1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Side effects of femara

catokitty

Re: Side effects of femara

Elke, have you tried changing the time of day you take your pill?  I have been on letrozole for 18 months and still get nausea if I take it first thing in the morning without food.  I take it with breakfast now and I am fine.   My mouth does get dry leaving me with a horrid taste so I drink plenty of water which helps.   I know some people take it at night to avoid problems with nausea. It's a pain isn't it but I guess it is worth it.  

elke nicholson

I have been on Letrozole (Femara) for 10 months now, and the worst side effect is constant nausea, together with a metallic taste in the mouth.

Has any of you suffered the same - and:  if yes, will it pass, and when??

Many thanks.

Elke

Fidonald

I must be very lucky as my side effects are minimal - the other good thing is that after only 6 weeks, my tumours have shrunk - when you think of the side effects of chemotherapy, this is a walk in the park alowwing a normal life - yes i get tearful sometimes, yes i have slight pain in my breast, underarm and lungs but heaven above, I am so grateful it has shrunk these tumours already.  My oncologist was very encouraged by the results - the xrays taken in October and the one taken yesterday show the shinkage. I am very pleased.

nidavellir

oh thank goodness it's not just me! I started Letrozole eleven months ago after five years on Tamoxifen (with no particular side effects) but I have aged ten years! I have stiff joints and cannot easily get up from the floor without hanging onto something; I have sustained ligament problems in my knees; even getting up from sitting or from bed causes me to waddle like an old crone! My hair has become greasy and for the for the first time in my life I have an itchy scalp and dandruff. I was wondering whetherthe problem was stopping Tamoxifen or starting Letrozole, but I now see it is the latter. And I am sooo tired all the time!

ctbaker5

I've been on Femara for three months and I've not had the joint issues but I'm definitely having hot flashes and, most recently, LOTS of crying over every little thing! My oncologist put me on Effexor at the same time as the Femara and I think that's helped with the hot flashes. Even though I still have the flashes, I think they would be much worse without the Effexor. I also take 1mg of Clonazepam at bedtime with all my other meds. It sounds like a lot of meds but I'm finding my way in this relatively new journey and this seems best for me right now. I'm 48 years old (surgically post-menapausal for about 13 years) and found out June 20th I have invasive ductal carcinoma, grade 2, ER+, PR+, HER2-. It was found early and not in my lymph nodes so I'm Stage 1 and no chemo. I'm two weeks post-rad (33 treatments). I have large breasts so the radiation burned me really bad and I'm still healing and growing new baby-soft replacement skin! Some days I think this new journey as I call it is overwhelming and is probably part of this new crying thing! Other days I think it's the Femara and I'll just spend the next 5+ years crying at the drop of a hat! I do have a question...has anyone had nausea with Femara? I do have bouts of occasional nausea that reminds me of morning sickness. I don't know where this comes from...if it's the Femara or not.
donnabmf

I have been on Letrozol for about 5 months.  Initially the joint pain was unbearable.  The doc and I figured out that there was a interaction with my cholesterol med.  He suggested I get off of the Letrozole and Simvastin for 2 weeks and then introduce the Letrozole back into my body by itself.  Initially this helped the joint pain.  But as time goes on and the letrozole builds up in my system the joint pain is back.  In addition to the joint pain, I am now getting muscle pain in my hands, feet, shoulders and arms.  I was an active 62 year old woman before BC.  Now I feel like an old lady.  I can't imagine feeling like this for the next 5 years, 

dancingpip

Hi Janee 1760 - You are mirroring my experiences exactly.  Can you tell me whether you have actually stopped taking the letrozole?  I am now in such discomfort with tightened skin and aching joints that i really can't face the remaining 7 years of my 10 year prescription.  When I told the Oncologist that I was depressed she prescribed anti-dpressants ......however, I chose not to go down that route, feeling that she had totally missed the point.  How are things with you now?  Has anyone out there had the courage to stop taking the letrozole?  I would love to hear all opinions.  Best wishes and support to all.

