328279posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Re: Progesterone, assorted other hormones and fluffy cake

Hi Lady H.
Am still not understanding why Dr Sander's post was inappropriate, as the title of this thread is "Progesterone . . . " Am I being thick or something?
Thanks for educating me on your "Lawn Green" bowls Smiley Very Happy. Sorry Col's still suffering, and sorry your op's been delayed to Sept. xxx

Community Champion

Delly

The DrSaunders post was an inappropriate post for here so I reported it xx

Community Champion

Delly darling

Sorry I didnt see your post, I was out bowling in a league match last night.  I play lawn green bowls, which is the up and down one that you referred to earlier, our green does not have a crown on it and we wear white trousers during the day, after 6pm we re allowed to wear grey trousers.

Colin is still suffering hopefully the weather will break some time soon and he will get relief, he has the fan on 24/7 at the moment to try and keep his core temperature down. 

Well it looks as if my op will be some time in September as I need to hve a pre op first and then I will be booked in to my consultants list, but she reckons it will be about 8 weeks, gives me plenty of time to sort stuff out at home etc.,

xxx

Jak60 - Awwww, I've managed to trap all your trapped "wind", dear lady. Filled a balloon with, and am currently sailing through the air, but hoping no-one lights a flame!! Hope you're doing well too, with what you've been through on the BC and all else front

Well last nights peas weren't very well received on the birdy front, down at the small lake (rather than pond). It was 7 ish, so praps bedtime. What few came to taste weren't impressed. So went earlier tonight - 5 ish. Different kettle of peas (as oppo fish!) Gobble gobbled. Could have done with more!!

The female swan's decided to up nest today, from across the lake, and move it nearer to the public feeding point. Watched her for a while, pulling up grass to make her new nest. Don't know if she's been bothered by foxes or something else at her other site, (ME perhaps? Mmmm, wouldn't surprise me, haha!) and don't know if it's a good idea to move it so close to the public area. I was protectively pecked on the shins by her through the fencing posts yesterday, when I threw peas to her cygnets. No harm done - just comical. Very glad I had trousers on though!!

Saw two water voles too, treading on the dried up area. Have to throw a handful of peas to them too tomorrow.

Shall report back. Keep well all you lovely fluffs. 

Lotsa love, Delly Attenborough!! xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello lovely Grills

Dr Sanders - Very interesting post on Progesterone, thanks.

Have I missed something girls? Has someone's husband been having side effects from a lack of? Or was Dr Sanders post just based on the title of this thread?

LesleyLush - I hope you're over your Summer cold. Obviously not taking enough medicine (the "hic" stuff). How's Mr Lesley doing now?

Lady H - Hows Col? Any better? You haven't answered my bowling question.Read that you're still waiting on your gynae op, probably August you say. So you now need to go out and get a "bikini" for your post op. What? I wasn't  being insensitive to H's op girls. Helena needs to show off that her bikinin scar is just that, beneath her bikini line, don't you all think. Yey! - Watch out other page 3 girls!! Sorry it's cocked up your bowling - knowing how much you love it, so it must be very frustrating for you.

Darlin-Dizz - Have you had your results from your mammo? I've always wanted to go to the Scillies too. When are you off?

Clairee - Oh, I've just been reading on your hubbies enlarged heart scare. You poor loves, what a fright. Glad he's okay and glad to hear YOU are doing better. When do you break up for Summer hols? Did you decide to cut your hours back more in the end?

Ann-m - Hows your hubby's knee? I nursed my Mum through two knee replacements at 71, 3 months apart. I used to lie on her bed every morning, going through her exercises with her, to encourage her and make sure she did them, as she could be a bit lazy. Did ME some good at the same time as well. So yeh, it took less than 3 months to recover from the first. Amazing really. Be a gently bossy task mistress. All helps. Hope you're well yourself. 

Jobes - A very belated 50th - you youngster!!! Hope you celebrated your special birthday in style. Hows that beautiful g'daughter of yours? Do they live close by?

Rosietd - Good to see you. I'm an ally on the football dislike front. Hope you're well, are you?

Mcnulcc (Chris) - Hi, welcome and how lovely to see you on here to impart your gynae experience. But gather you've also had boob probs, with you saying you're having ops "higher up the body". I'm so sorry to hear that. I do hope you're doing well. Don't know what your BC experience is/has been, but I noted your posts on "The things people say". Perhaps you could fill us in if you feel up to, so we know better? I'd certainly like to know.

