Tamoxifen Shortage?

Good Morning. I have been taking Tamoxifen for three years after having BC surgery. I started on Wockhardt and asked my GP to put this brand on my prescription. Yesterday, when I picked up my prescription, the pharmacist said she can no longer get this brand and offered me Tillomed. My chemist also said that four other brands are also not available. I tried quite a few other chemists and no Wockhardt. I emailed the company yesterday and they have confirmed that production has stopped and all existing stock has been distributed. They have no definite date for production to restart but maybe February 2021.

Has anyone tried the Tillomed brand?

Thanks Michele

Hi Michele - thank you for the tip/warning, I just called my local pharmacist and was told that all brands of Tamoxifen are hard to get at the moment. He says the shortage is short term with some brands, and he told me to call back in a week to get an update. I haven’t tried Tillomed. Fingers crossed they restock quickly - but interesting what Wockhardt said to you. As if we don’t have enough to worry about! Hugs, Evie xx

Hi Michele I have been taking Wockhardt for nearly 4 years after BC surgery (I am 58), I have taken Tilomed for 1 month and had aches and pains and disturbed sleep so asked for Wockhardt to be put on my prescription, I’ve had the same message from Wockhardt about production being halted until Feb 21. I am currently on Relonchem and have been for the last 2 months which has made me feel awful, I cant sleep properly, hot and cold sweats, joint and muscle pains and feel really emotional with it, I get plenty of exercise and eat well but this doesn’t make any difference. I am not sure what other brands to try as it sounds like others are out of stock, but would welcome any advice from anyone. I really hope you get on ok with Tilomed as I think it suits some people but not others…fingers crossed for you.

Julie