NickyG

Hi Ladies, I have been on Letrazol for about 9 months now following lumpectomy, sentinal lymph nodes removal & radiotherapy.  I get hot flushes and joint pain - my Oncologist suggested Cod Liver Oil for the joint pain and Evening Primrose Oil (high dosage - I take 2 x1300mg daily) for the hot flushes - they both help but are not a cure-all.  My biggest problem is lack of sleep.  BC Nurse suggested taking the tablets in the evening rather than the morning which I think also helps but I am just soooo tired.  I take herbal sleeping tablets which give me about 4-5 hours sleep on a good night but it's just not enough for me to function well on.  I am persevering as I read that Letrazol is about the best for keeping the cancer at bay and I am scared to switch to an altrnative and get it back again.  Any suggestions?  Keep strong ladies xx

Janetgag

Re: Side effects of tetrosol

I have been taking letrozole for approximately six months. I now have severe pain down my right leg and it is only getting worse after five weeks. I have had X-rays, MRI's, nerve tests and no one has A

diagnosis. For short term I was given pain medication that made my life more bearable but they won't give me any more due to it's addictive

nature. I was taking  oxicodone, Valium, and prednisone. This combination worked

I was given injections in my arms and in my rear end. And the list of other drugs that I have tried which I won't describe here have done nothing for me. My pain is so unbearable  I would rather die than go ahead like this. 

I am stopping the letrozole and I'm going to have a bone scan tomorrow. I hold out no hope .

Rebmiller65

I have been having terrible leg pain at night for months.  I lose lots of sleep. I quit femara for a few weeks  and it didn't get any better. It seems from reading that it may do some long term effects and stopping for a few weeks may not accurately say that isn't what is causing the pain. I am 50 and feel 80 many days because of joint and leg pain. Becky

kimeet

Ruth, bless your heart. I just finished after 5 years with numerous side effects from letrozole. I have been having major dizzy spells since about 6 months after I started it. I starting having really bad stomache pain for no reason so my General Doctor put me on digestive enzymes which really helped. But, I didnt put it together. Swallowing problems where all my medicine would get stuck going to down and had to chase it with other food. Went to a Gastro Doctor he did 3 upper GI's and 1 lower found no problem, never put it together since taking letrozole. He had me taking a medicine that was illegal in the states because people had died from it. I could only get it in Canada. 132.00 a month. Bad neck and base of the scull headaches. Hurt in every joint, swelling in every joint. Omgoodness not sleeping at night. Waking up so dizzy and just feeling like I had been hit by a mac truck. Also, POTS postural orthostatic blood pressure, fibromyalgia, and miss diagnosed with Scleraderma which can kill you. Never thought anything until I just passed out in May at work hit my head and loss my job due to all my health problems. So I went to a IGNORANT Neurologist that did some tests all where good and I told him I still wasnt feeling right. Asked him about letrozole (femara) he said I dont know not my field. Gave me Valium, and Cymbalta to take said I was crazy and it was all in my head.Needless to stay, not going back ever. So I went to my oncologist she said this little pill could have very well caused all of these things. I had just went alittle over my 5 years. She took me off of it. Things haved cleared up incredibly still just a tiny bit of headaches in the morning but thats it. Oh yes loss the hair too. Get Biotin take 10,000 mcgs a day. its back with a vegence. Ruth letrozole (femara) is a Chemo Pill I guess they told me and I didnt pay attention. Get off and stay off. Im a cancer survivor X3 Breast, thyroid and uterin and not in my family at all. O just saw a natural doc say 97 percent of chemo patients it does nothing for. Sweet Lady God Bless You and hang in there please put in your search engine on the internet letrozole and you will see come up. Letrozole_chemotherapy drugs get on there and look at all the side effects. I WILL NEVER AGAIN MYSELF do it. I did also the 33 treatments of radiation. It was hard but not as hard as this killing medicine. God Bless You 

Ruth Hill

Hello , my name is Ruth , I have had my surgery, had 3 weeks of radiation, but I can't take one more day of femara. Over the first 3 weeks on it I became a sweating crying mess. By week 6 I told the oncologist where to shove em.

i had no periods for 9years now but on femara I had period pains, sweats, crying , temper tantrums, the oncologist has agreed I should stop taking them a week ago and I'm back to normal. No sweating,crying,cramping. 

