Tamoxifen and low mood

I feel rubbish on these tablets, I have to take them as my bc was both invasive ductal and lobular, 8/8 er+pr+ and not finished off by chemo. I know it’s a side effect but to feel so sad… anyone else going through this at the moment? X I’m exhausted from just finishing rads, but I don’t think it’s only it!

Michelle

How long have you been taking them for?

I started taking mine before I started rads so was having rads in the early days of taking them, in those early weeks I would feel sad and would easily cry over nothing but it did pass.  I honestly think the constant toing and froing to the hospital has a big effect on us as well.

Are you taking in enough fluid during the day as well?

Sending you hugs

Helena xxx

Hello Helena, about two months, after the mx but before rads. The rads have left me exhausted but I get so sad and cry. I wondered about swapping brands…the other SEs aren’t so bad x ps no I suspect I’m not drinking enough xx

I have been taking Tamoxifen for 14 months now after having a baby (unplanned) a few months after finishing chemo & surgery (double mastectomy). I put my low moods down to baby side effects but they seem pretty consistant. I have a couple of good weeks in the month and then I start feeling anxious and worrying about little things and then at the peak i go into full on meltdown mode. Genuinely feel crazy as i don’t seem to be able to rationalise my thoughts. Sound familiar at all? :-S

I’m really hoping it’s not a permanent side effect as I don’t think I will cope with another 9 years of this.

You have been through a lot, Caz & and having an unexpected gift of a little one as well thrown into the mix after what you’ve been through, is a rollercoaster & a huge emotional adjustment to make.
It would probably be more surprising if you felt everything was hunkeydorey…
Apologies for stating this if you’ve done so already, but is counselling worth a look as well & others have found anti depressant medication can help.
Wishing you all well with it all
ann x