cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sun brand of Letrozole

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Sun brand of Letrozole

Would be interested to hear from anyone who is on, or has tried this brand of Letrozole. 
I have had Cipla for a year but pharmacist is having difficulty sourcing it 🥴 so thought I ought to try another type. I had Accord in the early days, but it caused terrible cramping and tummy upset so am a little worried about what I might expect this time with Sun Pharma. Cipla has been very kind to me, although I know it doesn’t suit others. 
Any information gratefully received. 
Butterfly x

Highlighted

Hi Saffyron

Just to update you, I took my first Sun brand Letrozole on Thurs and felt stiff hip joints on Saturday. I don't know if it's due to the brand or wether it's a culmination of taking Letrozole for 2 months previously🤔, time will tell I suppose depending on the brand I get next. Pains are manageable without painkillers at the moment though. Hope you are finding it easy with the brand.

Joemic x

Highlighted

Thanks Joemic, good luck, hope you get on well with the SUN brand, let me know how you get on. I'll do the same x

Highlighted

Thanks Kaggy, hope things go well for you, some people aren't affected too badly so there's always a chance . I'll give the SUN brand a go and will let you know if the side effects are worse than the Accord brand x

Highlighted

Hi

I have had the Teva and Accord brands of Letrozole both with no issues, however, I have been given the Sun brand this time so will have to wait and see what happens, I'll be taking the first tablet of this brand tonight - I'm hoping things go ok as I'm about to start back to work in a week and a half and I don't fancy battling side effects on my first day backSmiley Frustrated.

Joemic x 

Highlighted

Hi Saffyron

I started hormone therapy only 3 weeks ago but it is the Sun brand of letrozol I take. Nothing I haven’t been able to handle so far (gripey tummy and mild aches in legs at night) has occurred though I realise it’s early days.

I was originally scared to take them and a kind sole on the forum reassured me enough to give it a go (benefits outweighing risks etc).

Having read a number of posts in the hormone therapy section I realise there is no rhyme or reason as to who gets on with which brand or indeed if brand even makes a difference to some people. 
If the brand doesn’t work for you some GPs seem to be able prescribe certain brands while others don’t - mine doesn’t and said she couldn’t prescribe accord brand due to the cost. I had a chat with the pharmacist at our chemist and he said if I didn’t get on with the brand he would see what he could do. 
If the brand doesn’t work for you then from reading others experiences it should be possible to get what you want in the end.

Hope it works for both of us! X

Highlighted

Sun brand of Letrozole

Hi there,

I've been on the Accord brand of Letrozole for some time but I've just been given Sun brand by my chemist. I've not heard of it before, has anyone else used it ? I'm concerned that the side effects may be worse than the ones I get with Accord.