Going back to see her on the 29th of July to see where I go from here.

my very best wishes to all in our club.xx

Janee1760

Hello dear ladies! Well isn't this fun?! I've been popping the Letrazole at a dose of 25mg daily for 3 years. Initially was told would be taking for 5-7years. Already been back to Oncolgy a couple of times but they weren't keen to changr. Just been told the guidelines have changed and will now be expected to take for a total of 10 years! To which I replied 'NO'. Waiting now for Oncology appt for resolution. Like many of us I used to be a very active, fit 52 year old. Now 4 years on I'm unable to do any of the activities I used to do and enjoy! Now 56 feeling 96! Work full time but by lunchtime I'm really flagging and struggle to concentrate. This is so difficult, yes we have life (and I've lost dear friends through BC) but without the quality leaving a yoyo of emotions. Inside I'm jumping for joy but the Letrazole prevents me from doing the physical jumping! Good luck to all 😆
koshlake57

Dear DRM

I too have had 4 instances of tendonitis and I think another problem starting with my hip.  This is all since October and I have been on letrozole 11 months now.  The young oncologist last week said to me "How can you be sure it is the drug?"  But at least he referred me to a rheumatologist.  A physio I saw in Florida for these injuries/issues said that he thinks people taking many cancer drugs including Letrozole seem to be more susceptible to reptitive strain type injuries.  It is very very frustrating.  A year ago I felt 40 (age 59) and now I feel 80.  I have also been referred to the Homeopathic Hospital at Queen's Square (London) to see if they have any suggestions for the joint pain and menopausal symptoms.  I have found that heat - bath, hot water bottle, hot tub on holiday all help the general joint pain, but I think it will be continual physiotherapy and exercises that repair the "injured" tendons.  You are not alone!  Just keep trying things and sharing information.

Gillyyo

Hi , yes I've taken citalopram with Femara for 5 years .. They seem to work well together ... Now reduced to Half a citalopram , as trying to wean off them . Good luck x

Gillyyo

Hi fellow Letrizole users

I have been taking Femara ( not the generic ) for 5 years now .. I'm actually due to stop them .. A wee bit scared to stop the drug as I am told it wards off the  oestrogen .. Had no biggy side effects apart from a bit of mood swing , which a small dosage of citalopram does the trick . Just had a bone scan .. All good .... However of course long term taking of any drug has its side effects ... There have been trials to incorporate tamoxifen and Femara .. i think it was called the Atlas trial ? ... Anyway bottom line I think is listen to your body ... An Oncologist I visited this week is happy to keep me on them for a further 5 years ?? But the question is am I a Guinea pig ?   yep have a big division to make ... Look on the Internet and check out the serious   " the truth about cancer " phew it blows your mind . Are all the drugs they are dishing out poisoning us all ?? 

Carolyn52

Hiya Murphy. The side effects of all the hormone pills are a pain. It's just finding the best one I took tamoxifen and then switched to arimidex for three years. I tolerated this really easily but now the letrozole is the preferred treatment for me. Although I take mine in the morning ...maybe it would help to take it in the evening and then the worse se would hopefully b at night!! Hugs xxx
Murphy1963

Hi, the side effects from femara have definitely got worse for me as time has gone on. I'm been taking letrozole just over a year now and the pains I have are no laughing matter. I have a really sore hip that I've plucked up the courage to get checked, but fingers, elbows, feet, knees are all so sore too. I also have thought for the last couple of weeks that my hair was thinning, only for my 10 year old to just tell me there that I'm going bald again!!!! I also recently started having hot flashes, something I haven't had up until a couple of months ago. It's just never ending xx

Carolyn52

Hi dem. I have been on letrozole ( femera) nearly four months now and seem to have got over most of the side effects that I got to begin with. I do get aching but not sure if its the bone Mets or the letrozole.I find a hot water bottle at night good. I take cod liver oil day as well and a vit c tablet to keep colds and bugs at bay!
BUT.. my hair is getting thinner and I have cut it down to washing it once a week and avoid brushing it but scrunch it daily !! Last week my scalp was very itchy and tender....aagh.
Carolyn xxx
drm

I have been on letrozole 12 mths and can cope with the hot flushes but the pains in my hands and now feet are becoming intolerable - getting worse, not better. I currently have severe tendinitis in my left ankle and foot and can hardly walk, my hands are almost unusable when I wake up. I identify completely with the feeling that I have suddenly become old, stiff and moany (previously fit active 60 year old). The only thing that works for the pain and stiffness is to keep moving regularly (except the tendinitis which gets worse). I use ibuprfen gel as don't want to take painkillers/NSAIDs regularly, only when desperate.