Alibobs - Understand you too have had a birthday. So Happpy Birthday, whatever the number. Noted you too on "The things people say". Perhaps your colleagues were just trying to be cheery! Trying to make light of something so serious?  

Sorry for all the ?? girls. It's because I'm so behind (bums!) - Would prefer to be in front (boobs!!), much nicer area of the body!!!

See you in a bit, on a less questioning post.

Loadsa lovey dovey xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 

Community Champion

jak

Got it, yep I have been warned about it, and I think I might be sleeping in the other room for a while!!  Dont know whether Colin will be able to cope with that Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Community Champion

Ladies

I have reported the DrSanders post x

Hi again Fluffilusciouslies

I hope you're all doing well. Still haven't caught up properly.
Lady H - Ha ha. So what is your type of bowling called?
Janey - I forgot to ask how's your daughter ? Is she fully recovered now?
Lee - I noted news of your ops. I hope you too are recovered and coping. I'm guessing you've started chemo by now, have you?

I'm just off to the park (just round the corner) for a gentle walk on another lovely evening, now that it's cooler. Phew. How long's this spell going to last I wonder. There's a lovely large pond with loads of birdies. Felt such a fraud when I went last week, as they all came over expecting food and I had none, they guilted me into coming back home and getting some. So I've been a few times since. Not just any old food though. They have a special menu notice up - no bread, but seedless grapes!!, cooked rice, peas, corn, bird food, oatmeal. I got chatting to a few people (as I do) and apparently this warm weather spell dried up the stream feeding the pond, the water turned stagnant and the eight huge carp residents that were introduced 20 odd years ago died because of. So they've installed two giant aerators, that run constantly, and banned bread. It seems to be the general thought now, not to feed birds bread. Fills them up, but not nourishing enough. They're having peas tonight.

I'm finding it very therapeutic, in the connecting with some wildlife bird sense (no, not the bowler wildlife!, though it's nice to chat), and they're so comical to watch when they stick their bums in the air (yes,some of the bowlers too! hee hee). Plus I desperately need the fresh air and exercise.

Very quiet on here - perhaps you're all out doing your watering can lifting exercises. That's all for now folks. I'll keep having a catch up read.
Lots of love to everyone. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Community Champion

Delly

Thats the one I do going up and down the same way, thats proper bowls Smiley Happy x

Oh Janey, Thanks babe. I hope your Dad's okay?
I'm impressed on the Cumber harvest. You women gardeners and your heroes! - Monty Don, Alan Titch, Percy Thrower (showing my age there!!)
Lotsa love to you all xxxxxx

Hello lovely fluffy ones.  Delly, great to see you back, but so sorry you've been having a tough time.  Lesley, you need a break methinks.  I'm getting "guns" from all the watering can lifting every night.  I shouldn't complain though, as we had a huge amount of rain yesterday, apparently, so I came back from a weekend away today and set to with a fork and trowel clearing out the triffid weeds and then harvesting - yep you guessed it, cucumbers!

Sorry, I've been off line a bit.  I think we've all had a bit too much going on the last few months reading all these posts and I was thinking how we all seem to be getting stronger, even though the knocks keep happening.  I did a long haul trip to see a poorly Dad this weekend in Essex and know I wouldn't have managed the drive a year ago.  that said, I'm shattered now and catching up with a bit of Monty Don Gardeners' World on iplayer and having a lovely cuppa.

Love to all and I hope other halves are on the mend as I type xx

And very Happy belated 60th birthday wishes, H  xxx

Ps - Was thinking bout choo, Lady H. Had a walk in my local park, to an area I didn't know about until I chatted to a couple of guys off for a bowl. Went to look upon before heading home.
I'd only ever seen people bowl from one end of a green to another. (What's that called?). Had never seen bowling "across" a green, so discovered the meaning of "Crown Green" bowling. Watched for quite a while - peaceful evening and occupation :-) xxx

Awww, Lady H. Thanks. 

Sending love to you and Col. Hope he recovers soon xxxx

Community Champion

delly

Helloooooo lovely to hear from you again xxx

Oooooh Lovely Fluffs. How much I've missed youhoo's. Had self probs (mental head state - need decapitating! Smiley Wink) and b/band probs, so didn't get sorted for ages. B/bands sorted, but am still waiting for head replacement

Hope Col and Lesley's hub recover soooon.

