Sun brand of Letrozole

Hi there,

I’ve been on the Accord brand of Letrozole for some time but I’ve just been given Sun brand by my chemist. I’ve not heard of it before, has anyone else used it ? I’m concerned that the side effects may be worse than the ones I get with Accord.

Hi Saffyron

I started hormone therapy only 3 weeks ago but it is the Sun brand of letrozol I take. Nothing I haven’t been able to handle so far (gripey tummy and mild aches in legs at night) has occurred though I realise it’s early days.

I was originally scared to take them and a kind sole on the forum reassured me enough to give it a go (benefits outweighing risks etc).

Having read a number of posts in the hormone therapy section I realise there is no rhyme or reason as to who gets on with which brand or indeed if brand even makes a difference to some people. 
If the brand doesn’t work for you some GPs seem to be able prescribe certain brands while others don’t - mine doesn’t and said she couldn’t prescribe accord brand due to the cost. I had a chat with the pharmacist at our chemist and he said if I didn’t get on with the brand he would see what he could do. 
If the brand doesn’t work for you then from reading others experiences it should be possible to get what you want in the end.

Hope it works for both of us! X