Has anyone had any benefit from cod liver oil caps please? Any other magic solutions???!!! I will persist in the hope of keeping the cancer at bay but sometimes I really wonder if it's worth it. Moan over.

borbie

Hi did you change from letrozole to tamoxifen? I've stopped letrozole 2 weeks ago as side effects so severe and they want me to try tamoxifen ? Lucy
Silks

I forgot to mention that I take a couple of Osteo Panadol on my bad days. It helps me.
Silks

Hi Ladies
I was on Femara at same time I was on Herceptin for 6 months during which I had those joint aches we talk about all the time. After Herceptin stopped (Oct 15) things seem to have settled a little. My aches are nowhere near as much or as severe as they were. And that still seems to be improving. Fatigue still hits me every now and again and so do headaches and small short waves of mild nausea (not sure what that's about).
So in general I can say that for me side effects are definately on the improve.
Hang in there ladies....it is so important.
Sissy

Well, I had already been on happy pills for many years because of my Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). I have all of the same side effect complaints as everybody else. One thing the happy pills have done is prevent the hot flashes associated with this drug; I just don't have em. However, what I dob't have in hot flashes, I make up for in aches and pains and spurts of irritability and ANXIETY (go figure!). Every bone in my body hurts. The heel of my left foot hurts so bad that I can stand or walk on it for very long. If I sit down and get back up, I'm hurting. I feel like a handicapped person. I'm 55 in a 80-year old body.
Suziex

Hi I'm also having aching joints I have been taking letrozole sine March this year. I would be interested if any of you ladies are anything along the letrozole to help the joint problem eg. Cod liver oil?

suziex

Murphy1963

Hi ladies, I have been on zoladex and letrozole since December 2015. At first I was given generic letrozole but I think about April I ask for and was given Femera as I'd heard it was the best. I can't say I feel any different with the change of brands, they have all given me severe joint pain. I am like an old lady getting out of bed in the morning or getting up if I've been sitting for a while. My little boy says I walk like a zombie!! I was a fairly young looking 51 year old but in the last year I have aged at least 20 years. I was so fit and healthy before bc, the meds have certainly taken their toll on my body. I would never not take them though xx

poppyj

Hello Sarah NOLA

I've been on Letrozole since February 2014. I didn't recognise my symptoms as side effects at first as so much else going on (tests, surgery, etc) and felt that flushes/ mood-swings were part shock and part relief that the cancer had been discovered (hopefully in time). Joint pain however reached the "unbearable" stage. Over the next months I was given 3 or 4 different makes, and only recently persuaded my GP to specify Femara for a trial period to see if joint pain improves having read on this site of so many others in my position. I'm now on my 3rd pack of Femara but difficult to tell if it has helped as I've now been diagnosed with Osteoarthritis. I wonder whether the tablets have weakened my joints, as my knees frequently "give way". Feel I've aged 20 years in 18 months but trying to remain positive. I can cope (just) with the flushes and mood-swings.  Will post again if I feel the change in meds has helped in any way. Sorry for the long post!

Best wishes, Poppyj

ollisj6

Hi sarah I have been on letrozole since march 2015 and for me the joint pain hasn't subsided whatsoever I daily take an ibuprofen and try and walk at least a couple of miles a day it is such an effort and same with me getting up in a morning or when I have been sat a while last month I had a bone scan as a precaution as the joint pain was so bad thankfully it came back clear I have had a chat with my lovely breast care nurse and she said I could change to tamoxifen if I wanted I'm dubious and can't decide whether to or not also my cholesterol has gone up another side  effect of femera but then it's a catch 22 as this tablet is hopefully keeping the cancer at bay love judi x

Sarah NOLA

I would like to hear from those who have been on femara for a long time, does the joint pain lessen?

When I started taking femara in June 2015, I had the "pizza oven" side effect; within an hour of taking it, I felt as though I were being baked in an extremely hot oven, different from a hot flash.  I was pleased when that sensation just faded to the point where it is totally tolerable.

But now, more than five months after I started the medication, the achy joints side effect kicked in.  And the term "achy" does not do the feeling justice; when I stand up after sitting for a while, or start descending a staircase in heels, I feel as though my joints have come completely out of their anchor, are not functioning.  My arms feel heavy, from my ankles to my neck, I feel as though someone had thrown acid on each joint.