Darlin-Dizzy - Fingers crossed for your mamm results to be good.

Am way behind on yers, so need to have a read. 

Love you all loads and loads

Doolally xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lesley

It's good to know himself is on the mend, but goodness you've had a time of it. I hope you feel better soon and he stays well for a while, you could do with a break.

I had my mammogram this morning, definitely very ouchy. Last year it was fine, but this year she was very heavy handed, and I now have two operated boobs to feel it. But it's good to get it out of the way. And no ultrasound this year, last year they gave me heart failure when they called me back in and said the radiologist wanted one. The films were being read on the spot because the surgeon was waiting for the results to book me in.

Well we had weather warnings yesterday for thunderstorms and heavy rain, but in the event we had a quick shower,  not enough to do much good for my poor grass. And now we seem to be back to wall to wall sunshine, this has been a strange year.

Hello all,

Been ages since I’ve bedn on here.  So much been happening.  Himself has been laid low with yet another chest/lung infection though thankfully on the mend now, plus other stuff I won’t bore you with.  It’s so flipping hot, no rain for I don’t know how long, both lawns are straw and watering the plants every night is exhausting.  Gone down with a summer cold, went all winter without one, now in this tropical heat, sore throat, temperature, aches pains and cough.  Feeling a bit better today thank goodness as I’m going to a friends birthday lunch to be held in her new revamped garden.

From reading your last comment Lady H I see Colin is not having a good time.  Hoping he improves soon, being in bed in this heat must be awful, bad enough at night with fan on full blast.  Stil, we always moan whatever the weather, it’s the law if you’re British.

Hoping all you other gorgeous Willows are ok xx

Community Champion

Dizzy

He does look better than yesterday and he said just that he is feeling better, I think it will be a couple of days yet before he will be getting out of bed though, which to be honest is not a bad thing.  He said when he was sitting up yesterday to eat his dinner it was as if he was on an old bus which was shaking from side to side, his balance even sitting was affected.

It is still very hot here, windy and a little overcast but no rain, it is extremely humid as well and they forcasting that it is not going to get below 18 overnight either so a very unpleasant night ahead.

xxx

Helena, I hope Colin is more comfortable today. We have a breezy, overcast day, but so far only a few drops of rain. It's definitely cooler than it was. But where is the rain when you want it?.!!

Community Champion

Dizzy

I know, the verge outside is strawlike, I have managed to keep the lawns okay at the moment but they are asking us to avoid using hoses as much as possible.

I saw that on the news earlier it looks as if you are going to get a good downpour.  I wish we could have some here as it might cool things done, Colin is really suffering as the heat has now built up on him and his balance is very bad, he has spent the day in bed today, thank goodness as he has been fighting it so much over the last week.

xxx

We still have a very strong breeze, I can't put the parasol up. And yesterday was very windy. But I've got a few outside jobs done today, so now I'm putting my feet up in the shade. We have weather warnings for heavy rain tomorrow, the lawn is desperate for it, it's  mostly straw coloured. 

Community Champion

Dizzy

We had the winds quite strongly yesterday but they appear to have easedtoday.  It is very warm at the moment.

I know what you mean we have had the fan on in the evening as it is just too hot and that is with the doors open as well, but there does come a time when you have to decide when to close them, mind you they would probably be attracted by the light of the TV anyway never mind having the light on.

Off to sit on the patio before it gets too hot  xxx

Ann, there have been times when I think 20 would be very nice! We've had to have all the doors and windows open till really late at night because it's been so hot. I hate moths, so it's a toss up between closing up and cooking or putting the lamps on so I can read but bringing the moths in. And it's hot work carrying watering cans at the allotment in the evenings, oh for a hosepipe!

We went to the Subtropical Gardens at Abbotsbury yesterday, it was lovely and shady.

Community Champion

Thanks Helena, even our new neighbours commented on the wind today! The sun’s strong, but is still around 20c here 😎 xxx
Community Champion

ann

Hope the weather is a lot warmer for you today xxx

Community Champion

ann

blowing some of our hot weather towards you but I dont think I have enough puff xxx

Community Champion

Thanks Dizzy, the OH is getting on fine, hobbling about the house & garden & doing his physio exercises & yes, it does take a bit of time, but the knee is already functioning better than when it has flared up in the past.

