Sertraline

Hi all

So I’ve just been prescribed Sertraline and wondered if anyone else is on this drug and how do you find it?

My mood has been really bad lately so hoping it helps.

Also on anastrazole and zolodex so guess my hormones are pretty mixed up! I was very reluctant to take an anti depressant so just hope they are helpful.

Thanks!

MM

xx

Hi MM

All credit to you for recognising a bit of extra help wouldn’t go amiss. I know someone who takes this and she’s completely satisfied. It didn’t suit me but I’ve found another SSRI that does. You just persist in trying them one by one. After chemo, a car accident and radiotherapy, I found myself with neuropathic pain (I think all the pain signals were completely screwed up in my brain!) and I have pregabalin for that. The impact on my mood was immediate and almost measurable. My GP wants me to stick with it, regardless of the pain issue, and come off the SSRI next Spring. Watch this space…

I hope it suits you and resolves the low mood. Good luck x

Am not on sertraline but on another ssri citalopram been on them since 2013 but upped dose after diagnosis you can feel worse before feel better but they do help xxx

Hi there MysteryMouse,

I am on week 3 of taking Sertraline. I was taken of fluxotine because it doesn’t agree with Tamoxfin or maybe it was Herceptin…actually I’m not sure which one.

I found up until the end of the 2nd week pretty grim…I felt soooooo sad and pretty angry too!

This weekend I have felt so so much better…my doctor said to try to stick with it for at least 3 weeks but to go back to him if I didn’t feel it was any benefit to me as there are other medications to be tried until you find one you can come with.#

Hope this helps x

Hi I’ve been on sertraline for many years certainly the best one I’ve been on. I’m starting h/t and r/t Thursday and I’m a tad nervous about side effects x