When I was diagnosed this year, I was a women in her fifties defying her age, feeling my best, athletic and flexible, no typical signs of degeneration or slowing down.  Half a year later, I feel, as many women have posted, twice my age.  I can't sleep, I wake up crying, it takes me forever to get out of bed, my brain is fuzzy (don't know if that is the lack of sleep and tolerating this pain, or whether it is another side effect).  

Like so many other women have said, I feel my quality of life is shot.  I don't know if I can stay on this medication to hopefully eke out a slightly higher chance of avoiding a recurrence.  Can anyone tell me whether the joint issue abates, or whether it stays this way.

madffm

Dear All
I posted a note in May when I went on Letrozole, however, after one week, and having every single side effect stated on the 'leaflet' during that time, my onco told me to stop taking it as I had a severe allergic reaction. Went back on to tamoxofin and within a week was back to 'normal' again. Since then a brand change caused a similar reaction. Now due a prescription review and wondering where this is going. I agree that the long term side effects are not really considered and I like others expected to be 'pre cancer' me but no, I am better but still have limits.
Keep smiling
GIJaneH

I don't know the medical answer to that question, but I've been on Letrazole for a year now, and had the odd glass of wine or two regularly! No-one ever said not to..... life is for living methinks! There are enough losses of all sorts as we go through this marathon without adding to them unless we have to! Hope she goes well... Jane

Alipalli

My wife is on her third week of letrozole (femara) as part of lump reduction strategy ahead hopefully of a lumpectomy. So far, no noticeable side effects which we presume is good news. Does any one know whether the odd glass of wine (she'd prefer the odd glass or two really!) does any harm?
pesteringpixie

Hello ladies

I started Letrozole and herceptin on 24 august and since then my quality of life has declined. Like many others i have joint pains, a common se of letrozole and herceptin so a double whammy for me. The worse thing has been the poor sleep. I get so tired but my sleep is awful.

Saw my lovely onc on wednesday and he has taken me off letrozole for 4 weeks to see if i improve. If i do, he will switch me to tamoxifen and see how i get on with that.

Like many others, i expected after surgery, chemo, rads to start to feel well again, but its the reverse,.

Has anyone else been switched from letrozole to tamoxifen?
pixie xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Tubby, feel the same way. Have been taking Femera since May and can't believe how unfit I know am. Keeping at it all and hoping things will improve? Do you get any headaches with it? Regards Jane.
Guest user
Not applicable

Finally found someone who is experiencing same SE as I. Sometimes like a very old granny. Find Aqua seems to help 🙂 Jane
pargayan

Hi curently on Ranbaxy Letrozole - similar ingredients to Sandoz. Have been on it for 8 weeks now along with calcichew D3 tablets. I had terrible joint pains to start with but the brain fog I had on arimidex has not yet materialised and the flushes are also manageable. After 4 weeks I changed the brand of calcichew to Adcal and the joint pains have eased considerably. I do get trigger thumb quite regularly but can live with that, I am also on glucosamine and cod liver oil tablets. I never thought calcichew tablets could be the culprit for the aches but have to trust my body's reaction.
Do find I am more weepy than usual, mind you that could be down to trying to come to terms with everything.

Guest user
Not applicable

I am sitting crying here, with relief. I am having side effects from Letrosole, sore joints and terrible flushes but I don't know anyone else on this drug so to read about other people suffering the same side effects make me realise that I'm not a moaning minnie or going of my head. I had chemo 7 years ago for ovarian cancer that left me with sore joints and terrible flushes but I was starting to feel better then last Nov I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I was put on Letrosole in Feb and for the first month I felt terrible. It did get better but I still feel stiif and like an old woman. I feel it's really taken a toll on my body. I think i will go and speak to my GP and see if she will give me something to help. My oncologist basically said you just need to get on with your life and wasn't very helpful at all. Thank you everyone x
wintersocks

Hi Lilac Blue and others...
I am one month into taking Letrozole. I am having no side-effects as far as I can tell (still tired post-mx) 1 month too. Am I speaking too soon?