Do have lovely break in the Scilly Isles, we've never been & would love to.

Well, our cormer of east Kent was cool & grey this morning, cleared in the afternoon, now there's a northerly wind - so temp has only got to about 20c or so. By going about 30 miles west or south, it's glorious - not fair!!!

ann xxx ⛅️ 😎

Community Champion

Dizzy

Oh how lovely, that is somewhere I have always fancied going to but it didnt happen, would love the fact that there are very few cars. 

xx

We're going back to the Scillies, which is where we went for our honeymoon, we go back every few years as it's really sweet and old fashioned. There are very few cars, visitors can hire golf buggies, but really you can walk everywhere, and get boat trips onto the other islands. 

After watching The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, I think Guernsey might be next on our list, our plan is to visit most of the islands round Britain, health permitting. 

Ann, how is your husband doing, knee replacements are meant to be quite a long recovery period I think?

Community Champion

Dizzy

Good luck for Monday and whey hey holibobs time, where are you off to?

xxx

Goodness, I thought the hot weather was everywhere. We have had a cool breeze though, so it's really nice in the shade, I can't stay out long in full sun though.

I'm the next one on the list for the mammogram, it should have been in June but I had to cancel and it was almost a  month before there was a slot, so they're obviously busy. But it's Monday, then we're off on holiday on Tuesday.

Community Champion

Good evening lovely fluffies,
Well, I’ve got into the football now & it’s certainly getting interesting...! ⚽️
We’ve not had much of a heat wave here, thanks to the North Sea - cloud & cool winds. I even had some drops of rain on my car windscreen today so do hope you’re all ok with it where you are 😎
Love to you all
ann 💖
Community Champion

rosie

Sorry to disappoint but I dont watch tennis either, cant stand the game.  Afraid it is bowls which I play, cricket and rugby for me xx

Aha - a partner in crime - I am fed up with the football too.

Roll on Wimbledon!

xxx

Community Champion

Morning all

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine.

I am sitting on the patio with a cuppa admiring my handiwork asthe fence and gate are now completed.  I have also pruned a very unruly bush in the garden as well, so now going to spend the rest of the day doing nothing, and that also means not watching any fipping football.

Have a lovely day whatever you are doing my lovely fluffies.

Lee not heard from you in a while, hope everything is ok.

Beth same with you, sending you hugs

Helena xxx

Community Champion

rosie

Thanks for that xxx

Community Champion

Jak

Hiya, lovely to hear from you.  Yep bit of a pain but hopefully when it is sorted that will be it for me for a very long time I hope xx  I am giong to try to be a very good girl and to that end I am getting everything done that I was planning to do over the summer, done now.

Did you manage to sort out about ESA.

Helena xxxx

Hugs to you Clair and hubbie,  why oh why are they so flipping laid back when it’s skmething really serious to do with their own health?  When it’s us they expect us to go and get it sorted pdq but themselves, oh no, different matter not realising g how much extra stress it causes us.  Now they now about the heart problem hopefully they’ll keep on top of things.

Ann,  not sure how long my gardening enthusiasm  will last, probably not thst long, it is hard work though have to say it is very rewarding seeing the things I planted flourishing, I’m a dab hand with secatuers  (probably a bit too enthusiastic) but not so keen on weeding xx

Hi Helena,

haven't been on here for a while trying to move on. Needed to post about ESA and saw your news. I hope it all goes well for you and sorry you have to have another operation. I had my womb removed when I was 39 (24 years ago)  - it was fine you just need to rest for as long as your told and yes something for trapped wind is definately on the list!

xx Jak

Helena - when I had my ovaries out last October, they provided the sanitary towels. In fact it took me two or three hours post op to even realise that my lovely hospital paper pants were no longer there! I put it down to post-anaesthetic brain .....

