold.,....you know the caramel filled ones. Yesterday it was lindt praline bar. For some odd reason, my weight isn't changing, and I'm not putting it on...which is odd...must be the HORMONESSSSssss lol

Jinx Delly - posting in unison! I think Charys is "write", as I agree you are brilliant with words. Failing that do go back to your old job and move Southwest! Enjoy the Wensleydale - lovely with an apple and lose yourself in spending your winnings xxx

Pipped to the last walnut! I went off piste today and had to do with L, as in lemon drizzle with lemon curd - special request of 17 years and 363 day year old. I tried to say it wasn't possible on a W day but he's 6'7 and likes lemons - this nausea thing is good though, as I wasn't tempted to lick the bowl!
Mine and other half's pensions reduced without us being aware! I'm lucky to have a local gov pension but another 9 years to go for that one and going to hope I am around in 2032 for the state one, although it will probably have changed again by then!
I have got frighteningly used to not being at work - wasn't able to continue, as it can be a bit unpredictable at times, until signed back. Thinking I'd like to stop now and bake cakes, run a B&B and study history without the essays!
Hope you're having fun out on the razzle Lesley and hair look old fab!
Nausea a bit better today, so hoping it's going away - just as well, I'm about to swoop on that wagon wheel I've spotted amidst all the whispa and walnut whip wrappers! I shall enjoy with a bit of Wednesday Mel and Sue! Xxx

Hello lovelies

Ruby, what are you like with your chocs. Enjoyed the Wensleydale, thank you very much.

Charys - I was a State Reg'd Chiropodist/Podiatrist for 22yrs - in private practice for 20. Have a degree, loads of medical knowledge and people skills,certain biz skills, compassionate nature etc. Am 57 now so it's too late to retrain at length in anything and my practical skills are hampered with a progressive hand prob that's kna**ering anything that involves being very dexterous. Haven't "worked" for 12, though after having to give up the practice, I did get involved in property refurb for a few years, but the market and mortgage market crashed so that went "tits up" (was going through BC too) - stymied. Like you, I also acted as carer to both Mum and Dad, who were both disabled by then. It's hard breaking into the job situ at such a late stage. I'd really love to find some sort of business I could invest into, get my teeth into and generate from for the next 10-15yrs,if I felt it was a viable, profitable one, but all this on-line biz is putting the dampers on a lot of things. Not to mention destroying our high street shops and towns, therefore face to face communities. Don't get me off on that one.

I'd take something in a supermarket, store, B&Q, Boots, anywhere. Prefer something a bit more juicy and full time. Missed a position when I first moved here, 3 yrs ago but wasn't geared up well enough CV and application wise so missed the deadline for it. It was as a NW rep for the company that makes the anatomically shaped silicon implants!! Only chanced on it when doing some research for my own recon surgery. I may have stood a good chance with it. Anyway . . . .  

But, hey. The wine's on me tonight girls. Won a tenner on the Post Code Lottery - WhoooHoooo!! It's better than a kick in the pants - innit

Janey - I like being incorrigible. Hope you get your ickiness settled down

Lotsa love DellyTennerWinner xxxx

Hoorrahh, I'm the first one here and have eaten almost all of Lesley's walnut cake - that was so scrummy. Cat Tongue I'm having to wait until 2019 when I'll be 65 and 3 months, aarrgh, for my pension. Should have got it next year at 63, then goal posts were moved.  Did you ever get any notification Lesley, as the gov promised we all had - I certainly didn't!!  Do have my teacher's pension and did go early at 59, but not what we'd planned for.  Saw some walnut cake in M&S, but knew Lesley's would be more delicious- and it was. Now just eaten the last bit - and licked the plate clean, what a good girl I am. Cat Very Happyxxx

Good morning lovelies,  the sun is shining, yay!  Didn't sleep with head hanging over bed to save the hairdo, but did walk into door frame in night on one if my many trips to the loo so now have a lovely bump.

When I was feel sicky Janey I used to take one of my anti sickness pills prescribed for when I get my migraines, they did help.  Hopefully this is only a temporary thing as. I've was and will soon pass, but if it persists ask GP about prescribing anti sickness pills.

