cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplements

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Supplements

It’s also worth considering something like yoga or Pilates as that really helps with aches and pains if you don’t do something like this already. I do yoga - stretching and doing specific weight bearing exercises is really beneficial x 

Highlighted

Thank you I will take a look cx

@Jaybro wrote:

Hi vic

I consulted a medical herbalist at The Haven, so she was very experienced in all aspects of breast cancer (and she’d been through it herself). She recommended a specific brand of omega 3, taken from the algae the fish eat rather than from the fish so more effective in her opinion, from a firm called Nuique. I’ve just started taking it for disabling joint and muscle pain so it’s very early days (I’m also having a break from the anastrozole to get rid of the joint pain and then restarting it with the original brand I had which caused me no problems - my oncology nurse said several of her patients had found changing brands solved things). I considered glucosamine and turmeric but I think 2 things at a time and see if either helps, then try something else... 

Highlighted

Hi vic

I consulted a medical herbalist at The Haven, so she was very experienced in all aspects of breast cancer (and she’d been through it herself). She recommended a specific brand of omega 3, taken from the algae the fish eat rather than from the fish so more effective in her opinion, from a firm called Nuique. I’ve just started taking it for disabling joint and muscle pain so it’s very early days (I’m also having a break from the anastrozole to get rid of the joint pain and then restarting it with the original brand I had which caused me no problems - my oncology nurse said several of her patients had found changing brands solved things). I considered glucosamine and turmeric but I think 2 things at a time and see if either helps, then try something else... 

Highlighted

Supplements

Hi, does anyone take glucosamine or cod liver oil to help with stiff joints from hormone therapy, I saw consultant today and he said some ladies do and also turmeric. Would like to know what you take and if it’s helped

thank you vic xx