Tamoxifen side effects

Hi everyone. I had stage 1 estrogen +, progesterone + and HR2+.  I’ve done my chemotherapy and about ready to start Radiation. My Dr. wants me to take Tamoxifen and I’m on the fence about it. I’ve looked up all the side effects and I’m worried. A-lot of people call it maintenance chemotherapy. What has been your side effects? Did you stop taking it? 

AngieG55, I was tnbc so didn’t need it but friends who have been and still are on tamoxifen have found different brands of tamoxifen suit them better so is you do have it and keep that in mind if you don’t settle with one brand ask for a different one I’m sure others who are on here or viewing will jump on and answer too, also maybe ask the nurse on here too :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :sparkles: :sparkles: Shi xx

I’ve had lots of side effects in the 6 weeks I’ve been taking it, I’ve just been told to stop. I have no idea how people are on it 5-10 years. At your lowest, when your body is recovering from surgery and radio/chemo, it can feel counter productive.

What I really want to know is: why, with all the research poured into cancer, we only have tamoxifen with its horrendous side effects? My consultant said “that’s the only choice for peri menopausal  women.”

Maybe all these HRT obsessed celebs should start campaigning for alternatives to tamoxifen.

Sorry, rant over.