With regard to pension forecast, I'm due to get my pension in December 2017 at age 64 years 3 months, I paid in over 44 years full NI contributions.  Recently requested a forecast so I could work my finances out, and what go you Know? I  will be getting a REDUCED state pension because for 11 years I was in a  final salary pension scheme provided By my employer at the time!  I'm furious but can't do anything about it so have to let it go and not get stressed.

enjoy your day - sorry can't think of any chocs beginning with W, you've used them all up, I'll make us a walnut cake for later if I get the time jnstead. X

Woo hoo, it's Wispa Wednesday, Walnut Whip Weds, Wagon Wheel Weds - are they still around?? Ha. Or Wedding Cake Weds (yum yum) Welsh cake weds and Wensleydale cheese on water biscuits for Dellywelly. Going into town for a walk round my lovely medieval city for birthday cards (ooops just wrote cake, not cards). Catch up later. Cat Very Happyxxx

Hello flowers! Still feeling grotty but a good day ordering udder milk (after Rubycat gave me permission!) and pottering in the garden. Dellydeelay you are incorrigible. I wouldn't make much money in a mag but I can milk a sheep - and lamb one!! I did get a pension forecast, even though I have to wait till 67. Short at the moment but should be ok in a few years. The leaflet said how to boost contributions if needed.
Lesley have a wonderful time tomorrow. I'm missing work banter but you lot are filling that gap brilliantly. I'm due out with colleagues next Wednesday but if still feeling queasy, I'm not sure The Ganges will be a good idea!!
Rubycat what delicious chocolates, cakes and savouries are planned for Wednesday?! The only food I've enjoyed. Night night all and thank you xxx
Community Champion

I Evening fellow travellers of the NHS, and previous travellers like Delly. 

JAney....how's your doing with the feeling a bit puke? I don't cope well with feeling sick,  so can imagine it's making you feel well below par. Has it stayed the same or improved? Can you maybe get something from the GP to keep with that, as if it's a temporary symptom then something for a while to get you through it might be good. A morning sickness type of thing sounds awful, as it never really leaves does it. 

Ruby cat......I know Salisbury cathedral really well. I've taken my very disabled father there a few times in the last few years, it is one of the few places we can move his large electric chair around and there is seating for food outside in the courtyard. Wouldn't it be odd if you had passed us/ seen us? You might well remember to be honest as we travel with 2 carers and a massive number of emergency medical trolleys containing kit. 

Lesely.....I think you should sleep with your head carefully placed over the edge of the bed, lol, you don't want to ruin the work of the hairdresser. You've been very energetic today!

Delly......funny you should bring up voluntary contributions, my other half brought it up only yesterday, and asked me to ring and find out where I stood with it and how much I need to still add As top up to be up to the right amount. You know that complicated stuff where they have to work out if after a few years the amount you have to put in reduces,  and other horrible stuff like that. I am ENTIRELY rubbish with financial matters, and the very thought of ringing fills me with dread. I gave up work a few years ago to carry out carer duties for someone, but am looking for something workwise myself now too. What business did you have?

i rang BCN today, to find out why I'd had no follow up appointment since rads at end of June. Apparently they will ring me in the next few days to make one, surely  it shouldn't be 3 months after rads finishes for your check up. Not that it matters I supposed, but until I've done this appointment I can't get transferred back to the original surgeon. She is the one I want to have contact with to ask some thing. 

Lovely cathedral Salisbury Ruby, and a very nice small city. Always enjoyed my visits there.

Roll on your pension year then. How long?

You've reminded me to get a forecast for mine. I've always kept up my minimum voluntary contributions since ceasing my business (12 yrs now!!) but have no idea what they'll entitle me to. Not expecting it to be much, but presume I would have the option to "top them up" to fill in for the missed years of full contributions. If I can do, Now is the time to do it, whilst I still have inheritance funds to do so. I keep leaving stuff like this for when I feel better mentally and more hot to do it, but I haven't felt better yet!! and months go by. Could do to get some kind of job, bring something in. Keep trying but not much around in this area.

Lotsa love

DellyDeeelayer ! xxx 

Thank you girls, really looking forward to it.  I too love history Rubycat.  I'm a big reader,mix up my reading, switch between a good thriller, contemporary novels, re read old favourites and historical novels.  In May (week before my diagnoses) we went for a long weekend to Weston Super Mare and went to Welles for the day and visited the cathedral there.  Being originally from London of course been to all the capital has to offer, visited York and and a few abroad.  About religion, I went to a convent so had it crammed down my neck, prayers before every lesson, mass twice a week, weekly confession (used to have to make up sins to confess) so once I left I'd had enough.  Not sure now if/what I believe, but old habits die hard and still says my prayers every night, just in case.  I really do hope there is something after this though, love this thought of everyone having a brilliant party somewhere and reuniting with loved ones.  Sorry, getting a bit deep, need to end on something witty but  can't think of anything except  really rude jokes which wouldn't be allowed on here, really don't want to be banned, need my friends on here.  Night night all xx