xxx

Community Champion

Oh goodness Clair, you both could certainly do without that, hugs & best wishes to you both x
Thanks Helena, he’s fine, home tomorrow
ann 💖
Community Champion

ann

Oh crikey you are going to be busy, hopefully he is recovering well xxx

Community Champion

Clair

Sending you and hubby lots of love and hugs xxxx

Evening fluffies everywhere 😘
Helena there is some great advice on here for you and it's funny how many of us have had gyne problems before and after diagnosis? I'm sure we'll all keep you busy with lots of news and funny pics from our lovely Rubycat xxxx
It's been a funny old week we spent 5 hours in the emergency department last night and it's quite a story ....
hubby went to the dr because his ankle was swollen he's on 4 lots of high blood pressure tablets and had stopped one of them a few weeks ago anyway he didn't feel well and wanted to get checked out while he was there explaining how he felt they said he needed to go straight to hospital as they thought he was having a heart attack!!! They offered him an ambulance and he said no then came home cool as you like and told me. I was in the middle of doing tea so flew into panic and turned everything off and flapped about he was still calm ! Anyway it turns out he has a large heart and has been suffering with muscle spasms due to stress no heart attack this time ( his work is stressful and all the other stuff we go through ) he has to go to the rapid response unit and have more tests done in the next 2 weeks he's fine now I'm shattered, I was very scared that I'd lose him 😉
I'm really feeling ok today and coping much better with life and all it brings so I know I've turned a huge corner. Xxxxx
Have a lovely weekend whatever your doing and I'm thinking a lot about our friends we haven't heard from in a while sending you all special love and hugs xxxxxx
Community Champion

Good evening lovely fluffies
Do hope you're feeling ok about it all, Helena & you certainly seem to be well organised already x

Anyway, the hubster has just had a knee replacement & is due home tomorrow on crutches. I wish I could feel as enthusiastic about the garden as you Lesley, as now it’s all down to me. He’s already got me a list of jobs to do 🙄!
Love to you all
ann 💖

Lady H, it was so many years ago I had mine, I think they gave me towels for the first couple of days when I had a very light bleed then, nothing, EVER again.  My cut was bikini line, right from side to side but so neat and it’s completely faded now, can’t see it all.  However, I did have a woman surgeon and had mentioned to her I was concerned about the scar, she told me not to worry I’d hardly notice it and she was right, once it healed and swelling and redness gone i5 was a very faint white line, and as I say it’s virtually disappeared over the years.

Turned up for second yoga session last night and the replacement teacher covering the beautiful French lady’s maternity leave didn’t bring mats (original teacher assured us mats provided) no way was I going to get down on a hard wooden floor.  My friend was most annoyed and told her so.  She told use to come next week and she wouldn’t charge us.  Will give her a try and if she’s ok I’ll bu6 my own mat but I’ve a feeling I’m not going to like her as much so will probably wait until September when the other comes back.

Yes, think I have got the gardening bug, not so keen on the weedingthough xx

Community Champion

Chris

Oh thank you so very much for that, I am putting together a shopping list at the moment, got leggings, jogging bottoms, nightie (that is going to be interesting!!), dressing gown and the consequent toiletries.

I love that no matter what, you can come on here and there is always someone who will be able to helpand support borne out of experience, even if it is not directly related to our bc diagnosis, it has been a godsend over the past two years having all the wonderful ladies on here.

One thing I am thinking about is do I need to get sanitary towels to take in?  It is amazing the things you think about.  I am sure when I go back on 2 July I will no doubt be given a big list of do's and dont's etc.

I am arranging for a local man who does my hedges to cut the lawn every week as that is something which will get to me.  We have assisted collection for the bins as my partner has MS.  I have a wonderful network of friends who are already getting a rota together so that I am not tempted to do anything.  It is all the little things that you take for granted that you do, which will be out of the question for several weeks.

I am really hoping it will be bikini line rather than the big one, hopefully because it is only my womb that they are removing I might get away with that, but knowing my luck.

Right off to get some creosote for the fences Smiley Happy

Helena

Ladybowler I had my operation just on 20 years ago actually a couple of weeks before my 40th birthday can't believe I am almost on my 60th and having operations again all be it higher up the body. Just wanted to say nice big knickers elastic waisted joggers and peppermint tea bags fizzy water should be on your shopping list. I was back at work commuting on a weekly basis from Liverpool to London within 6 weeks. Bikini line surgery and apart from the initial discomfort I actually had very little pain. Baby steps as far as house work and garden but you will be back in the swing of things before you know it Best wishes Chris x

Lesley

Oh yes, you're definitely a gardener now, wanting things done your way is a dead giveaway. There's something very therapeutic about pottering round with the secateurs making it all look nice, it's good for stress. Better than grinding your teeth if himself is being frustrating...