Tamoxifen is it working

I’ve been on Tamoxifen for 5 weeks. I was initially petrified to take it as I’d read so much about horrific side effects however so far I’ve not experienced any. I am very fit and work out everyday and I still do this without any problems. I know I should be grateful for this but how do i know the tamoxifen is working? The only thing I have noticed and I’m not even sure if it’s the tablets but I have a bit of blurry vision now and again always had perfect sight.

Hi Cola,
It’s a bit ironic that if we’re doing fine on tamox, then we worry if it’s working! I too have felt the same & had similar thoughts, but I don’t think about it now.
From my understanding, I don’t think there is a link between side effects & efficacy, it’s just that we can differ in how we respond to it. Understandably, those who are ok, will not tend to post about it.
As you are fit & work out daily, presumably this helps.
Over time, I did have some minor hair thinning which is not noticeable & vision wise, I can relate to a possible slight increase in blurriness, but the optician says my eyes are healthy & maybe it’s just getting older.
Anyway, I’m happy to continue for the recommended 10 years.
ann x

Hi Cola,

I have been on Tamoxifen since April and haven’t had any noticeable side effects. I was very tired before Christmas however that could be just life! 

Hopethat makes you feel better xx