Lilac_Blue

Browen et All,
I'm in to my second month on Letrozole and I hate it but I take it. Stiff, achey, mind much, bone tired. Someone said only the women who have SE's go online and complain. Damn right and who are these woman who have no SE's? I'd love to be one of them. All I think is, four years and ten months more to go and this is as good as it gets!
ziggythegreat

Hi,
I just came back to reading the website as, following a trip this morning to my GP I've been given 'happy pills'. I am not exactly ecstatic at the thought of taking them, but letrozole- nearly two years now- has made me so tired and down. She argues that because my tiredness is drug-induced (she agrees that letrozole does this) then taking other drugs to 'undo' the effects should be fine. Has anybody else been given that advice and how have you got on with them? It feels like admitting defeat as I've always coped previously, but sometimes it all gets too much. I vaguely expected to feel fine by now, a year after a mastectomy, and I think I'm rather disappointed with myself, too. Not quite so big and brave as I thought I'd be and my scar is still uncomfortable. What a rat it all is. If not Happy pills, has anybody got a better suggestion?

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone. Nearly two years on, on femara, and the stiffness and pain in the tops of my arms has worsened. Someone suggested this could be the calcichew I have been taking for past 18 mths so I have just stopped that to see if it makes any difference. Still seeing the hot flushes and low moods but other wise ok. For those being given different brands of letrozole this happened too me last year and the increase in side effects was terrible. I spoke to my gp and she wrote on my precription femara instead of letrozole and I am please to say I have received femara ever since so for those of you having problems receiving femara it may help to have a word with your GP. Hope this helps.
ragamuffin

bumping for majelsty

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello, I wonder if anyone has had really bad lower back pain on Letrozole and has found an effective way of dealing with it, other than loads of painkillers. I am taking glucosamine and fish oil and would recommend that for joint pain in general but it doesn't help my back. I'd be really grateful for any suggestions that have worked. Many thanks.
hazelmary

Hello,
Yes I am feeling the same,have started having a few headaches, then get indigestion and some mornings I just don't feel with it. I have to think that it is Femara, been on it 3 years and have felt rubbish in one way or another after 6 months of being on it. I get fed up with myself moaning about it so can imagine others would feel the same! I eat healthily, do exercise, I gave up work last year because I thought the stress of the job was causing me to feel rough, what more can I do? Counting down the months till I can finish Femara.

Hazel

browen

Hi Everyone

I am still taking Letrozole but have been told I now have osteporisis and the Letrozole will make it worse, have tried most of the medications for osteo but they have all made me ill. They now want to try me on an injection to which I have said I am not too keen after finding out all about the side effects. I am going to see the oncologist and he is going to discuss the osteo and my hormone therapy medication, feeling very tearful and fearful, you think once you have had surgery and rads then tablets you can move on, but no that is not the case. Every day my body hurts and to think a year and half ago i was a very fit 59 year old had a good life now I just ache and can not do what I used to do get very weary every day. Does anyone else feel like this.

madffm

Lucky you, I have taken 2 tablets and am suffering big time. Headache, nausea, stiffness, lethargy shall I go on, ? However, thanks to this site I feel reassured. The problem is you assume the worst....but from reading posts I recognise that the longer I take it the less the SE are or should be..so will get on with the day just at a slower pace.
hazelmary

Hello Jo I spoke to my GP and he has actually put on the prescription that it has to be Teva so I shouldn't have that problem again hopefully.
Hazel

I

Guest user
Not applicable

Hazel,
I've been on letrozole now for 18 months and SEs are gradually getting worse - sore, stiff hips, ankles, shoulders, night sweats, headaches, constantly tired and feeling nauseous.
However, when I started with letrozole I was on Femara, this came off licence and I was given Teva brand which was ok. With no explanation (cost presumably) for two months I was given the Arrow brand and I felt absolutely shocking. Much worse SEs and suffered some post-meno bleeding (the follow up to which is another long story! (No reason found!)). After these two prescriptions I started getting the Teva brand again and almost immediately felt a lot better (until the past two to three months).
I would suggest you request to go back to Teva.
Jo
Guest user
Not applicable

hi maggie
you sound like you're having a horrible time - did you know that there are alternatives?
i swapped from femera to exemestane a few months ago after i got fed up with thr femara - hot flushes & night sweats despite even more meds, impossible to get any weight off
i swapped to exemestane & am doing better with it - not perfect: worse for teenage acne & still affecting my weight but the joint pain is back down to mainly the wrists so not competing too much arthritis
like you say, feels like we've got to manage one of them, so it's worth experimenting to find the least bad option

Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you \lucy, my sentence should have read, 'I dont feel depressed'I missed out the word 'dont'feel depressed.Maggie